LegacyGT.com

No Legacy Wagons

prof555

It is available in the US... it's called an Outback. :lol: Besides, this isn't Europe, so why would a US customer pay that? :lol: The Outback XT Limited is $30,995 USD with no options. I'm sorry... I just don't see $10k USD more as "not too bad" when all you're getting is a lowered Outback. :iam:

By the way... the actual market value difference is even more. Canadian dealers do not negotiate like US dealers. There is no starting at invoice and working your way down... believe me, all said and done you're looking at about $12k-$13k USD more OTD. :eek:

Im not sure, i'm no wagon expert, but a lot of wagon owners here seem to take offense at the suggestion that a lowered outback is a substitute for the LGT wagon, but dont ask me for the reasons why, ask them.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im not sure, i'm no wagon expert, but a lot of wagon owners here seem to take offense at the suggestion that a lowered outback is a substitute for the LGT wagon, but dont ask me for the reasons why, ask them.

Hold the Tupperware please! :)

Umm, Outback XT is exactly the same engine-wise as the LGT.

Suspension is soft on both the LGT and Outback XT, so suspension work is a given, negating that difference. There are brake options out there to boot to get the Outback XT over a stock LGT in terms of performance.

The only difference that would be expensive/a pain to do would be the steering...the lgt has slightly less turns lock-to-lock than the Outback XT.

So then bottom line, take an outback = lower it, upgrade brakes, exhaust system, and one has a very good substitute for an LGT wagon?

Plus i noticed with the fender flares on the Outback wagon, does it allow for even wider tire clearance than the regular LGT wagon?

Japanvehicles LLC;

this is the very latest Japanese domestic model, was only released a month ago and this is one of the first ever delivered

Off to a customer in New Zealand, pictures were taken the day before yesterday

Graham Ware

Export Manager

Japanparts LLC

P1030285.JPG.ec971d835cbb0d1f69e565bf4e94b93a.JPG

P1030286.JPG.c8f961bc51a964fbe8a2319c62bfaa67.JPG

P1030287.JPG.e96f49993b9201688435a687b36be945.JPG

P1030288.JPG.b4a3e6a7b502865433b15ba2c5c51915.JPG

If something ever happens to my '05 LGT Limited 5MT wagon, I would probably replace it with a new OB XT 5MT, lowered with MR OB coilovers, and a JDM 20 mm RSB. The OBs aren't that bad looking, IMO, unless you opt for two-tone. Then you might as well put a rainbow sticker on it. :lol:

Easy now. Thats the only way I could get mine in 2005 in atlantic blue.

They didnt have it one solid color.

But since I dont have a rainbow sticker on my car ( unless of course it is being used for the REAL reason NOAH AND THE FLOOD :rolleyes:)......

Maybe you would be willing to pay to have the lower half of my car painted ;)

SOA axed Legacy Wagons to free some market room for upcoming Impreza... With 08 WRXs having LGT's engine, platform and suspension there were just way too many wagons in SOA offering list (yes, most people classify 08 Impreza hatchbacks as wagons anyway).

From SOA's point of view, having both LGT wagons and 08 WRX available would confuse potential customers - the cars are very much alike, except for the sticker. SOA knew years ago that the 08 Impreza will be hatch, that's why Legacy Wagons were slowly taken of the market. I don't buy SOA's explanation about Legacy Wagons sales being low - it was pointed out many times here and at nasioc how SOA was drying out Legacy Wagons options selection. As they said, you can't buy what's not for sale.

With of the above, I still wonder how Subaru of Canada managed to keep their Legacy Wagons with their sales being just a fraction of SOA's sales. Another amusement is that SOA does not even bother to offer a "special order" on cars they make here but refuse to sale on scale.

I only wish that either : - Legacy redesign will bring LGT Wagons back to US, or : - Canadian dollar will fall back to 50 US cents exchange rate so I can shop for my next LGT Wagon while on vacation in Toronto :cool:

Where is unclemat when you need him ? :))

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I do not think that your guess is good.

I would think redesigning Impreza to be hatchback and sedan would leave more space for a real wagon in Subaru lineup. All their wagons are crossovers now.

Disclaimer: I have not seen the hatchback nor its luggage capacity numbers.

I guess that new 5 door does not have as much room as old one. If you want more space you need to buy Outback.

Krzys

Unfortunately, I have to agree with SubOperator; there just isn't enough market space between the Outback and the new Impreza/WRX hatches for SOA to keep offering a Legacy wagon. And I admit this with a heavy heart, as I've pretty much decided a LGT wagon 5spd will be my next vehicle - and I know how hard they'll be to find.

It is my hope that when the Legacy is redesigned, they'll offer an LGT wagon in the U.S. again (with a manual transmission to boot!). Forget the standard Legacy wagon; most who are interested in this model won't have a problem sidestepping into an Impreza hatch or Outback. But for enthusiasts who want stealth, styling, reliability, tunability (did I just invent a new word?) and room for four plus dog, skis, gear, etc. - the LGT will always be the first choice.

On a slightly different note, that JDM wagon above totally made me sport wood.:)

Disclaimer: I have not seen the hatchback nor its luggage capacity numbers.

Krzys

I've seen it at NYC Autoshow and at WBM in Mass - cargo space in hatch is about half of that of Legacy/Outback wagons. May be some more. Hatch seems to be about 1 foot shorter that Legacy/Outback wagon. Adequate for most people for daily driving as one can throw bags and whatnot in hatch's cargo - there is plenty of room for that.

Come to think of it - 08's are built on Legacy platform and have same engine and suspension; offer upgraded nice interior (tribeca-ish - haha, I invented a new word too ! ), have nav and dvd and i-Pod integration; plus they cost less that LGTs. SOA would have to put some more stuff into Legacy wagons to differentiate them from 08 Imprezas. I'd do it - heck, just bring JDM stuff over and you there. But it seems that SOA decided to play safe. Time will tell. I have gotten my LGT Wagon so I have some time to sit and just watch what happens.

:rolleyes:

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Easy now. Thats the only way I could get mine in 2005 in atlantic blue.

They didnt have it one solid color.

But since I dont have a rainbow sticker on my car ( unless of course it is being used for the REAL reason NOAH AND THE FLOOD :rolleyes:)......

Maybe you would be willing to pay to have the lower half of my car painted ;)

:lol:

Check out the Saab 9-3. The awd wagon should be here this fall and it is supposed to be really nice. 6mt and 6at also I believe. With GM finance it should be a nice option. Basically all auto awd systems rely on braking to provide traction, after the computer decides what it is going to do with the center clutch. So it will be interesting to see how the 9-3 manual is set-up.

Back in '02 when I got my GT the Outback's handling was just not for me. I have no idea how they compare now, but most of what I have read is all related to handling.

Archived