LegacyGT.com

***SoCal Dyno Day - November 3 at Yimi Sport Tuning***

Boostjunkie

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone's getting green with envy :D

BTW, matt's green versus a stage 2 lgt both tuned by Jesus ;) I do believe that both owners are very happy (and i know both of them)

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n268/michaelyan/Dynoz/rigowooley.jpg

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

Ok, for real. Is this FP green some sort of freak of nature or are all FP green's like this. (with the same mods that is) Because if they are, why would you ever go with another turbo?

I know that I am a quick spool freak, but I would strap this turbo on any day of the week.

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

Dave, that was the green on the 06 WRX that was there on saturday... it is a killlller setup!

Greens aren't that much in the grand scheme of things... ~1400. EWG and supporting stuff costs $$$$ tho

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

Everyone's getting green with envy :D

BTW, matt's green versus a stage 2 lgt both tuned by Jesus ;) I do believe that both owners are very happy (and i know both of them)

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n268/michaelyan/Dynoz/rigowooley.jpg

Matt and Rigo. Both very strong running examples for their mods.

He already has those goodies and the FMIC is basically a must especially with an LGT setup.

So nobody has done a Green / TD06-20g swap with a top mount with good result?

What's the biggest / best turbo upgrade you can run efficiently w/o having to go front mount?

"the FPGreen is fitted with FP's proprietary severe duty bearing system which increases surface area to deal with the loads of high boost pressure found in racing applications. No other vendor can offer this thrust bearing system"

Is that a fancy way to say it's not ball-bearing type?

Yes, its a fancy way to say that its not ball bearing. I think the FP greens now are oil and water cooled. But the one I'm running is only oil cooled. Its an older version.

Really It was a lot of research of supporting mods to get these numbers. Having realistic goals and knowing who needed to tune it.

Thanks for the interest guys!

pardon the ignorance, but I don't believe I've heard of "40BB" yet. Who's the manufacturer and what are the specs?:)

I'd probably pick up the alcohol injection option if I were to go w/ an aftermarket turbo. I'd just rather keep the top mount set up.

the 40BB is a turbo that Blouch makes for TDC. It has a VF22 (ball bearing) center section and an 18g compressor wheel in a VF40 cover. It's a bolt on turbo. Not a big boost of stock, maybe 20-30 whp, but it spools pretty dang close to stock. It will also work fine with a TMIC.

Thanks for the explanation Paul. So basically the 40BB Blouch by TDC looks identical to our stocker on the outside eh? That'd be a nice stealthy setup for sure!

Is a TD06-20g going to generate that much more heat than a 18g that nobody would recommend staying with the top mount setup?

the 40BB is a turbo that Blouch makes for TDC. It has a VF22 (ball bearing) center section and an 18g compressor wheel in a VF40 cover. It's a bolt on turbo. Not a big boost of stock, maybe 20-30 whp, but it spools pretty dang close to stock. It will also work fine with a TMIC.

Just a bit more WHP than that, there have been a couple members who have seen over 320whp on the 40BB turbo with full list of supporting mods.

Just a bit more WHP than that, there have been a couple members who have seen over 320whp on the 40BB turbo with full list of supporting mods.

I'm sure they have on a generous dyno and 93 octane. They won't see that much on 91 octane. On 91 octane about 300-310 whp it what I would expect to see since that is what most 18g's end up with. The stock turbo with just about all the bolt-ons available is good for about 275-280whp on 91 octane.

Archived