LegacyGT.com

No Legacy Wagons

prof555

Yes, just read this. It looks like my next car will be used twin-turbo inline 6 cyl Bimmer with 6MT. I will buy it from some one at Boston BMW Chapter which I am a member of anyway.

On the other hand, I hope this rumor is just a rumor.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Word has it in Canada no more Legacy GT or Outback XT for 2009 (up here anyway) except for Spec B. 2.5 and 3.0 only. You read that right folks, no more turbo Legacies/OBs (other than Spec B) in the frozen north after 2008 MY.

http://www.westernsubaruclub.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=729

Wonder if the same thing's gonna happen in the US???

It's happening faster than I thought... Usually, where there is smoke, there is fire. Why would a Subaru Exec, even an Australian one, be talking about what amounts to a $30k mid-range WRX in the Legacy GT's market segment? I doubt he is speaking out of turn, or off the reservation. Those folks tend to be very careful about what they say in the presence of the press, as a matter of keeping their jobs.

Great. Wonderful. The waning of the Turbo Legacy in North America.

:mad:

You KNOW if Subaru of Canada is doing this, Subaru of America is salivating at it. SOC kept the Legacy GT wagon with a stick shift, when SOA canned both, stick shift being first, then the whole body style, for "lack of sales." If Canada is going this way, now I will be surprised if SOA isn't in the same boat.

IF they do leave the Spec B as the sole Legacy Turbo, then they had better offer more than one damn color, and with an automatic option.

The way I read the canadian Legacy option grid, the Spec B sedan only comes in White and Diamond Gray. The black boxes are exclusions, not inclusions.

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee181/08LEGACYGT/2009-Legacy.jpg

Otherwise the rest of the line only has one paint choice, or very few. I don't think they are lobotomized that badly.

They brought red back. But they won't paint their sole remaining turbocharged model any color besides white or gray.

Colossally stupid.

Yeah, when I mistakenly thought they opened up most of their color palette (what an overstatement) to SpecB - I thought, that's not that bad idea to keep LGT sedan as SpecB only. Especially if they made Navi and the stupid 18" inch wheels optional it could actually bring SpecB price pretty close to current LGT Limited price - and 6 spd and suspension then would be certainly worth the price difference.

Damn, if they brought LGT SpecB wagon, even if only SWP and DGM I would still be in heaven. Ready to put down deposit and pay MSRP. SOA, are you listening? I doubt.

Archived