LegacyGT.com

Hit & Run Accident

Inital Message Sent to Board Moderators:

" I was in a pretty bad accident tonight with my '05LGT Limited Stage

2+. It happened on the Southern State Pkwy on Long Island, NY,

around 6:30PM in the westbound lanes between exit 37 & 36. The sad

part is I was spin around by some lunatic, in of all cars a silver

LGT, not sure if it was '05, 06 or '07 but the car had stock rims.

My car is probably totaled and two other cars got some pretty bad

damage but the asshole in the silver LGT took off. He porbably only

hit my right rear bumper with his left front bumper and likely only

has my regal blue pearl on his bumber skin, maybe some support damage

underneath. I tried to chase him but my car was too beat up and I

could not get his tag info. My question is that I'm interested to know

if anyone deleted their profile tonight or removed and references to

their silver car (not sur eif its possible). Anyway I'd appreciate

anyones help on the board in flushing this guy out if he's a member.

The State Troppers would love to find him an d apparently there is a

camera operating on that stretch. If the guys smart he'll turn himself

in before it becomes a major crime and he gets nailed. Sorry for being

long winded but I'm mourning the probable loss of my LGT."

Update:

My car is totaled, frame is teaked up front by a few inches to the left and the rear quarter is mashed. I've sent the word out to a few hundred freinds and acquaitences on LI to keep their eyes out for this snake who didn't have the balls to own up to his inability to drive. Now myself and an innocent woman and our insurance companies are left to hold the bag. What goes around comes around! Any help out there is much appreciated!

******* Cobb Sway Bars, Hood Dampers, B&M Shifter, Accessport, StreetTuner, Avo Wastegate Diaphragm, Cobb Downpipe, Greddy Cat Back, Cusco upper front and lower front and rear braces, pulley set, High Flow Panel filter are all sold so far. Thanks All *******

Respectfully,

Shawn Baumgartner

President

Unorthodox Racing

631.586.9525 x.16

UR 001.pdf

UR 002.pdf

UR 003.pdf

UR 004.pdf

UR 005.pdf

UR 006.pdf

UR 007.pdf

UR 008.pdf

UR 009.pdf

UR 010.pdf

B&M Shifter.pdf

Front control arms off-set bushings.pdf

Spec B fornt control arms w-off set bushings.pdf

CE28 1.pdf

CE28 2.pdf

CE28 3.pdf

Lugs and Valve Stems.pdf

1690118755_UR021.thumb.jpg.1bdedb7dbb8aa7c4af4a9b3a85dcfb58.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is really shitty. Time for an 08?

I admire the fact though that you tried to chase him down in your totaled LGT. Were you hurt at all? That side airbag must have hurt some. I can see why it didnt want to drive for you.

Was he trying to **** around with your or something? IE racing?

not sure if it was '05, 06 or '07 but the car had stock rims.

Not sure if it helps but the '07's have different rims than the '05-'06's. Based on what you said, it's most likely an '05 or '06. Maybe that will help narrow down the search a bit. Sorry to hear about your car and I hope this person gets what is coming to him/her.

well here is a situation where the rarity of the car works out for u man. all the cops have to do is get all the shops to watch out for a silver legacy gt. not too hard since it is very uncommon (unless in ur area it is....) and also contact all dealers in the area to watch for anyone trying to order a new set of front bumper for a silver lgt in case he is trying to fix it himself to not get caught.

Thanks all :-)

Unfortunately his damage will probably be limited to the left front bumper cover, maybe minor structural under the bumper that will be hidden. The paint swap will be pretty ugly though considering he was silver and I was RBP. He was able to slow and probably watched me spin and get hit three times by a woman in a Toyota Matrix, luckily the thrid hit knocked me into the clear grass area. The snake took one look at me, as I shut down the car oponed the door and looked at his car, he prompty hit it and high talied out of there and likely got off at the next exit, which is why I think he is local and knows the area well.

