LegacyGT.com

'05 LGT vs '03 EVO

IB6UB9

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks, but WHY???????????????????????????

drive both and compare, that seriously is the best thing anyone can tell you!

especially if you havent driven them both back to back

heres what to expect - evo will feel faster, quicker steering, louder,

legagc will be a lot more comfortable, while still on the fast side, you also have the sleeper edge, just dont get red like i did :lol:

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

lgt is comfy crap and evo is fast crap. srt-4 ftw! it is the Faasteeerrhhhast!!!!!!!!

subaru is crap, mistu is crap, dodge is the finest automobile on the road, and the neon looks as exotic as a ferrari, if you want heads to turn get a neon.

:lol:

I plan on driving both. I just wanted to know if anyone had anything good/bad to say about the EVO, but apparently there's not much bad to say about it....other than the fact that it will be hard to find one that hasn't been abused or ragged out.

the evo is based on a economy car. the legacy is based on a family car... at any trim level both cars will have the same feel as their cheaper counterparts respectively. think civic-accord, corolla-camry, mazda3-mazda6...

this comparison is apples to oranges...

my .02$

the evo is based on a economy car. the legacy is based on a family car... at any trim level both cars will have the same feel as their cheaper counterparts respectively. think civic-accord, corolla-camry, mazda3-mazda6...

this comparison is apples to oranges...

my .02$

But in this case, their sizes aren't far apart. The LGT is a pretty small family car.

Really what it comes down to is price, you can find an lgt for 17 or 18k with low miles(under 30k) no problem. But you will have a hard time finding an evo for a comparable price, and if you do it will probably have in the ball park of 70 or 80k in hard miles more than likely. To find an evo with low miles you will have to spend mid 20's. Good luck... both are tight cars, you probably wouldn't regret either purchase as long as you could find an evo that hadn't been harped on.

I am also a former DSMer that had a 90 Mitsu GSX and did the whole EVO ported/wastegate 16g turbo, FMIC, injectors, etc etc and found myself now with an LGT. I got leather, a nicer build in materials for the interior and exclusivity as not too many LGT owners in Hawaii. If you want a better performer/race car then the EVO would be your kind of thing, but its just not as practical or nice in build quality I think.

As for me, I have greater needs with more passanger leg room for front and rear passangers and more trunk space. This is my daily driver and its more useable. I test drove an Evo and its night and day when the turbo comes on with the small 2.0L motor as it runs with a lot of boost for power. An LGT with mods (AP, TMIC, Exhaust and a tune) should be more than enough as Im happy with the 263hp/305 tq on the dyno I had a couple weeks ago,..Its a lot faster and refined than the GSX I had anyday.

Are you kidding me? First off, yes reliability can go real far in defining "better product"..Not to mention perception in the marketplace. Mitsu is second-rate, low cost operator, not even in the same overall class as Subaru.

I think the EVO is the car all the kids buy that can't afford the STi. I am not saying it is not a performer, but it is not on the same level of overall product quality, reliability, perception, history, warranty, one of the best AWD systems in the world, boxer motors, etc.

Mitsu as a product to me is a notch above a Hyundai.

Yes, reliability is very important to many people, myself included, but I don't think the LGT has much of an edge there. My last car was a Mitsubishi (not an Evo), and I never had a single problem with it. My LGT hasn't left me stranded, but it has had several things break. Now, I'm sure Evo's tend to have more problems than simpler Mitsubishi's like the one I owned, but if you find one that was well taken care of (stock or lightly modded) you shouldn't worry about its reliability any more than you would with a used and equivalently modded LGT.

Really what it comes down to is price, you can find an lgt for 17 or 18k with low miles(under 30k) no problem. But you will have a hard time finding an evo for a comparable price, and if you do it will probably have in the ball park of 70 or 80k in hard miles more than likely. To find an evo with low miles you will have to spend mid 20's. Good luck... both are tight cars, you probably wouldn't regret either purchase as long as you could find an evo that hadn't been harped on.

+1. Evo's I must say are holding their value very well. Better than legacy's anyway. Except maybe for Spec-B's and the ultra-rare 2005 LGT wagon limited 5-spd's.

Interesting comments so far for the Gators fan. Let me mix it up a bit: imho you ought to compare Legacy to the Galant, and the Evo to the STI. Also, you ought to consider a wrx Impreza......

How did you know I was a GATORS fan?lol

Yeah, I've already thought about the WRX. The only model I like is the '06, but it may be out of my price range a bit.

there is something to be said for sophistication that doesnt come with an evo or srt with a straight pipe side exit.

i like that. that came into consideration when i was looking into my first car, cuz all i saw in the senior parking lot were civics and all the kids were always talking about how they unlocked the evo and sti in NFS Underground.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

I can tell you my previous Mitsu. Galant tranny broke @ 74k miles, plus my Mitsu. TV broke after the 2nd yr. along with the Mitsu. VCR. Finally 2001 Subaru 2.5RS Mitsu. alternator went out on the 3rd yr.:mad:

I no longer own any Mitsu. products.

My wife's balls are delicious.

Archived