LegacyGT.com

No Legacy Wagons

prof555

I like the Sport Combi (or whatever its called).

So it looks like Saab, Audi and BMW if you want a sportwagon in the US after this year. Maybe Volvo if you count the V50.

Everything else is some kind of crossover, tall tippy things for people in SUV withdrawals. Lame. :mad:

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The actual market value difference is even more. Canadian dealers do not negotiate like US dealers. There is no starting at invoice and working your way down... believe me, all said and done you're looking at about $12k-$13k USD more OTD. :eek:

Sure there is.. I had to negotiate to get the price of my '05 down to $36k CDN.

The wagon has worked very well for me and I'm really glad I bought mine when I did. However I have to say that the deal killer on the sedan for me was the lack of rear folding seats which I had on my previous 95 legacy sedan and they finally decided to bring back in 07. I can't fathom their thinking on that one.

The outback never interested me as I was looking for more of a sport sedan/wagon. Something to go to the grocery store and haul arse getting there. Aside from styling the impreza would not work for me as it just does not have the room I need for kids, gear and dog.

Japanvehicles LLC;

this is the very latest Japanese domestic model, was only released a month ago and this is one of the first ever delivered

Off to a customer in New Zealand, pictures were taken the day before yesterday

Graham Ware

Export Manager

Japanparts LLC

yes, wagons are alive and well here in NZ but with the NZ dollar being strong and the US dollar in the toilet that wagon will cost you USD 49,850 for the 6MT and more for the auto. not sure how far they'll go down on that, to scared to try :eek:

If it wasn't for the Outback we probably would not have Subaru here in the states. It is arguable, but it saved Subaru. They had a good car no van or truck so they jacked it up put two tone stripes on it and called it an option. Nothing wrong with that. Who ever thought it up was a genius. What SOA has done to the legacy now is just short sighted. The rest of the world has the Legacy as a flagship, here in the states it plays second fiddle.

I am going to take a look at the 9-3 awd sport-combi. My brother had a 9-3 and loved it. I will try an Outback but don't have much faith that it handles any better now. Plus the &^%$@$ parking brake level hits right at the edge/under my knee-cap. Very odd but a big problem for me.

Peace,

Greg

The only way that you could confuse the Legacy wagon and the Impreza hatch is if you were high on some sort of mind altering substance.

I just sat in an 08 Impreza, and while the interior is a visual upgrade from the previous generation, it is still filled with el cheapo plastic that doesn't compete with a Civic (maybe on par with a Mazda 3). All the flashy chrome on the trunk is nasty, I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with a limited version with leather, sunroof and a toned-down trunk.

The Impreza is nothing like the Legacy, not even close.

I don't confuse them; however, lots of people do not see any functional difference between the two. Since Impreza is a bigger market, SOA might have wanted to clean the playing field as much as possible - including removal of Legacy Wagons.

I voted with my money and I have 05 LGT Wagon. Don't convince me, convince SOA :))

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Sure there is.. I had to negotiate to get the price of my '05 down to $36k CDN.

:lol: Oh...okay... only a $10k USD difference for some people. My bad. :lol: Either way, doesn't reeeaaalllly change the point of it being a no go for US customers...

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

yes, wagons are alive and well here in NZ but with the NZ dollar being strong and the US dollar in the toilet that wagon will cost you USD 49,850 for the 6MT and more for the auto. not sure how far they'll go down on that, to scared to try :eek:

You've been at the "Wacky Backy" mate; that JDM Wagon cost under NZ$40,000 **delivered** to Lyttleton ( ! )

3,670,000JPY FOB Tokyo: NZ$38,000 + Kiwicar freight NZ$1,300 + GST ( which my customers business is claiming back )

US$30,600 at todays rate

Graham Ware

Export Manager

** Since 1996 **

My understanding is that only a tiny fraction of GT wagon people would look at XT. Most will look for other companies sport wagons. I am not sure about 2.5i wagons but not everybody will buy 2.5i Outback either.

Considering that for some time Legacy and VW were the only entry level imports offering the wagons it is sad.

I personally was looking forward replacing 2003 VW Passat wagon with Subaru wagon in couple of years. Now it is not an option.

Krzys

Maybe I should change it to predictably unpredicable?

Go ahead since I think we'll get Legacy Wagon after Legacy update in couple of years :)

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Guest Gitster
this just in:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/75/NYTimes-Page1-11-11-1918.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess Heights is off tonight. Mike is on n00b pwning duty :lol: :lol:

Archived