LegacyGT.com

No Legacy Wagons

prof555

What's the logic? There is no longer a sportwagon available. The STi will be a hatch, the Outback handles like a boat in stock form and Foresters are for.. well.. people who want a cute-ute...

It was a dumb decision to drop the Legacy wagon. They should have continued to offer a 2.5i with cloth and a sunroof, and a GT Limited wagon with a 5MT/5EAT option.

It's baffling that you bought an Outback.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.japanvehicles.com/newcars/subaru/LegacyBP/LegacyTWBP_E.htm

We export these to the UK, New Zealand, Jamaica, Kenya, etc.

**English translation of all current Grades of LEGACY JDM**

The Legacy STi model that's announced on the Subaru Japan site isn't up there because this won't be released 'til February 2008

Best!

GW

Japanparts LLC

Japanvehicles LLC;

this is the very latest Japanese domestic model, was only released a month ago and this is one of the first ever delivered

Off to a customer in New Zealand, pictures were taken the day before yesterday

Graham Ware

Export Manager

Japanparts LLC

As someone who tows regularly with my 2005 LGT Limited 5MT wagon, there is one additional small difference in favor of the Outback version. Though the tow ratings are the same for the 4 cylinder wagons, the US Outback has two additional hitch bolt points for the Subaru factory hitch (which I use and I believe is the most rugged of the hitches available), giving a slightly more secure hitch attachment.

rayu

Looks like I found my legacy wagon replacement (barring the outback with aftermarket suspension to bring it down a bit).

I was already considering the 6 before I got the legacy and with the direction subaru seems to be going, I might have to reconsider for my next car.

http://www.km77.com/00/mazda/6/g01.asp

http://www.km77.com/00/mazda/6/g02.asp

I was already considering the 6 before I got the legacy and with the direction subaru seems to be going, I might have to reconsider for my next car.

Might have to reconsider it yet again:

"To better meet customer demands for the MAZDA6 Sports Sedan and 5-Door, the MAZDA6 Sport Wagon will be discontinued for the 2008 model year."

I like the Sport Combi (or whatever its called).

So it looks like Saab, Audi and BMW if you want a sportwagon in the US after this year. Maybe Volvo if you count the V50.

Everything else is some kind of crossover, tall tippy things for people in SUV withdrawals. Lame. :mad:

I just got a 2007 Saab Aero SportCombi turbo V6. Traded in my 2005 LGT. I wanted a a Leggy wagon but Subaru decided to stop making them. I e-mailed SOA and their response was " not enough interest in the platform to continue production and wanted to focus on their core vehichles". Bullshit! The Saab is not close to the performance vehicle my Leggy was, but it is a wagon and looks good. I ave upgraded the ECU to 285hp, tinted the windows and debadged. I am still getting used to the front wheel drive....yuk. So far, so good but miss my Leggy but need the room for the new baby....geez they have a lot of crap!:lol:

IMG_2192.thumb.jpg.90bd657a5754434e043c767c3e4ba01e.jpg

Nice looking wagon! Sounds like a good choice for you.

The killer for me is front wheel drive...now that I've tasted AWD in a performance car, it's hard to go back.

Have you seen the BMW M5 wagon?!! Holy cow.

http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/index/0,,1156___bs-TQ%3D%3D%40bb-TTVfVE8%3D%40sit-bmwuk,00.html

Not available in the US I think (of course...the classic "no US wagon market"). Then again, would have to sell the house to buy it ;-)

Nice looking wagon! Sounds like a good choice for you.

The killer for me is front wheel drive...now that I've tasted AWD in a performance car, it's hard to go back.

Have you seen the BMW M5 wagon?!! Holy cow.

http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/index/0,,1156___bs-TQ%3D%3D%40bb-TTVfVE8%3D%40sit-bmwuk,00.html

Not available in the US I think (of course...the classic "no US wagon market"). Then again, would have to sell the house to buy it ;-)

2007 BMW 535xi Sports Wagon is available in USA. Check this:

http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/5/535xiSportsWagon

For lazy ones: 6 cylinder inline twin-turbo 300hp, AWD, 6-speed manual, HID, NAVI, TPMS, leather, etc,etc.

Features list: http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/5/535xisportswagon/features.htm

SOA is just leaving this market for others to take. What a shame. :mad:

In couple of years, these BMW Wagons should be cheap enough on used car market. If SOA is not going to bring back Legacy Wagons with new Legacy in MY2010, I know what to look for.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Wow, that is excellent...6 sp, AWD, twin turbo...everything! Seriously tempting as a next car. A little nervous on maintainability but...

Also, I bet it has real rear seat room (subie awefully tight for large adults). It is a bit heavy though (4100 lbs), but I guess not for its size and AWD.

And it even has MP3 capability (just a smart remark...was amazed the 2005 subies didn't have it...thank God for Jazzy and his gadgets).

I'm in Canada at the moment and I may just buy a new wagon here in a couple of years and bring it to the States--they still have MT I believe.

It's people like us that are going to create a wagon market again. Mark my words, Subaru will bring back a Legacy wagon. It might take until 2015, but they'll eventually figure it out. They should also figure on letting people order a much wider range of exterior/interior color combinations so people can actually have what they want and not just what they're stuck with.