I had passed him a few exits back, he was just cruising in the left lane. I had gotten on and then slowly moved into the empty middle lane then accelerated hard and passed two cars in the left lane, the front one was him and I said to myself "hey look a silver LGT," I then moved to the left lane. I realized as I was signaling and already halfway into the left lane he must have gunned to to try and block me out, it was way too late by almost two car lengths. He then got stuck as I squeezed back into the middle lane. I must have gotten 200-300 yards past him and all of a sudden I see him flying across three lanes then back across two and coming at me at an alarming rate of speed. At this point I was already moved back into the left lane and I was jogging between looking ahead of me and watching this lunatic barreling at me in the rearview. The last time I looked forward I was startled at how fast I was closing on the slower car in front of me and hit the brake with my clutch foot and the Hawk's/DBA bit hard. I thought I saw him swerve left and right and just as I thought he was gonna hit me I floored the gas, it didn't help and he whacked me in the right rear. This a-hole must have thought I wanted to race with him and or took offense to my move into the left lane. All I can say is it was a wild ride and all that kept going through my head was "is this it?", "is this going to hurt?".

I did not contact anybody from the local group, I was unaware of their existence.

I really appreciate the support, I'm gonna miss my GT.

Just in case anyones interested I'm going to part it out. The Greddy SP2 and the Cobb catted down-pipe and Accessport with Street Tuner are probably already spoken for but I still have front a rear Cobb bars with spherical links, Spec B aluminum control arms and off-set bushings (two months old), Cusco front and rear braces lower braces and strut tower braces, Whiteline Steering Bushing unused, pair of crash bolts for extra cam gains (lower front strut mounting bolt)DBA two piece front and one piece rear rotors w/Hawk street pads (two months old), Kart-Boy bushings, Avo 1 Bar wastegate regulator, Custom B & M Shiter, Perrin Panel Filter, UR Pulley Set (Stock Diameter), Hood Damper Kit, 3 Centerline Wheels (18x7) and I had new Falken Azenis's in the trunk and back seat that night 225/40/ZR18 and lastly a set of CE37's 17x9 +43 (two silver and two gold) and Hoosier Autocross 245/35's I think (all brand new). All must go, I'm just looking to cover my cost on the items so send me a PM or e-mail if your interested.

Respectfully,

Shawn

if that dib falls through lmk.

Dib on the air filter and bushings. let me know on that too. Dont want to flood you with pms considering what you are going through.

and how about those control arms. Dib on that as well as soon as i find out the price on everything.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

The only good thing is that you are and the driver of the Matrix is ok.

Unfortunately non fatal accidents are low on priority for LEO and even insurance companies.

There can't be THAT many white or silver lgts in that year range registered out there.

A DMV search would list all possibles , then they would have to be eliminated one by one. (In a perfect world)

But in the real world, be thankful, get what you can from the ins. co. and go get you another.

All the best.

O.

WOW!!!:eek:

My wife and I take the SS everyday, we live near exit 19 and my mother in law is on exit 27, we'll keep an eye out for this bastard! :mad: Hopefully he wasn't just passing through and is local!

That was extremely dangerous and stupid, there are so many trees on the SS that the odds of you impaling your car on one of them if you leave the road is pretty high. Lots of people have died on it this way.

Sad story. Sorry man - sucks. BTW, someone posted something about damned immigrants. WTF do immigrants have to do with it??? Retarded comment if I'm reading it correctly. And yes I was born here.

Anyway, I'll keep an eye out too. I'm often cruising the SS and sometimes am on/off exit 19.

BTW, my Shrek is silver but it wasn't me!

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

I can't decide on what sucks more, the fact that your car got totaled, or that it got totaled due to the idiotic actions of another LGT driver. I am glad to hear you (and the other drivers) are ok, but I am sorry to hear about your car, that just sucks man. It would break my heart if it happened to me, then I would just have to buy another one, same color, comparable condition and start over.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Archived