LegacyGT.com

2009 Subaru Legacy rumor thread

godwhomismike

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
agreed to all who say there should be an HP increase. If they make the car bigger, it would stand to reason that they could even turbocharge the 3.0 for the GT and maybe even the 3.6 for the spec B. Does anyone else think that it's hard to justify the extra 5k for the spec B when there is no HP difference?

Shhhh....the spec-b one. ;)

No, all kidding aside, people are just strongly opinionated about that topic. Some feel it's justified while others feel you can get better performance for the same amount of money. In the end, it really depends on who's buying it, and what value they place on those extras.

Search for the thread "Abandoning Manual Transmission" and the last few pages should have some banter about this.

ah well right on we'll leave it to that thread then...but back to the topic of the future legacy...I have say Subaru is quirky...to say the least. They definitely think outside of the auto-design box. Just look at the new Impreza/WRX. What are they going to cook up for the Legacy. Obviously the Legacy isn't the icon the WRX is but that also means it's demographic is easier to please but considering that half of the cars in the class of the Legacy (Mazda6, A4 just to start off) are being redesigned to be bigger will Subaru follow suit?

Many people believe it will get a little bigger in once they do the complete overhaul. I personally am not in favor of this... unless they give us a pretty decent HP jump, but then you'd be impeding on STi country, so I dunno what they're happy medium will be.

sweet, thanks for the link...one slip of the memory and next you'll be sending me the link to SOA so i can find out more about Subaru in general...what's next?? but yeah I can understand about encroaching on STi territory which is why I can't understand why they didn't give the STi more HP that way they could pave the way for all the other models in the Subaru lineup getting more HP without taking away from the STi

IMO - In my opinion IMHO - In My Honest Opinion

IIRC - If I Recall Correctly MY - Model Year

Read this, it will probably answer a lot of other questions you have too.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67940

Topic 6 is for Acronyms.

No, no, no,... IMHO is In My *Humble* Opinion - we're a humble lot here. :lol:

Marquis - NP. And that link to subaru is: http:\\ ;):lol:

Yeah, that STi should have gotten a bump, if only to compete with the Evo. Plus, like you said, it would have given the rest of the lineup a little breathing room.

Subie - yes... very humble people here... until someone talks about Spec-B's ;):lol::hide:

2009 will have no big changes, minor cosmetic changes only.

Next January (2009) the all-new 2010 Legacy model will be unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show. It will be an all-new, upscale, larger platform Legacy. Expect 3 different power plants to start; 2.5l N/A, 2.5l Turbo and the 3.6l all with CVT transmissions. The Legacy will add a 4th power plant in 2011, a turbo-diesel.

Watch and see.... ;)

For those that missed it. ;)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Archived