LegacyGT.com

Whats your least favorite NE state?

RobE

Whats your least favorite NE state?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your least favorite NE state?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gitster
Hahahahah Shenanigans ???? Dont be sad that people from outside of MA are actually voting now and the true $hitty state is reigning :lol:

Hahahahah Shenanigans ???? Dont be sad that people from outside of MA are actually voting now and the true $hitty state is reigning :lol:

Well you live in CT, G and YOU even voted for your own state.

I posed this questiion to my folks when I was up there last week....they both voted for NH.

Rehab is for quitters.

Guest Gitster

It was an accident. If I voted correctly it would be 13/14 MA/CT :lol:

New Hampshire is better than MA, I even like people from NH better than people from MA. Ive just met some serious $hit heads from Saugus/Lynn/Revere/Malden/Medford. I mean I guess theres $hitsheads in most states, I dunno why anyone would say NH though.

Maybe cause its a Red State ??? :hide:

NH is an economic colony of MA that pretends otherwise. It has the most beautiful mountain formations in New England, slathered with billboards. It has a school funding system that hasn't been able to define "adequate" since 1990. It's the only state in the country that doesn't have mandatory kindergarten. The drivers seem just about as bad in S. NH as MA and insurance rates reflect it (although NH is about 15% less, that's still high).

There are a lot of good things going on in NH. And unlike Maine and Vermont, who have the distinction of having the highest per capita tax burden in the country, they've controlled state spending relative to the limited revenue resources available. But we didn't get to pick our favorite, pick our favorite to love versus visit, etc.

State and local tax burden:

1. Vermont 14.1%

2. Maine 14.0%

4. Rhode Island 12.7%

8. Connecticut 12.2%

28. Massachusetts 10.6%

49. New Hampshire 8.0%

If you add in the Federal tax burden (which is what you actually pay), it's a lot different:

1. Connecticut 38.3%

5. Vermont 35.1%

6. Rhode Island 35.1%

7. Massachusetts 34.4%

10. Maine 33.9%

29. New Hampshire 30.8%

Partly explained by Per Capita Income, by state (rank among states):

1. CT $47,388

3. MA $43,501

7. NH $37,768

17. RI $35,324

25. VT $32,717

37. ME $30,808

Who Dares Wins

スバル

It was an accident. If I voted correctly it would be 13/14 MA/CT :lol:

New Hampshire is better than MA, I even like people from NH better than people from MA. Ive just met some serious $hit heads from Saugus/Lynn/Revere/Malden/Medford. I mean I guess theres $hitsheads in most states, I dunno why anyone would say NH though.

Maybe cause its a Red State ??? :hide:

Look at the cities you're tlaking about: Lynn? Revere Are you kidding me? Big hair, Merry Go Round clothes and IROC Zs are still common there.....The North and So. shore is civilized....

Rehab is for quitters.

I voted for the m@$$. :) I attended college for one year in VT, which reminds me of a bumpy version of my home state, Kansas. But there were more masses there than vermonters, and they were in their own world. Have you seen the map of a Bostonian's version of the US? Plus (and I'm a Dem), Dukakis AND Kerry? Then again, we (CT) gave the world the Bush family AND Liebermann (sorry), so there you go. Personally, I like Fairfield Co: it's like using a pixie stick to stir your Jolt Cola. No need to EVER relax here. At the end of the day, the baseball world DOES NOT revolve around the Yankees and Red Sox; ESPN and Fox just think it does. Give me Wellington Mara's revenue-sharing parity NFL anyday. My Chiefs have a chance; my Royals have none:icon_cry:.

SHeeit...gravy fries? You mean poutine. Originated in Quebec and still found all over northern Maine (where I'm from). Maine is the best state simply as a produce of its size and location...it's the most diverse culturally and geographically (and by cultural diversity, I'm mean it has very distinct languages/ancestry/lifestyles based on location)

SHeeit...gravy fries? You mean poutine. Originated in Quebec and still found all over northern Maine (where I'm from). Maine is the best state simply as a produce of its size and location...it's the most diverse culturally and geographically (and by cultural diversity, I'm mean it has very distinct languages/ancestry/lifestyles based on location)

Yet, you left?

1/2 the East Coast is Maine. Tough economy, though.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Vermont does have night skiing....ever heard of a little resort called Stowe? ;)

And yes, Nectors gravy fries FTW!

I was told it was illegal (or not allowed) in VT... I guess I have been told many other things that might not have been entirely true! Never been to stowe myself... but every other mt. I've been to I cannot recall night skiing...

nevertheless... VT is cool... as for Conn... well, I think the poll speaks the truth!

NH is an economic colony of MA that pretends otherwise. It has the most beautiful mountain formations in New England, slathered with billboards. It has a school funding system that hasn't been able to define "adequate" since 1990. It's the only state in the country that doesn't have mandatory kindergarten. The drivers seem just about as bad in S. NH as MA and insurance rates reflect it (although NH is about 15% less, that's still high).

There are a lot of good things going on in NH. And unlike Maine and Vermont, who have the distinction of having the highest per capita tax burden in the country, they've controlled state spending relative to the limited revenue resources available. But we didn't get to pick our favorite, pick our favorite to love versus visit, etc.

I don't know why you keep saying NH relies on Mass.... less than 10% of our population works in MA.

We have non mandatory Readiness. This is why our average senior graduation age is 18.

No need for mandatory kindagarden when you have optional Readiness;)

and as far as insurance rates go... I lived in Nashua and Portsmouth and I pay $1000 year for full coverage, million dollar life and liability, $250 deductable and rental reimbursement:p and..... $6000 in renters insurance.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Archived