LegacyGT.com

How fast is an 05 Legacy GT ltd?

my cousin has an 02 s2000 and I can say with upmost confidence that the legacy is faster than the s2k. Up to reasonable speeds. 140 is not reasonable.

but yes. a Z will run away from you after 110.

The legacy is great if you're not trying to double the freeway speed limit.

the s2000 does feel faster. butt dynos only work on the same cars. hell... 80 in the legacy feels like 50 in the miata. cant compare unless you have hard numbers.

car for sale. PM me!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Y... you might be ahead for about 15 seconds then they will walk on you.

perfect....we only need slightly less than that.... unless you're racing on the streets/freeways....

you dont do that right? :rolleyes:

That might be true if there was wheel spin but there is not.

The Spec.B has a taller final drive owing to larger wheels which should negatively affect acceleration.

Been down this road many times and your reasons are not sound.

What are you even talking about? You launch hard enough with RE92's you get wheel spin. Wheel spin = slower start.

What are you even talking about? You launch hard enough with RE92's you get wheel spin. Wheel spin = slower start.

Wheel spin from OEM LGT on OEM rubber is a very rare complaint(at least from a start on dry pavement :p). However because of the lower effective gearing, wheel spin on 17s would be more likely than 18s because available power gets put down sooner.

Let me move it up from a "very rare" :lol: to a rare complaint. RE92's loose too much grip...in the dry and especially wet (crap!)

No back to the topic, how fast is the GT....I think the question has been answered.

One thing I have learned is that pay no attention to 0-60 unless you like flogging cars.

Car and driver's 5-60 is more telling of how a car is in the real world.

For the Subaru Legacy GT 5MT 5-60 is 6.8 secs.

For my 2004 WRX its feels quite slower than its advertised 0-60 time of 5.9 seconds. Its 5-60 time is 7.5 secs

One thing I have learned is that pay no attention to 0-60 unless you like flogging cars.

Car and driver's 5-60 is more telling of how a car is in the real world.

For the Subaru Legacy GT 5MT 5-60 is 6.8 secs.

For my 2004 WRX its feels quite slower than its advertised 0-60 time of 5.9 seconds. Its 5-60 time is 7.5 secs

How does that make sense?

0-60 takes 5.6 sec, but 5-60 takes 6.8??????

Logic tells you that one's not possible. To get from 0-60, you have to pass through 5-60....

The whole thread is a waste of time.

When asked about how fast my race cars went, the stock answer was. "It depends on how you gear it":lol::lol::lol::lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

How does that make sense?

0-60 takes 5.6 sec, but 5-60 takes 6.8??????

Logic tells you that one's not possible. To get from 0-60, you have to pass through 5-60....

^ ah, no you are wrong.

0-60 = Leaving from a stop with RPM's at 3500-4500. Your launching with full power.

5-60 = At 5mph engine is at about 1200 RPM (guessing). You are not making any power at this level of the power band.

0-60 is with launch and popping the clutch (MT) or brake-launching (AT). 5-60 means rolling at idle and then simply pushing the accelerator. Thus, it's often slower unless the car has some kind of limiter to prevent a decent launch from a standstill.
Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

the proper term for the 5-60mph test is called a 'street start' in every magazine I've read.

Yes, very different than the red-line clutch dumping full abuse start that they put the car through to get that 0-60 and quarter mile number.

I read in C&D how difficult it was to get a good 0-60 time out of the new Mazdaspeed3 because the shifting and bogging was so tough... something was written about multiple attempts with flat-foot shifting being needed in order to get the best time.... that's not a real-world street situation that I'd enjoy putting my car through.

lol I can drive a manual very well and I would say a 350Z will pull on a stock Legacy 6MT 80-150mph. Thats just on a straight highway, what do you think a 6MT Legacy GT would do to a 6MT 350Z/S2000 on Laguna Secca?

Whatever, you'll get to 80mph before they will from a roll or standing start, then they have to play catch up. Besides, crazy 100+mph banzai runs down the highway prove nothing and are a good way to get people killed.

I'd much rather have a car that performs better in the 1/4 mile than on suicidal highway runs. Our cars aren't built to be top speed cars, they're built to leave people at the line wondering how a camry with a hood scoop just took off on them :eek:

AWD cars are very hard to launch. C&D had a hell of a time trying to get under 4 sec. when the Lamborghini Diablo VT first came out. They called up Lamborghini and were told that to get a fast time, they had to side step the clutch at red line. With a brand new clutch, it'll last about 4-5 launches. C&D ended up only getting 2 launches with the used clutch.

AWD cars are very hard to launch.

That's kind of a blanket statement. I agree, STOCK our cars are difficult to launch. But I had a 1G AWD DSM that was a breeze to launch.

In my experience, a RWD car without enough tire is the hardest thing to launch.

they're built to leave people at the line wondering how a camry with a hood scoop just took off on them :eek:

I have beat many a V8 mudtang and bichen camaro at the track this way and the owners spent the rest of the night staring at me and wondering "what just happened?"

Let's kick this pig!

the thing that bothers me most on this forum is how people refer to a legacy as a family car. ok, you wouldn't refer to a wrx as a family car, the only difference is the body, chassis,and the engine which in this case a lgt's is more powerful. seriously when you have a 250hp, 5mt, AWD subie that kills wrx's by a decent amount both drag and twisties, no the lgt is not a family sedan, its just somewhat bigger than a wrx.

Archived