LegacyGT.com

Club Legacy Photo Shoot - 09.29.08 - Now with pics (Post #634)

BH5Ritch

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply
edkwon just got some go fast parts installed ;)

that and i'm planning on a new lip spoiler and side spats, i'll have the exterior pretty much done the way i want by then.

count me in.

my car is decently fast, not insanely fast tho.

Here we go again.Not at weekend. It will be Monday even farther than last year. Might take me 3 hours to get there after work.

I will try to make it best I can, but I don't think I can get there early.

How come always on weekday?:icon_cry:

come on shiro you need to make this one

:whore:

can i call dibs on a copy of the mag ;)

i'll be there but i wont make the top4 or top10 for that matta

i nominate

slugger (duh of course)

paul (if its working)

hey thanks vince for the nomination but we will see what happens

come on now we dont know whos gonna be in the top 4 there are some tricky cheys in socal.

lol you know darn well your car will be one

you do that i will put 18" daytons on mine

get those daytons ready

Why not? I have yet to see a BL or BP w/ vertical doors. Just do it! :lol:

cause it will look wrong. if only it was a coupe

The reason why it's a small event:

Club legacy is one magazine that this staff of editors and photogrpahers handle. The larger of which is RX-7 magazine and some other ones. I am a "rotor" head, meaning my primary love is rx-7's. There is a rather large show called sevenstock that same weekend, that I also help put on. It is a two day event, it's in Irvine and it's worldwide(everyones can go, it's free). Last year we had around 700 cars and 20 different countries participate. So you want to know why it's on a weekday. Unless someone wants to pay their staff,(they are japanese, they are not cheap), to stick around for another week and have them photograph maybe 20 cars.....they are more than willing to oblige, but since no one will.... They've given me the opportunity to have a little half day to get some of us folks into one nice magazine. So again, this shoot is for you guys, so if you're going to complain about being on a weekday, pony up the money or don't come! This is techinically the 3rd time this is going to happen where everyone has an open invitation. They come here about 2 times a year and it is as an honor for me to host them. They said if this event get's half as big as sevenstock they would stay an extra week.....That's 300 cars....we're not there. Sevenstock took 4 years before it got way out of hand and they had to bring in Mazda. If this thing get's out of hand then I'll bring in Subaru.

So come on guys, it's for fun, and it's kinda cool to see ourselves in a mag, cuz we as a group of legacy owners get no love here. So let's try and stay positive, I've met most of you and I think it's a really cool group, but it only takes one complainer to make a cool time, really crappy.

alright...now you know, send me some specs and some pics

no flaming please...just speaking the truth

Ritch

Thanks for the explanation, Ritch. Now I understand the reason behind the choice.:) I don't think myself and some other forum members were complaining. It was more like we were disappointed because we really want to be there but the event will take place on a weekday and I believe the overwhelming majority of us have 9 to 5 jobs. Plus it's not fun at all trying to crawl up the 405 and the 14 going to Yimi in the afternoon.:redface:

Your effort is definitely appreciated. I've had to host guests from Japan before and I know while it can be fun it's not the easiest and most stress-free task.

That's right, I think you might've mentioned before that you also own a RX-7...I totally forgot! Maybe I'll see you at SevenStock this year! (I've got an FD)

Archived