LegacyGT.com

Thinking of trading in my LGT for a Mazdaspeed 3

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this got ugly.

i didnt say it was in a different class in performance. just price. a loaded legacy gt limited stickers at around 30k, +/- a few grand.

ms3s range from 21ish to 25k. thats where i got 6,7 grand (basically took the average of the ms3s)

at any rate the mazdaspeed 3 is a fine car. in motor trend it was faster around laguna seca than an s2000. i owned a fwd car (celica GT) and couldnt wait to get into a different car (cuz it was automatic)

i was in the fwd haters club ("rear wheels there only to keep gas tank from dragging on the tarmac") but in the end that was pretty close-minded.

pretty amazing what some fwd cars are capable of. a 21k fwd wagon topping beating a more track specialized 33k s2000 is nothing short of amazing.

lets just stop with the fwd bashing... pretty immature IMO

car for sale. PM me!

i agree. the mazdaspeed 3 is a good car for the money when compared to a subie

as far as the "bashing" i was being realistic

the mazdaspeed 3 already controls it's launch by cutting power.

adding more power isn't going to help.

if you defeat the system you'll just burn rubber.

if the mazdaspeed had awd it would be a far better car than the wrx

Wow, I love how a car is better than another, simply by the general statement that its AWD. Don't forget that the Legacy GT has an OPEN front diff... which already makes AWD half as good as it is in say.. a STi.. and I do mean HALF as good.

You can talk about limited boost in first gear on the MS3 and what not.. but in reality, consider it as if it was giving you a break before it smokes the crap out of your Legacy.

Take a corner? "Oh my AWD is the bomb... " BLAH! Where's that limited front diff? Is that the inside front I hear spinning? I can certainly tell you that even with my Azenis RT-615, I certainly get a lot of that.

The AWD of the LGT is certainly inferior to the STi and really is a somewhat weak package. If you think that its great, then you haven't felt the difference... the difference really is between drifting the LGT like I drift my GTi (Oh, a FWD car I hear?).. vs. drifting a STi like I drift a M3 or a S2000...

Lawl can tell you what I'm talking about there ;)

So, in conclusion... don't talk smack before you know the facts.. cause the fact is... that FWD, LSD lovin' MS3 is a darn good choice when compared to a WRX or maybe even a Legacy, at least when comparing them performance wise.

If all you worry power-wise is in regards to launching and cutting power.. then go buy a V8 or stick to the drag strip.... But people like myself and BOXR don't really care only about going straight fast...

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

Wow, I love how a car is better than another, simply by the general statement that its AWD. Don't forget that the Legacy GT has an OPEN front diff... which already makes AWD half as good as it is in say.. a STi.. and I do mean HALF as good.

You can talk about limited boost in first gear on the MS3 and what not.. but in reality, consider it as if it was giving you a break before it smokes the crap out of your Legacy.

Take a corner? "Oh my AWD is the bomb... " BLAH! Where's that limited front diff? Is that the inside front I hear spinning? I can certainly tell you that even with my Azenis RT-615, I certainly get a lot of that.

The AWD of the LGT is certainly inferior to the STi and really is a somewhat weak package. If you think that its great, then you haven't felt the difference... the difference really is between drifting the LGT like I drift my GTi (Oh, a FWD car I hear?).. vs. drifting a STi like I drift a M3 or a S2000...

Lawl can tell you what I'm talking about there ;)

So, in conclusion... don't talk smack before you know the facts.. cause the fact is... that FWD, LSD lovin' MS3 is a darn good choice when compared to a WRX or maybe even a Legacy, at least when comparing them performance wise.

If all you worry power-wise is in regards to launching and cutting power.. then go buy a V8 or stick to the drag strip.... But people like myself and BOXR don't really care only about going straight fast...

You seem to think an open front diff AWD is less than FWD. It is there for a reason. The LGT is an all weather beast. The best bang for the buck there is and Comfy to boot. Get lost. This is an LGT site.

BTW, I drive a Spec.B. World class machine.

Archived