LegacyGT.com

***SoCal Dyno Day - November 3 at Yimi Sport Tuning***

Boostjunkie

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I have been busy tracking my car and killing my brakes, but here is my dyno plot from Saturday.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2065/1883280989_1a2f606236_o.jpg

Overall, I am a bit dissapointed. I thought I would have at least 15 more WHP and 15 more WTQ than my old set up (MR UP, Gutted DP and Gutted MP, TDC stage 2 tune). I guess that a pro-tune would get me to about 270 AWHP and 315 AWTQ.

Here is a graph with my old dyno plot (blue) vs. my new one (red). I am slower to spool, but after 3500 RPM's I am doing better. But not by much :icon_sad:.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2349/1884108304_bbb2eda385_o.jpg

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

^^^^ likewise!

And thanks Paul Yim and Mike for doing the tranny and diff change, shifting was night and day on the loooong drive back!

Awesome, glad to help man. Braden got Scotty's Cocktail in the morning as well, and he loves how it shifts now!

Mike

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

ATF - Amsoil Type-J compatible ATF... + BG Additive + Some Subaru 5EAT ATF to top it off

Front Diff - 75/90 Redline

Rear Diff - Mobil 1 75/90

I remember reading that Amsoil was going to release a Type-J compatible fluid. It looks like they did.

Why the two different mfgrs for the front and rear diff? No 75/90ns for the front, or is the NS unnecessary?

I did what Leung told me to do while we were doign the valve body :D. I believe it was straight 75/90 Redline

Rear is mobil 1 cause i did it at home and not at Yim's shop, and Mobil1 is what i coudl buy at autozone ;)

mike

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

On the 5MT the front diff shares it's fluid with the tranny, so if you were to use a Redline product, you'd definitely want to use 75w90ns. The friction modifiers in 75w90 would make the syncros very unhappy. However, the in 5EAT the front diff has it's own fluid so you can use either 75w90 or 75w90ns. I use the friction modified 75w90 because a little less friction can't be a bad thing ;) Same goes for the rear diff.

On the 5MT the front diff shares it's fluid with the tranny, so if you were to use a Redline product, you'd definitely want to use 75w90ns. The friction modifiers in 75w90 would make the syncros very unhappy. However, the in 5EAT the front diff has it's own fluid so you can use either 75w90 or 75w90ns. I use the friction modified 75w90 because a little less friction can't be a bad thing ;) Same goes for the rear diff.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thanks for the explanation.

I'll be changing my diff fluids when my car hits 45k (15k on the fluid) to the Redline 75w90.

Archived