LegacyGT.com

I'm Evolving!!! Vodka Martinis with an Olive!

KartRacerBoy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lemon twist? ............LEMON TWIST?!?! BAH.........Rubish!!

+1000 on the olives (stuffed as you see fit, blue cheese is mmmmmmm)

Vodka=Gin>fufutinis...................but I'm an equal-opportunity borracho mang. ;)

(I drink so much............. I think I might be growing gills)

I have THREE sisters. They were apparently food for everybody. But that has nothing to do with my disdain for Gin which stems from my mere brilliance. Gin is for plebians. Or guys with dating disorders. ;)

If Gin is for plebians, then vodka is for Russian peasants.

Scotch or Bourbon are proper civilized drinks. Just a little ice (optional), no water, and most definitely no damn soda.

If Gin is for plebians, then vodka is for Russian peasants.

Scotch or Bourbon are proper civilized drinks. Just a little ice (optional), no water, and most definitely no damn soda.

Actually, a dash of water is the "proper" way to drink scotch. Ice chills it too much which detracts from the flavor. A dash of water will help release the flavors and acids in the scotch. Really, just a couple drops will do the trick. But adding the water will help reveal the complexity of a fine scotch.

That said, I generally prefer to have it completely neat.

Vodka? In my martini?

Cold outside, a couple of shots of 151. Awesome to feel the burn all the way down.

Was at a martini bar and I was ready for the whole gin versus vodka question, that was bad enough. Was not prepared for the follow-up however, "lemon twist or olives?"

Now I must head to the basement for some liquid schwartz.

Gin Martini's FTW - definitely the way to go. Much tastier. I personally prefer Gibsons (3 Pearl Onion garnish) for a little snazz. On the occasion I do drink a Martini, it's usually a Bombay Sapphire variety. :wub:

No demerits for switching from beer guzzling.

Bruise by shaking???? Oh hell no! I was a bartender for almost 10 years all around mostly NYC and a little Miami Beach. That's non-sense. The best way to drink a Martini is ice cold, shaken vigorously, NOT DRY, and strained into a well pre-chilled glass.

Define "bruise" :eek: for me will ya???? Too watered down is one thing... well chilled is something else.

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

I hate you guys for talking about ice cold gin while i'm at work...

I actually enjoy Beefeater Gin as my cheap alternative to hendriks.

I wanna go home and pour a nice cooooooold glass of gin....

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Chilling the gin too fast will alter the characteristics of the gin. It loses the subtlety. It also exposes more air to the gin which will also affect the flavor (just like exposing wine to air - let it sit too long and the flavor is ruined). So, by stirring your gin, still in a shaker with ice, you still chill the gin, but not so rapidly and without exposing more gin to air. Still strain it like usual, and the moderate difference in temperature will be rewarded with better flavor. This will reveal more subtle differences in various gins.

Bruise by shaking???? Oh hell no! I was a bartender for almost 10 years all around mostly NYC and a little Miami Beach. That's non-sense. The best way to drink a Martini is ice cold, shaken vigorously, NOT DRY, and strained into a well pre-chilled glass.

Define "bruise" :eek: for me will ya???? Too watered down is one thing... well chilled is something else.

One more reason NYC sucks...you are wrong sir :)

Scotch is my favorite, with one ice cube.

But, I've gotten to like higher end burbons, neat. BTW, real hi end are super but even Markers Mark of Woodsen Reserve.

Martini's? Both vodka and gin depending on my mood.

But, shaken not stirred, of course.

Gin was the primordal ooze. We have since evolved, Brady. Get with the program!

:lol:

I like that fact that Grey Goose has been built up by the neuvo riche clubber types to be the be all and end all of Vodkas.

It gets even better when these "Goose-lovers" can't tell which one is actually Goose in a blind taste test, and end up picking Smirnoff as their favorite.:rolleyes:

(to be frank, Goose is NOT what it's cracked up to be... if you're going to slum it and actually drink a Vodka Martini, stick with Belvedere.)

I hate you guys for talking about ice cold gin while i'm at work...

I actually enjoy Beefeater Gin as my cheap alternative to hendriks.

I wanna go home and pour a nice cooooooold glass of gin....

You want to hear something funny?

When out grocery shopping last night at 10pm, I ended up at the liquor store to buy a bottle of Gordon's!:lol:

This thread is a form of mind control I tell ya!

I'll be enjoying an ice cold gin martini (or three) tonight in my back yard after work. :drool:

Gireland, I generally drink Boru, an Irish vodka. It's relatively cheap ($22 or so for 1.75 liters) and smooth. Grey Goose is overrated, especially for the price.

As for scotch, how many times do I have to say it and in how many threads? Lagavulin. An amazing single malt scotch.

I tend to find Lagavulin to be far too peaty for my taste. And I typically enjoy smokier scotch than the general populace. Lagavulin just isn't for everyone. Hell, I have a bottle in my cabinet I'd be willing to part with.

Bowmore, Oban, Cragganmore, Laphroaig, Isle of Jura - those are all Scotches I enjoy.

for a nice table scotch, my father-in-law introduced me to Glenmorangie 10 year.

Great flavor and aroma and a price that won't kill a guy before he has a chance to drink it...

anyone tried it?

268.jpg.14cf98e9b8599cf5c6bea727aac50a64.jpg

Archived