LegacyGT.com

The Official: Wagon Mafia Thread

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like OBXTs can crash this party, so I'll join in. Here are some pics of my Stage 1 wagon with a few upgraded exterior bits--both "winter mode" and "summer mode"

All wagons welcome.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• 8 months later...
Figured it's about time to bump this thread up and build some anticipation of my new engine swap. My wagon will be having a heart transplant this week (pending mechanic availability...) and getting a 2006 STI engine and turbo. :D Pics to follow when it's done!

Hope my wagon is welcome here! I just got it a few weeks back and it needs some work but I love it! Slow 2.5i (compared to my wrx) but I give no fracks its my first wagon after wanting one for years :)

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t269/B_Luckenbaugh/cars/2005%20outback/IMG_6364_zpsfl5pk7r4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - I guess I'm now in the Wagon Mafia.

I bought this '05 LGT Wagon with 5MT back in late Feb 2016. My first Suby BTW. I grew bored driving SUV's and minivans. The car has a new shortblock w/ rebuilt heads. The car is originally from the Atlanta GA area but is now my DD in Wisconsin. Man is it fun and I have about 2000 questions....

The car came complete with the following mods:

Megan Racing UEL header

Perrin TMIC, air duct, and recirculating BOV

SPT cold air intake

Invidia catted downpipe

Magnaflow Mid pipe, to a Borla catback

Car was tuned on Ecutek software by Topspeed in Atlanta, Georgia

COBB adjustable shifter

Cusco front, rear sway bars, and end links

Cusco front and rear strut tower bars

Koni yellows, with Swift springs

Car has some Zerosports body pieces on it

I am new to this but I believe the Zerosports parts are the sideskirts and the 'spats' (is this correct?) in front of the rear wheels. The spats do have the zerosports logo on them.

Looks like a nice understated kit

Thanks all!

I was looking at my sideskirts after I posted that and was thinking maybe they are OEM. The poor Zerosport strakes or spats are all shredded on the bottom though. I don't think they were like that when I purchased the car - at least I sure did not notice it. We got a spring snowstorm and I had to drive in kinda deep, unplowed snow. I know I was plowing the road with the front lip! My theory is that these strakes were scraping the snow enough to tear them up.

How are these typically attached to the skirts? I was thinking of trying to patch them up since the damage is on the bottom.

The JDM spats I have have a couple push pin connectors and then double sided tape. I'd assume that the strakes are similar with double sided tape and maybe some pins at the back side of them near the wheels

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

• 3 weeks later...

Archived