LegacyGT.com

Official Spec Clutches And Flywheel Group Buy

groff

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My son was told 11-12lbs, the OEM one wieghts about 26lbs. That's what mine wieghted.

I didn't see mine, it went right to the dealer.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'll go with the 14.5lbs.

Just reloaded AP stage 1 93 oct and went for a ride. Had to go buy milk. I still can't tell if it revs any quicker. But the power delivery seems smooth. The stage 2+ clutch is begining to have a little less of the on/off feel. I ran the car through the gears a bit, clutch is well worth the money. If you don't like the sound of the diff hitting, it can be a bit un-nerving.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

FWIW, the pedal feel is actually a little bit lighter than stock (I have the Stage 2+).

It does chatter a bit when starting from a dead stop in 1st unless I run the revs up to 2k and slip it out a bit.

I'm a little worried about what CRASH posted. A lighter clutch feel isn't good, and a chattering clutch is certainly not good.

no worries, i'll be putting my engine back in the car this evening, and will let you know my impressions as well. I'll be putting 1000miles on the car before next saturday, so I think I'll be giving the clutch and flywheel a good break in

I'm a little worried about what CRASH posted. A lighter clutch feel isn't good, and a chattering clutch is certainly not good.

Why would anyone want a heavier clutch pedal?

And you're going to get chatter from *any* stronger clutch as it wants to grab hard when your feathering the clutch out like when you're starting from a complete stop.

Yes my Stage 2+ chatters unless I think about what I'm doing and make more effort to engage it. Not every time but it has a light chatter every now and then.

But I only have about 200 miles on it.

And yes why would you want a heavy clutch pedal?

I think people often get heavy clutch pedal and clutch feel confused.

I don't want it any heavier, but I want to feel when it engages. I've had my car for a year and a half now and sometimes the engagement point is still a mystery to me...

I don't want it any heavier, but I want to feel when it engages. I've had my car for a year and a half now and sometimes the engagement point is still a mystery to me...

That's the most frustrating thing about the stock clutch, to me. I've had 2 other MT cars, and the clutch feel on this car is the most "variable" i've ever experienced. Is that a function of the DMF, and would it be fixed with a lightened fly?

Goin' to Carolina in my mind...and in my car on the 16th!

That's the most frustrating thing about the stock clutch, to me. I've had 2 other MT cars, and the clutch feel on this car is the most "variable" i've ever experienced. Is that a function of the DMF, and would it be fixed with a lightened fly?

I have been driving MT for over 30 years. I don't recall any of them being variable let you speek of. During the break in period of an aftermarket clutch it may change a bit, but in general they should be consistent.

Some of the OEM Subaru clutch's have been known to chatter when it's damp but all 3 Subbies I've owned that goes away when the car warms up.

Anyone have a good writeup comparison between full face, 4, and 6 puck clutches? I'm thinking I might be down for one, but not sure what I need. also, I'd like to replace the flywheel at the same time, but, again, not sure if that is the path I want to go either.

i think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who's driven the 3 different types in the LGT/OBXT/FXT

I've driven a full face southbend stage 2 or so clutch in an audi, real smooth engagement if you slip it, at the same time you could do a clutch drop from 4000rpm and it grabs no problem. no chatter here but he has the stock audi DMF.

I've also driven a 6puck clutch in a VW VR6 GTI, not very streetable after its break in period for that car. could easily drop the clutch, was great for burnout, but trying to back up out of driveway into the road was a great pain, heavy legged and boy did she make some noise, kid regrets getting that clutch fwiw

A 4puck is a little less grabby than that 6, but can't be slipped as easily as the full face from my understanding, again I haven't driven a 4 puck.

I know I sound like a broken record, but I should have my Stage 3+ (full face) and LWFW in the car tonight (the parts didn't come saturday, but will be here today for the timing belt). hopefully will be driving it by darktime and will be sure to give people my impressions. my opinion is to go with a full face always. from the impressions i've got from the 6puck in the VR6 and my other buddy who had a 6puck in his 02wrx/sti is that its not very street friendly always, more leg work for one thing

hope that helps

i hear ya, it wasnt long before my stocker couldnt handle the gt30/35 and apartment hunting in downtown burlington, took about 10 days once i got here (which was about a month after the turbo was put in) before she became real picky and bitch to deal with

i'd say with a 20G you'd be alright on a 2+

i'm replacing the engine :p

so yeah it was easy to do haha. at any rate you can do it yourself on a saturday if you wanted, just take your midpipe off, pull the axles and driveshaft, disconnect the engine and tranny and i'm trying to make this sound a lot easier than it probably is :lol:

How do you pull the front axles off?

so yeah it was easy to do haha. at any rate you can do it yourself on a saturday if you wanted, just take your midpipe off, pull the axles and driveshaft, disconnect the engine and tranny and i'm trying to make this sound a lot easier than it probably is :lol:

Archived