LegacyGT.com

need 5eat upgraded turbo info

poopy

tyring to find the best set-up for my own liking. i am tired of searching for dyno plots etc. so can i get some love from my 5eat brothers? looking for feedback on 18g, 20g, avo 380, 40bb etc. i am not interested in the vf40-18g. just not worth the effort imo. i want a 12sec. set-up w/o doing an sti conversion or running meth.

thanx, mike

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18g with supporting mods is around 280-290 whp see MBLOCK66 he may be selling his setup. With a decent launch that would be in the 12's

TRS is running the TDC 40BB and I think hit 278 whp on a dyno, but had very good spool. I'd imagine his car would hit 12's also.

20g would be upwards of 295 whp with slightly more lag, but would get you in the 12's most definately.

AVO450 See below post, he dynoed 277 whp

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62321&highlight=avo450&page=5

You should know that every dyno is different, and 5eats dyno especially weird.

312hp at the wheels with TD06-18 with meth. I would beef up your 5EAT is a must !!

Were you ever running a 20g, for some reason I thought when you blew your tranny it was with a 20g.

345 WHP, 320Wtq w/meth but also crippled with CA91. Blouch Dominator III (bolton Gt30). So far so good, 18k on turbo. VB upgrade about 700 miles ago. We'll see how long tranny goes for.

Mike

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

Nope, I went from stock LGT turbo to 18G then meth. Stock 5EAT seems to worked fine when hp is under 260, but don't take my words for it. Get a cooler for your 5EAT.

Were you ever running a 20g, for some reason I thought when you blew your tranny it was with a 20g.

well, if you want to run 12's consistently then you definitely need to beef up the tranny. i'm still waiting for the big boys to get to the track to see the diff b/w various turbo set ups on our 5EATs. of course, kinda hard to completely tell since we're all in diff climates and driver input also makes a difference.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Well, i'm a track novice... been out one time in miserable conditions and the car not running well... :D

I'll go back again soon, and i am getting the tune checked out soon.

Mike

i have a hayden cooler, and i am on the fence with the vb. it's a lot of $ for just a shift kit.

it's not just a shift kit. it reinforces the tranny. too much power and you'll experience gear and tranny slippage. i upgraded mine out of necessesity but WOW! what a difference! others have done the same, waited til it was necessary, however, now knowing the difference, i can't help but wonder how much better the car would have responded with my previous gutted stg 2 set up.

Well, i'm a track novice... been out one time in miserable conditions and the car not running well... :D

I'll go back again soon, and i am getting the tune checked out soon.

Mike

LOL> it's ok, cause my dyno'd 238 awhp (PDX) 5eat is finally running 12's. ;) of course, that was in hotter temps than the car was used to, not boosting over 16 psi (i usually boost at 21 psi and taper to 17), and major major heat soak (not to mention the damn fan that blew up on my intercooler!). numbers only get you so far... and still to this day, no one has been able to beat my times in my own car when it comes to the drag strip. autocross however, that's a different story. LOL

LOL> it's ok, cause my dyno'd 238 awhp (PDX) 5eat is finally running 12's. ;) of course, that was in hotter temps than the car was used to, not boosting over 16 psi (i usually boost at 21 psi and taper to 17), and major major heat soak (not to mention the damn fan that blew up on my intercooler!). numbers only get you so far... and still to this day, no one has been able to beat my times in my own car when it comes to the drag strip. autocross however, that's a different story. LOL

I was running way retarded timing advance up top, 100+ with 30+% humidty at 9PM. :D

I need a colder day and I've been logging my carthe past few days, seems like back to normal. Will wait till i get her down to the tuner first tho.

Mike

mike! LACR last day was this weekend I think. We are going to have to travel further to race. Still waiting on the tranny to come back. Its in pretty bad shape, but harman motive did save my crankshaft.:eek: Turbos with low rpm peak boost is definitely not good for the tranny. running the twinsroll vf37 is great, if you upgrade the 5eat. If you are going to try to trap 12's, you need the IPT VB upgrade. You will need a pretyt big turbo to get you to 12's, like a sz55 if you want bolt on. If you don't mind going rotated, get the gt30 rotated kit. Keep in mind you will have to power brake your car pretty hard to get a good launch to spool the turbo. Too much power braking will lead to broken axles and blown diffs over time. My opnion is that you need a quick spool to get 5eat's to get to your goal. Jersey Glock has a great setup. 18g with meth ftw.

I'm happy with my setup... bolton gt30 + meth :D. Our gas sucks, but oh well, we still get to live in Sunny Socal, no? I do wish i had gone rotated tho.

I dunno if i'm gonna make august 11, but i'll go for the event after that. I need to give HM time to get the mustang up, then head back for another dyno run to check out the tune. Gonna try to get a road tune to see if we can track down what's wrong this week I hope.

Even sans hard launch, i should have pretty decent trap speeds... That's what i'm going for till i get the hang of this.

And Quan, I made LACR last wednesday. I wish i could get a chance to redeem myself.

Mike

I'm happy with my setup... bolton gt30 + meth :D. Our gas sucks, but oh well, we still get to live in Sunny Socal, no? I do wish i had gone rotated tho.

I dunno if i'm gonna make august 11, but i'll go for the event after that. I need to give HM time to get the mustang up, then head back for another dyno run to check out the tune. Gonna try to get a road tune to see if we can track down what's wrong this week I hope.

Even sans hard launch, i should have pretty decent trap speeds... That's what i'm going for till i get the hang of this.

And Quan, I made LACR last wednesday. I wish i could get a chance to redeem myself.

Mike

the gt30 bolts to what?... the sti manifold or ours?

Here is my suggestion.........

SZ49 "fatboy" on pump gas

With a few extra bolt on's 350whp is def do-able;)

http://www.boostplanet.com/sz49DDdyno12-4.gif

Go ahead & do the VB upgrade

many of the turbo's you mention in your original thread are simply not large enough without meth to put you solidly into the 12's

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Thanks Hybrid22L. I'm saving up for the SZ55 upgrade. I'm staying with Perrin TMIC. :)

So, you killed your center diff ? !

No. i think either the tc came loose and shattered the flexplate or i don't know what the hell happened. Send me a pm with your email and I have some hi-res photos for you to take a look at. Tell me what you think. I almost lost my crankshaft.:eek: Thanks to Dan at harman, they were able to save it.

Archived