LegacyGT.com

'05 LGT vs '03 EVO

IB6UB9

Interesting comments so far for the Gators fan. Let me mix it up a bit: imho you ought to compare Legacy to the Galant, and the Evo to the STI. Also, you ought to consider a wrx Impreza......

IF a Gvr4 (4g63T or a 6g72tt) were out now, or when i bought my leggy, i wouldnt be driving a leggy :spin:

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have driven my buddies modded srt-4 and that thing is a monster, beating modded evos all day long

ya but the trannies chew up synchros and axles like the car does gas.... had an 04 and had the trans rebuilt twice before 20,000 miles. bone stock minus a cai aand bov. this was a daily driver too. not to much abuse but waht you would expect from a turbo car.

the 03's evo8s have weak topends of something. look through the evo forums, tons of rebuilders cuz of this. but a stroker evo is just sick.

get the legy.

^why do you say the have weak topends?

there is not tons of rebuilds because of weak topends... there are tons of rebuilds becuase most poeople try to throw on a mbc without tuning and poof...

if your gonna mod, get the evo, unless you want a sleeper and to spends more than usual cash,

if your gonna stay stock, and want a comfortable drive, get the leggy

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

I think when compared to IX's the VIII are considered to have weak topends. From what I've seen the larger turbo and mivec 4g63's tend to make more power even after upgrades. I ran into a guy at Tuning Technologies in Colton that had a HKS cammed TBE Green powered XIII that was mad cause his buddy with a IX with TBE with a Green and no cams was putting out 20 more whp. The IX's really put out sick HP, but still lack the TQ.

I think when compared to IX's the VIII are considered to have weak topends. From what I've seen the larger turbo and mivec 4g63's tend to make more power even after upgrades. I ran into a guy at Tuning Technologies in Colton that had a HKS cammed TBE Green powered XIII that was mad cause his buddy with a IX with TBE with a Green and no cams was putting out 20 more whp. The IX's really put out sick HP, but still lack the TQ.

MIVEC ;)

have u made a decision?

evo insurance is up the roof in california. here's an example why:

dude-bro kid gets an evo about a week prior. it's used and modded to hell and back when he got it... mod roll call all the way from the front to rear of the car ,etcetc

he asks his friend- hey should i put a 75 shot of nitrous on it

something tells me he's not going to have his car for very long...

iono.. when i see someone in an evo i think fast and furious. the legacy is more understated, more classy.

but no question the evo's performance is waaaaay up there. had i found an evo under 20k when i bought my legacy i would have had a hard time deciding. but i'm fresh out of college, would like to make a decent impression on folks... so legacy it was.

although as mine looks now it's looking less classy and more mean haha

car for sale. PM me!

when i was huntin for a new ride the only year evo i would be able to afford was an 03 8 or maybe and 04. that was with 30,000+ miles at LEAST. i spent a few months on the forums and all our shops around here. from what i gathered they dont hold to well with huge hp combos. at least not the stock motor. the 03 was the particular year that the guys kept saying to build the block up first. yea i know the tune is a huge factor but NO motor will handle an extra 2-300 hp if it isnt strong enough, with a crappy tune its just a matter of time. hp is hp. no matter how you get it, you gotta have the parts to make it stay running.

Archived