I just got a 2007 Saab Aero SportCombi turbo V6. Traded in my 2005 LGT. I wanted a a Leggy wagon but Subaru decided to stop making them. I e-mailed SOA and their response was " not enough interest in the platform to continue production and wanted to focus on their core vehichles". Bullshit! The Saab is not close to the performance vehicle my Leggy was, but it is a wagon and looks good. I ave upgraded the ECU to 285hp, tinted the windows and debadged. I am still getting used to the front wheel drive....yuk. So far, so good but miss my Leggy but need the room for the new baby....geez they have a lot of crap!:lol:

Sweet! Even if it is FWD! Q: did you consider waiting for the 9-3 X (awd) version?

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

Sweet! Even if it is FWD! Q: did you consider waiting for the 9-3 X (awd) version?

Thought about it but got a great deal on this one and I don't really need AWD in dry S. Cal. The premium on it was pretty steep.....put the car over 40 k.

• 2 weeks later...
My understanding is that only a tiny fraction of GT wagon people would look at XT. Most will look for other companies sport wagons. I am not sure about 2.5i wagons but not everybody will buy 2.5i Outback either.

Considering that for some time Legacy and VW were the only entry level imports offering the wagons it is sad.

I personally was looking forward replacing 2003 VW Passat wagon with Subaru wagon in couple of years. Now it is not an option.

Krzys

This week I wrote SOA to point out that when we replace our '00 LGT 5MT wagon it will NOT be with a jacked up Outback with smaller brakes. Our 05 GT 5MT LTD wagon is hot. Dumbing down the product line and expecting customers to adapt is sickening - especially in a segment that SOA owned.

JC, Chicagoland bassist & opentracker

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd wagon

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd sedan

I've seen it at NYC Autoshow and at WBM in Mass - cargo space in hatch is about half of that of Legacy/Outback wagons. May be some more. Hatch seems to be about 1 foot shorter that Legacy/Outback wagon. Adequate for most people for daily driving as one can throw bags and whatnot in hatch's cargo - there is plenty of room for that.

Come to think of it - 08's are built on Legacy platform and have same engine and suspension; offer upgraded nice interior (tribeca-ish - haha, I invented a new word too ! ), have nav and dvd and i-Pod integration; plus they cost less that LGTs. SOA would have to put some more stuff into Legacy wagons to differentiate them from 08 Imprezas. I'd do it - heck, just bring JDM stuff over and you there. But it seems that SOA decided to play safe. Time will tell. I have gotten my LGT Wagon so I have some time to sit and just watch what happens.

:rolleyes:

I've been a bass player for 30 years and have all sizes of speaker cabinets and rack cases to load. The LGT wagon handles everything well...and is a popular choice as reported on some major bass player forums. Chucking the LGT wagon is a big mistake. My wife and I also open-track an SVT Cobra, so the thought of driving a jacked-up SUV or Outback is revolting.

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd wagon

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd sedan

One other point I made in writing to SOA was the difficulty in finding our [purchased new] '05 LGT 5MT and '00 LGT 5MT wagons. Dealers just were not stocking them. We checked dealer inventory across the U.S. Seems to me you can't sell what you aren't producing and making available to the public. Dangle a few incentives and some buyers will jump to another brand rather than deal with a wait. Dealers/manufacturers screw customers in other ways...the lots are full of fully-optioned cars...the "Build Your Own" feature on their websites is a joke...it's become a take-it-or-leave-it world.

We voted with our dollars...two 5MT wagons in 5 years...and still got overlooked by SOA's product planners/beancounters.

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd wagon

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd sedan

• 2 months later...
Well I guess I lucked out. May have been the last Legacy wagon in Dark Grey Metallic off the factory assembly line. Picked mine up at the dealer in March 2007...the factory stamp on the door said it was manufactured in February.

Japanvehicles LLC;

this is the very latest Japanese domestic model, was only released a month ago and this is one of the first ever delivered

Off to a customer in New Zealand, pictures were taken the day before yesterday

Graham Ware

Export Manager

Japanparts LLC

Did you have that raised? I notice some custom looking shocks and it appears to have a height raised similar to the Outback.

The transmission shift area looks different also.

Legacy GT Wagon owners - here is our next car? Pity Subaru does not see the niche that VW does.

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070801/FREE/70731003/1532/FREE

Already had 2 Jetta wagons...

I would not recommend VW for mechanical dependability and durability. VW makes cool designs and spends a lot of attention to detail, especially on interiors.

Subaru seems to be much more reliable and I'm sure the engines last twice as long.

I got my 2005 Legacy GT Limited wagon end of September. I could not find a 2007 anywhere in the country. I told my dealer to find a used one and he found one in Washington state! So instead of buying a 2007 or 2008 I had to go used as new was not an option. Poor planning on Subaru's part. The killed the WRX Wagon and I will not do that jacked up pseudo-SUV Outback or a Forester. I prefer handling and I don't care for more ground clearance. When I replace the LGT I'm not sure if I would have to go to a smaller WRX STI hatch (tempting) or not do Subaru at all. I'm not happy with the selection of vehicles. I'm not leaning toward sedans also even though I do like the Legacy GT Sedan. So that leaves only two cars in my lineup, Legacy GT Sedan or Impreza WRX STI hatch (If it gets the DSG trans).

Archived