LegacyGT.com

need 5eat upgraded turbo info

poopy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hmmm... i dont want a front mout (nor is there a kit for the 07, do to the air pump) and i dont want an sti conversion. i've been researching the th meth more and may include that.

i haven't seen any 1 post who has this kit on an 07. i think less than a dozen of us are tuned. i havn't looked that hard either. i wanna keep my top mount and try and get 300/300 and run 12's. i will never actually track the car, maybe once to see what the car can do. i want that power for on the roll runs. i think the 40bb with meth will get me close.

300/300 will not get you consistant 12's with the 5EAT. With perfect conditions yes, but remember dyno #'s on our cars is just a joke anyways......

Anyone that put's you on a dyno with a TMIC setup & tell's you you are hitting those #'s with the 5EAT is just plain full of Sheeeeeiiiiite!!

You could go with a SZ49, Meth & a Perrin TMIC but you would def not be getting the most out of that turbo by retaining the TMIC setup.

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

i ran consistent 12.70's-12.80's with my bugeye wrx. stock tmic and a vf30 that was sent to deadbolt for a little work. the ej20 had forged pistons installed for higher boost. i ran 20psi-17.5psi on the wrx. how ever the wrx had 4:10 gears, still kind find what the lgt has. i am sure with either the avo 380 or the 40bb w/meth i will run 12's. then again who knows, maybe i wont. i would be very happy with a 12.80 car

^

with a MT correct....

Nope it doesn't .......

My brain is thinking it's monday:rolleyes:

Vacations screw with your brain;)

You would need to @ least do a STI swap & then you could run a aftermarket STI TMIC.

For a direct bolt on you are really limited & I really do not think there is anything that will put you solidly into the 12's:(:(

The STI swap is relatively cheap & it's a fairly easy install, I'd say go that way

i just don't like the look of the sti engine bay. it looks like a science project. besides i have to fool the chik into thinking the car was only tuned and exhaust were done. need that stock look:lol:

I'd suggest a Perrin TMIC then & a TD06 20g with meth you will be very close to your goals.

Get about every bolt on you can for the car on top of that & it should be a 12.8-12.9 sec car:):):)

the wrx was a 4eat. and i dont wanna hear any b.s my wrx was well known in the ny area. all runs were made at iether englishtown or L.I. raceway, which is no longer open. the car was just a freak.

I'm sure your tranny was modded correct.....

The 5EAT is just much more costly to do so:(:(

nope. just a cooler. i would have to stand on it like crazy but it i couls launch at 18psi. now if it was 90 degrees i couldn't launch like that. the turbo had a bb center p&p etc. i am telling you it was just a freak and the tuners couldn't figure it out. other 4eat's in the area followed my lead and never saw the same results. i did blow my rear-diff on a launch:lol:

i went with the STI swap because to get the same power with LGT bolt on's woulda cost me twice that. $1100 for all parts and hardware. but then i ran into a snag... gears slipping and didn't like the tune. VB upgrade and PDX maps fixed that, but not without spending another $1500 for it. i probably would have been just fine had i not spent the entire previous summer launching the car at 3000+ and tracking it. no tranny cooler then either. now i have a tranny cooler and VB upgrade, tuning is good and i'm happy. few more things to tweak and by end of summer, should be a 12.8 sec 5EAT. :)
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

• 3 months later...
No. i think either the tc came loose and shattered the flexplate or i don't know what the hell happened. Send me a pm with your email and I have some hi-res photos for you to take a look at. Tell me what you think. I almost lost my crankshaft.:eek: Thanks to Dan at harman, they were able to save it.

just checked and I have a fractured flexplate... i was getting a loud clatter coming from the TC area and pulled the plug on top of motor to take a look... the flexplate is rubbing on something and after further inspection notice a few stress factures. weird as the car has been running great. too much torque to the flexplate? any ideas?

plan on replacing flexplate next week.. do they make an aftermarket one?

^^^so your IPT tranny broke? I am having major problems with my VB so I sent it back up to them. The car was struggling to down shift and shift gears between 3rd and 4th. I am thinking worst case, is towing my car to IPT in jersey to get a built tranny but if you are having problems with it, I dont know if it is worth it.
Semper Fi.

Archived