LegacyGT.com

Official "Looking to swap interior" thread!

'05 STi seats have airbags. The occupant (passsenger) side of the STi seats didn't have the occupant position sensors or weight sensor (the STi seat has an oil-filled bag and pressure sensor); so a frame swap was neccessary. I essentially unbolted the backs of the seats from each and swapped and pulled the bottom foam/upolstery and swapped them. So the seat frames are LGT with STi foam and skins and the seat-back is a direct swap...airbags foam and all.

Hope that helps...I need to write up a thread on how I did this.

I might need to go this route as I have the suspension set up where the seats are now too flat. So you have no airbag lighta at all? The seat adjustment is the LegGT and not the STi one?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'05 STi seats have airbags. The occupant (passsenger) side of the STi seats didn't have the occupant position sensors or weight sensor (the STi seat has an oil-filled bag and pressure sensor); so a frame swap was neccessary. I essentially unbolted the backs of the seats from each and swapped and pulled the bottom foam/upolstery and swapped them. So the seat frames are LGT with STi foam and skins and the seat-back is a direct swap...airbags foam and all.

I am very interested in this write up as well!

the english version is out already I am scared it will be differnt intro and voices and all that, The US version comes out late dec or early Jan to coinside the movie and 4.5 premiere.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnY9hYHkz1U]YouTube - Extrait 1 battlestar Galactica 4x01[/ame]

Cant wait!!!!

Agreed!!!

I need to get the last season DVD collection.

Mr.350

• 4 weeks later...

So again, no fabrication or heavy modding other than swapping foam/skin from the lower frames and seatbacks????

Doing a writeup soon?

My bad folks. I am going to do a write-up on the STi seat install; but been busy as heck around the house. Doing "home improvement" projects and got the wifey all over my back to finish it up. Don't know why she pushing so hard...I'm enclosing the back patio (done) to make way for a wet bar. Oh yeah...and the walk-in closet...THAT's what she wants most of all. HAHA, here I am thinking of my bar...not the closet for her sh* - stuff.

I would be interested in trading down to cloth seats + cash for my leather seats, assuming the cloth seats have heaters..

I don't need leather seats, but I need heated seats. My leather seats are in great condition if anyone is interested in trading.. LMK.

I would be interested in trading down to cloth seats + cash for my leather seats, assuming the cloth seats have heaters..

I don't need leather seats, but I need heated seats. My leather seats are in great condition if anyone is interested in trading.. LMK.

I would do it if you ever make it to WI.

My cloth seats have heaters. Don't know if they are plug and play, but they probably are from your end. The cloth seats aren't power seats if that matters to you. The manual adjustments are back/forth, up/down, seat back angle and I think lumbar.

BTW you should specify if you've got black or tan.

New Katzkin leather seats (replacement covers) front and back are about $600. I would expect something less than that.

There is a set for a wagon on e-bay done by Classic Soft Trim, though it's over, I'm sure he can get any set custom made for around that price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250313282063&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=

Thinking of a set myself but with suede insert.

• 2 weeks later...