LegacyGT.com

2008 WRX on the dyno at PDXTuning

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that can't be WHP and WTQ or the WRX would be rated at almost 250 HP and 300 Tq..... which it's not

Published Crank numbers are 224HP and 226Tq

Should come out to 175HP and 180Tq at the wheels.

PDX....turn on smoothing!!!

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

When it says engine hp and engine torque, is it actually referring to the engine or is it measured at the wheels? Either way is not very impressive.

Why do you say it's not impressive? You know this is a WRX, not a STi. I think it's very impressive.

From nasioc thread.

Those numbers are bone stock. Right now we are tuning it with just the UTEC on the car, soon we will have other modifications on the car.

what do stock sti's put down on that dyno?

04-06 235 to 240

Generically they are not known to read high. Ours reads about right, IMO. I have seen others that read very low, and some that do read high. Ultimately any dyno can be manipulated. On the cars I have checked we read lower than PRE's dyno, and Horsepower Freaks Dynojet. My experience has been that a stage 2 WRX should make about 220-230 whp, stock STis should make 235whp(not the 07), stage 4 WRXs should make 270 whp. Using those as standards our dyno reads about right. A stage 2 STi makes about 300 ft-lbs and 270-280whp for the 04-06 models. If you think that is laughably high you are entitled to your opinion. The dynopak we had last year did read higher than this dyno, and in my opinion read a little higher than it should. In the end what is really important is the gains you make on the same dyno. If you are able to perform all your testing on the same dyno you have eliminated one of the variables.

Jarrad

last time I checked the mustang dyno read laughably high

A stage 2 STi makes about 300 ft-lbs and 270-280whp for the 04-06 models. If you think that is laughably high you are entitled to your opinion.

Jarrad

Thats actually pretty low since alot of the Stage 2 LGTs around here get close to those numbers, if not higher on the TQ

No mention yet of how a car that should have close to 180ftlbs from the factory is measuring 242....

I could see it being underrated by 25-30 tops maybe....but not 62

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

last time I checked the mustang dyno read laughably high

well then that laughable mustang dyno read my 05 5EAT LGT at 238 whp and 231 wtq at 16 psi, ya, the same LGT that runs 12.9s in the 1/4. if it reads high, than i must have the fastest 200 whp LGT on the road! :lol:

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Archived