LegacyGT.com

How fast is an 05 Legacy GT ltd?

^ ah, no you are wrong.

0-60 = Leaving from a stop with RPM's at 3500-4500. Your launching with full power.

5-60 = At 5mph engine is at about 1200 RPM (guessing). You are not making any power at this level of the power band.

Only if you're not MT. I can push the clutch in anytime I want, pull the revs. up and re-engage.

No? Am I missing something?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only if you're not MT. I can push the clutch in anytime I want, pull the revs. up and re-engage.

No? Am I missing something?

Forget it. I read some more. We're talking a specific rolling start at idle..

Sorry folks.

the thing that bothers me most on this forum is how people refer to a legacy as a family car. ok, you wouldn't refer to a wrx as a family car, the only difference is the body, chassis,and the engine which in this case a lgt's is more powerful. seriously when you have a 250hp, 5mt, AWD subie that kills wrx's by a decent amount both drag and twisties, no the lgt is not a family sedan, its just somewhat bigger than a wrx.

Um...ya actually it is. It's a sports sedan, but the main reason I chose it over the WRX is that I can fit my FAMILY in it which I could not do in the WRX. The back seat of the WRX is not as child seat friendly or adult leg room friendly. Oh, and the only difference as you stated is basically the whole car "body, chassis and engine" and interior, brakes, trim, suspension, sound deadening... it's a completely different car!

Let's kick this pig!

I don't think some people on here have had many "real world" encounters with a properly driven MT 350z.

I have a stock 05 Legacy GT Limited 5MT, and from my experience the 3.5 Litre Nissan (in the G35 coupe or 350z) has better starting acceleration from a roll (25mph and up) and cannot be reeled in past those speeds.

By starting acceleration, I mean they seem to jump out quicker because a stock Legacy has a short (maybe half-second) of boost lag from a roll, and this counts when it really isn't able to pull away at the higher speeds.

Now the S2000, not as fast as a 350z.

I have a few more months remaining on my warranty. After that, I'm looking forward to mod time. I hear the Legacy responds well to exhaust and computer programming upgrades...

Guest Gitster
you might be ahead for about 15 seconds then they will walk on you.

And what is the quarter mile time ? ;)

King of Cars = all you need to know :lol:

Guest Gitster
the thing that bothers me most on this forum is how people refer to a legacy as a family car. ok, you wouldn't refer to a wrx as a family car, the only difference is the body, chassis,and the engine which in this case a lgt's is more powerful. seriously when you have a 250hp, 5mt, AWD subie that kills wrx's by a decent amount both drag and twisties, no the lgt is not a family sedan, its just somewhat bigger than a wrx.

I love this guy :lol::lol:

Um...ya actually it is. It's a sports sedan, but the main reason I chose it over the WRX is that I can fit my FAMILY in it which I could not do in the WRX. The back seat of the WRX is not as child seat friendly or adult leg room friendly. Oh, and the only difference as you stated is basically the whole car "body, chassis and engine" and interior, brakes, trim, suspension, sound deadening... it's a completely different car!

I realy think they ought to two door the wrx/sti, except for the wagons... The back seat doesn't warrant its own set of doors... maybe even go sloped hatch.. like the good ole days...

I had a forester before my legacy, and I was really embarased when I had to haul more than one person around...

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

I don't understand how you can consider 5-60 a real world statistic. How many times have you gotten on your car coasting at 5 mph. Why were you coasting at 5 mph anyways. And its not fair our cars have turbo's. Have you ever heard of turbo lag. Of course a 350Z without a turbo is going to handle those low RPM's better then us. Larger engine no lag less weight come on people. A AWD car with a turbo is meant for launching and twisties. Its like compairing apples to oranges. Guess what a SRT-4 will pull on you from a roll too. Take a light with him and he has no chance in hell.

I don't understand how you can consider 5-60 a real world statistic. How many times have you gotten on your car coasting at 5 mph. Why were you coasting at 5 mph anyways. And its not fair our cars have turbo's. Have you ever heard of turbo lag. Of course a 350Z without a turbo is going to handle those low RPM's better then us. Larger engine no lag less weight come on people. A AWD car with a turbo is meant for launching and twisties. Its like compairing apples to oranges. Guess what a SRT-4 will pull on you from a roll too. Take a light with him and he has no chance in hell.

I am more interested in rolling acceleration not so much from 5 mph though. The 30-50, 50-70, and 70-90 I find much more useful because that is where I do my passing. I could give a rat's ass about abusive drag racing from a stop, I don't do that anymore on the street and if I was gonna drag race on a track I would build a proper drag car.

So the LGT Wagon is????????????:lol::lol::lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

So the LGT Wagon is????????????:lol::lol::lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

. In real world senario, a stock Legacy will get spanked by S2000's and 350Z's. That little edge off the line performance time might be satisfying to come people, but when you start to get pulled on in the top end, its very disapointing.

\

Crack is whack dude....

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

• 2 weeks later...
I don't understand how you can consider 5-60 a real world statistic. How many times have you gotten on your car coasting at 5 mph. Why were you coasting at 5 mph anyways.

Not everyone is boy-racer wannabe. Most people have the clutch FULLY engaged at very low speed, then use the throttle to accelerate. Case 1: Pulling out of a parking lot on the main road. Case 2: Pulling away from a stop sign / light. Case 3: Pulling around slow moving traffic. Case 4: do you need more? there are more... I like my clutches to last anyways....

And its not fair our cars have turbo's.

:lol::lol: Our stupid turbos!

A AWD car with a turbo is meant for launching and twisties.
Legacy GT was hardly designed for "launching" OR "twisties"

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/images/smilies/sly.gif

never said it couldn't. Launching hard will eat your clutch so fast. you can launch fwd hard all day long. It's a GT car, not a drag car.

twisties? not without some upgrades. body roll is crazy & shocks are too soft.

ANY car can go through tight turns and drop clutches at 4000 rpms...doesn't mean they all do it good.

many of times. mostly to see if the car next to me wants an ass beating.

a g35 received one once. not by much but i was ahead the whole time.

most of the times the car is quick enough to not need a launch.

also...it's kinda funny how you are neck and neck with a slow car going full throttle then boost kicks in and it's good bye.

Archived