LegacyGT.com

Official "Looking to swap interior" thread!

Do you know if LGT seats are the same as Outback XT's? Can you post or e-mail me some pictures to FSRBIKER@Optonline.net

Not too sure if the seats are the same or not. I'll get pics of the seat parts today and either post and/or email them to you. I figure if I got the STi seats in (and they are not the same); that we could manage to retrofit LGT into XT...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No problems with the advanced airbag system at all. Never came on after install. Being that said and never pulling the bottom frames...no calibration was required from the dealership for the system. (<---smart, eh?).

...And I believe they are '05 seats...at least that is what I was told when I got them...

Ok post or e-mail them to me when you get a chance.

Not too sure if the seats are the same or not. I'll get pics of the seat parts today and either post and/or email them to you. I figure if I got the STi seats in (and they are not the same); that we could manage to retrofit LGT into XT...

Roughly how long do you think it would take to swap the interior from an 07? Another member and I are contemplating swapping interiors, including carpeting, glove box, inside of the doors, everything. Do you guys think this is feasible? Edited by LGT-NY

Sure it's feasible, I wouldn't rush anything though and plan on a good long afternoon. You can have the seats out in under a half hour but take your time with the door panels, make sure you have the right tools not a flat screwdriver. The tools are not expensive and both of you can chip in, if you can't find them locally order them from Eastwood.com or a similar source. The time you take will be well spent on the quality of the job and you will notice everyday if you rushed something and scratched or ripped a panel.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey all! I have an 05 LGT sedan with MINT MINT cloth seats. I am located in Toronto Canada and willing to travel the distance if the deal is good enough for me. Say 4-5 hours easily! Possibly looking for leather. PM me if you're interested :)

Anyone interested in full set of seats from 2008 Legacy 2.5i SE (driver seat power, passenger manual) in black cloth? Kinda impulse buy by me - wanted to put them into my 05 wagon, but changed mind. These are 6 months old, removed from a UNDAMAGED car (not from a junkyard) - so no post accident risky seats. The original owner swapped them for leather seats.

I'd want what they cost me - $170 for all - both front seats and rear seat. The rear seat folds down so it's a great upgrade for pre-07 cars (it bolts on, few members did the conversion).

I am in Boston area.

I'd want what they cost me - $170 for all - both front seats and rear seat. The rear seat folds down so it's a great upgrade for pre-07 cars (it bolts on, few members did the conversion).

I am in Boston area.

I would possibly be interested on just the rear seat. If so pm me a price. I remember the original thread/ price that these came in and I was looking at that one too. Anyways shoot me a pm with a shipped price to 62234

No problems with the advanced airbag system at all. Never came on after install. Being that said and never pulling the bottom frames...no calibration was required from the dealership for the system. (<---smart, eh?).

...And I believe they are '05 seats...at least that is what I was told when I got them...

Nice, but about about the side air bag in the seat back? Did you retain it? How?

Nice, but about about the side air bag in the seat back? Did you retain it? How?

The STi seats I installed had a side airbag in them already. Connectors were the same underneath the seat. Once everything was hooked up and the battery was reattached (pulled the negative during install just in case); everything was fine and no airbag light. To test the system, I pulled the connector off for the passenger side airbag and the "Airbag" light on the dash did in fact come on. Pulled the battery again and reconnected the seat, re-did the battery, and no issues.

Been about two months now (and 4500 miles) with no issues. Passenger side still senses passengers correctly (seat belt chime and airbag light). As far as I see it...no issues at all and I love these seats.

Next project --> I want to gut the heaters out of the old LGT seats and install them into the STi seats. Judging the zippers on the STi's...looks like no issue. My only concern is the heat on the blue suede and any discoloration thereof. Still going to try though...I want to have the only (that I know of) heated STI seats in the US...possibly the world.

The STi seats I installed had a side airbag in them already. Connectors were the same underneath the seat. Once everything was hooked up and the battery was reattached (pulled the negative during install just in case); everything was fine and no airbag light. To test the system, I pulled the connector off for the passenger side airbag and the "Airbag" light on the dash did in fact come on. Pulled the battery again and reconnected the seat, re-did the battery, and no issues.

Been about two months now (and 4500 miles) with no issues. Passenger side still senses passengers correctly (seat belt chime and airbag light). As far as I see it...no issues at all and I love these seats.

Next project --> I want to gut the heaters out of the old LGT seats and install them into the STi seats. Judging the zippers on the STi's...looks like no issue. My only concern is the heat on the blue suede and any discoloration thereof. Still going to try though...I want to have the only (that I know of) heated STI seats in the US...possibly the world.

Wait a second, I did not think STI seats had air bags in them. Which year STI?

Canadian STi seats come with the heaters built in them. You should have no issue.

Right on...that I did not know. I haven't seen or heard of any in the US...so I just presumed they didn't exist. Thanks for the info...and I'll definately give 'er a try.

Wait a second, I did not think STI seats had air bags in them. Which year STI?

'05 STi seats have airbags. The occupant (passsenger) side of the STi seats didn't have the occupant position sensors or weight sensor (the STi seat has an oil-filled bag and pressure sensor); so a frame swap was neccessary. I essentially unbolted the backs of the seats from each and swapped and pulled the bottom foam/upolstery and swapped them. So the seat frames are LGT with STi foam and skins and the seat-back is a direct swap...airbags foam and all.

Hope that helps...I need to write up a thread on how I did this.

Alright, I just joined up... because i'm having no luck locally or on nasioc

I'm trying to track down a trade... I'm interested in trading my 06 STI front seats+cash with Spec-B front seats.

I travel a lot, so i have a lot of options with delivery and swapping. Places I travel mostly: San Diego, San Fran', LA, Phoenix, Salt Lake, Denver

(and everywhere in between to get there from Vegas), So distance isn't and issue if patience is accounted for.

...oh, and being the 06, passenger seat has the weight sensors and everything. (mom sits down and the air bag light stays on, lol she's tiny)

Incase i forget to check, Drop me an email

derkenblosh@gmail.com

Edited by derkenblosh