LegacyGT.com

Performance in hot weather

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you still say the oil pressure increases as you go WOT ? :rolleyes:

Don't be thick (viscous). Oil pressure increases with load. Maximum load occurs at WOT and is rpm proportional. Why do you think ICEs have bypass valves and pressure regulators? Hope I've helped you to understand your engine a little bit better.

phil just give it a rest. i even explained why the pressure seams to go up when the throttle is open more. but he still doesn't get it. he was wrong plain and simple. just misunderstood the cause and affect of things and could simply say "whoops my bad, i see where i was wrong" but he wont. i bet he has never been wrong about anything, ever.

Don't be thick (viscous).

how clever:rolleyes:

Oil pressure increases with load.

no. with rpm

Maximum load occurs at WOT and is rpm proportional.

nope, you can have quite a load at 3000rpm also

Why do you think ICEs have bypass valves and pressure regulators?

who calls it "ice" (i think you mean internal combustion engine) bypass valve is to keep the engine from being starved of oil if your oil filter clogs. the pressure regulator is to keep the oil pump from pumping out say 700psi (probably a little exagerated) and blowing out all your seals.:lol:

Hope I've helped you to understand your engine a little bit better.

:spin:

phil just give it a rest. i even explained why the pressure seams to go up when the throttle is open more. but he still doesn't get it. he was wrong plain and simple. just misunderstood the cause and affect of things and could simply say "whoops my bad, i see where i was wrong" but he wont. i bet he has never been wrong about anything, ever.

I know, but I just think he would have the balls to admit it just once, oh well.............

Don't be thick (viscous).

how clever:rolleyes:

Oil pressure increases with load.

no. with rpm

Maximum load occurs at WOT and is rpm proportional.

nope, you can have quite a load at 3000rpm also

Why do you think ICEs have bypass valves and pressure regulators?

who calls it "ice" (i think you mean internal combustion engine) bypass valve is to keep the engine from being starved of oil if your oil filter clogs. the pressure regulator is to keep the oil pump from pumping out say 700psi (probably a little exagerated) and blowing out all your seals.:lol:

Hope I've helped you to understand your engine a little bit better.

:spin:

You're finally starting to understand, grasshopper. Under heavy load such as is found at WOT the bypass valve is tripped as per design intent.

what is wrong with you? the oil pump is a pump. its driven by the crank shaft. it has nothing to do with the load on the engine. the bypass valve bypass the filter if you never change your oil and the filter is clogged. how does anything i say suport your "You're finally starting to understand, grasshopper."

what is wrong with you? the oil pump is a pump. its driven by the crank shaft. it has nothing to do with the load on the engine. the bypass valve bypass the filter if you never change your oil and the filter is clogged. how does anything i say suport your "You're finally starting to understand, grasshopper."

Once again:

"The by-pass flow circuit insures oil

flow to the engine when there is a significant restriction

across the filter due to loading or cold start conditions."

http://www.fram.com/pdf/CollapsedCenterTubes.pdf

MMS just give it a rest. i even explained why the pressure seams to go up when the throttle is open more. but he still doesn't get it. he was wrong plain and simple. just misunderstood the cause and affect of things and could simply say "whoops my bad, i see where i was wrong" but he wont. i bet he has never been wrong about anything, ever.

Fixed ;)

You can't educate pork :lol:

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilterstudy.html

i should do a similar test to this with suby filters

I loved this quote from an ex Fram Engineer

Russell, I obtained great satisfaction from reading your oil filter survey. I worked for two years as the oil-filter production line engineer inan Allied-Signal FRAM facility and I can confirm every bad thing youhave said about FRAM automotive filters. That's from the horse'smouth, as it were.I'm also a quality engineer and can confirm that FRAM applies noquality control whatsoever to any of the characteristics for which webuy oil filters. I frequently saw filter designs which were barelycapable of meeting J806. Many of FRAM's designs will block and go tobypass after trying to filter very little contamination. There wereoften leakage paths at the paper end discs when these were notproperly centered on the elements. Some designs had the pleats sotightly packed against the center tube that they would block off in notime. I had discovered that the FRAM HP1 that I had been buying forabout $20 Cdn was EXACTLY the same as a PH8 inside - the onlydifference being a heavier can - no advantages in flow capacity. Thepaper filtration media was of apparently poor quality and the processof curing the paper resin was very inconsistent - elements would rangefrom visibly burnt to white. FRAM's marketers admitted that there wasjust about no way the public could ever prove that an oil filtercontributed, or did not prevent, engine damage. The only thing FRAMtested for was can burst strength. Another problem that they have fromtime to time is in threading the filter base - often there are strandsof metal left behind on a poorly formed thread.I have not used a FRAM filter since I started working there. Theirclaims are entirely and completely marketing bullshit.If people really want to protect their engines, a good air filter isvital (which excludes FRAM from that list as well) and a combinationof one depth and one full-flow hydraulic filter, together in parallel,will do the job of filtration to perfection.Thanks for doing a great job in trying to get the truth out! You canquote me anytime. [name omitted to protect submitter]

You keep putting Fram filters in your Spec B Vimy :lol:

Archived