LegacyGT.com

2009 Subaru Legacy rumor thread

godwhomismike

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Legacy going A6 sized would be horrible a idea. The Legacy is a good size as it stands. I have no problem with Subaru putting a sedan above the Legacy though.

I doubt will be getting a 3.6L turbo engine but we can dream. If a 3.6L turbo engine were coming our way, we would have had more concrete evidence by now.

I would be happy if the legacy was a little bigger. Not a lot, but a little. We have a small trunk and a more cramped backseat than most for this class.

I dont want it to be as big as say an Avalon or anything, but a little extra room here and there would be nice.

Go Cardinals!

I would be happy if the legacy was a little bigger. Not a lot, but a little. We have a small trunk and a more cramped backseat than most for this class.

I dont want it to be as big as say an Avalon or anything, but a little extra room here and there would be nice.

Really?

I'm the opposite.. I actually like to see the Legacy get a little smaller.

It's harder to make a proper performance sedan if the size and weight keep increasing.

Wow, that is bright.

I like bright reds, but that might actually be too much day-glo.

It also looks photoshopped. Looking at the people and the surrounding cars, this looks like an overcast day. No paint color that isn't electroluminescent somehow glows that much on an overcast day.

I'd almost bet money that this is a white Spec B pre-production car, that has been color-select shifted to a very highly saturated red.

Really?

I'm the opposite.. I actually like to see the Legacy get a little smaller.

It's harder to make a proper performance sedan if the size and weight keep increasing.

they definitely wont go smaller. If you want smaller than the current legacy, why not look at the Impreza sedan? I think the overall exterior dimensions are slightly smaller, but the passenger volume is better.

I thought the leaked Subaru Canada sheet that says that the Legacy GT Limited is absent, claimed a color:

Ruby Red Pearl

And it wasn't listed as available for the Spec B or 2.5i, only the 3.0R.

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee181/08LEGACYGT/2009-Legacy.jpg

This is applicable, if true, because they all come from the same factory, do they not? I doubt SIA is going to put two reds in the paint shop.

And who knows why the 3.0R gets a different option for Obsidian Black, with the same paint code, but different listing than the rest of the lineup.

ITs photochopped....look at the bottom of the front bumper and side sill.....the paint is jagged.

If it's photochopped, then it is a good one. The reflections from the rain puddles under the car reflect the right shade of red.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

That is way brighter than Blitzen red or STI's Solid Red.

That is sear-your-retinas red. That is so bright, it makes the black trim on the car look washed out gray.

THe original car may be red, but I still think the luminance and saturation have been amped up. No way a car should be that bright on a cloudy day.

they definitely wont go smaller. If you want smaller than the current legacy, why not look at the Impreza sedan? I think the overall exterior dimensions are slightly smaller, but the passenger volume is better.

Well... The last generation Impreza had no rear seat room for adults. The new one is much better and I am thinking about a new STI.

For the last three generations, the Legacy has pretty much been the same size. I don't mind if interior volume increases. If it doesn't impact the exterior size or impair performance.

The Legacy was never meant to be a Camry\Altima\Maxima\Accord\Malibu family sedan competitor. If subaru wants to compete in the extra large mid sized market or full size market. They should really build a sedan above the Legacy in terms of size.

Legacy is meant to be ROW Accord (USDM TSX) size equivalent. I really don't like the idea of Legacy growing up in size, well, maybe a touch wider would be ok (like 10-15mm) as long as they cut weight somewhere.

I think making Impreza so big was a mistake. 02-07 Impreza size was perfect for what the car was.

You guys all have wet dripping dreams about this 3.6L turbo. Yeah it would be nice. But unrealistic.

With the new CAFE standards of 35mpg, Subaru cannot turbo even higher displacement cars when its own current fleet of 2.5L turbo cars barely make mid 20s and the non-turbos barely hit 30 (or low 30) mpg.

Now this 35mpg standard is 12 years away...but with ever increasing gas prices Subaru (like all other manufacturers) will have to improve their CAFE fuel economy year by year if they are to attract customers.

The 911 Carera has 25 mpg on the highway from its 3.8 turbo flat 6 but then again, I do not think the Porsche customer base is doing quite as well financially as that of Subaru to afford the gas... ha ha ha

Archived