LegacyGT.com

Performance in hot weather

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We all know that turning on the AC adds torque, forced induction engines are not as sensitive to higher temperatures as naturally aspirated ones and oil pressure builds with engine load.

It really is very simple :lol:

Has everyone on this thread (save me) taken stupid pills or something? :lol:

Forced induction or NA, ICEs are affected by higher temps. FI can boost air density which NA cars can't. If the the intercooler becomes heat soaked, it's a wash. Some of the non-glue sniffers will recall the phrase "slightly less so".

"Load" as an alternative term confused some on this thread because WOT also stupified some. :lol:

vimy you have no comonce sence. no logic no sense of humor and can not accept the fact that you are wrong about anything. after enough time you cange your wording just enough to be right. i dont think you actualy get it, but you change what you say.

how does "load" or "wot" confuse anyone? the only thing that confused me was "ice", but i was able to bang my head on a wall hard enough to make that make sence to me.

roa i know you can delete threads. i know you have the power. can you delete this thread from my head though? so if i ever see this title i just blank out again? or do i need to pm gumby or tide or something. seriously i cant stop looking at this thread. its kinda like watching the jerry springer show. but at least then the host of it knows that the show is lame but it is entertaining.

vimy you have no comonce sence. no logic no sense of humor and can not accept the fact that you are wrong about anything. after enough time you cange your wording just enough to be right. i dont think you actualy get it, but you change what you say.

how does "load" or "wot" confuse anyone? the only thing that confused me was "ice", but i was able to bang my head on a wall hard enough to make that make sence to me.

Keep banging your head you're still confused. I'll let you know when to stop.

Oil pressure increases at WOT comenserate with rpm and load hence oil pressure relief mechanisms such as bypass valves and pressure release valves. It's so effing basic but not to some on this site apparently.

roa i know you can delete threads. i know you have the power. can you delete this thread from my head though? so if i ever see this title i just blank out again? or do i need to pm gumby or tide or something. seriously i cant stop looking at this thread. its kinda like watching the jerry springer show. but at least then the host of it knows that the show is lame but it is entertaining.

^ Sayeth the "member" with the "Asshat" avatar. :lol:

Oil pressure increases at WOT comenserate with rpm and load hence oil pressure relief mechanisms such as bypass valves and pressure release valves. It's so effing basic but not to some on this site apparently.

your right. more load the more and more wot you get the more oil pressure you get

You obviously do not have an oil pressure gauge in your car Vimy.

I stongly advise you to either get one, or take a ride in someones car that has one fitted before you say anything else.

The oil pressure does not change between 3,000 RPM and redline, irrespective of engine speed, engine load, throttle position.

How about I post up a video, would that convince you ?

^ All it means is that your oil pressure regulating/bypass devices are functioning as designed.

So if the oil pressure relief valve (regulating valve as you call it) works correctly, how on earth is the oil pressure going to increase ?

The Bypass valve is only there if the oil filter becomes blocked, so we can stop talking about that right now.

^ All it means is that your oil pressure regulating/bypass devices are functioning as designed.

phil you cant argue with this logic! you know that all you said surley proves that your oil pressure regulating/bypass devices are functioning as designed.

there is no way you can argue with something that logical. yeash. silly canadians

using your advice i got my car down into the high 12's last night. and i was nice and cool in side with my air on and everything. it was great! thanks vimy your my hero!

As your attention is a self described 41 seconds, you probably didn't read the post about the AC compressor shutting down under WOT. Love the self portrait in your avatar. Takes the words right out of my mouth. :lol:

Archived