LegacyGT.com

Custom Legacy Gt 05+ Body Kit Sedan

adamb1017

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Material and pricing? Painted? Either way, K2 is hot!

It wil be fiberglass.

Painting will be an option.

Not sure about the pricing yet. Most likely about half of the original price.

Production will be for a front and rear bumper + side skirts.

It wil be fiberglass.

see I knew I had a good idea:)

It wil be fiberglass.

I'm sorry man, but I still can't get over the fiberglass lip I had for my 06 Impreza that cracked week 2 from something on the highway. It wasn't that big either. If you could clear this up for me, maybe I won't be so terrified of fiberglass anymore. I know they repair boat hulls with fiberglass and that's waterproof and durable. Is there something I don't know?

2007 OBP Legacy 2.5GT 5MT -

vBGarage

2001 SSM 3.2CL Type-S

I'm sorry man, but I still can't get over the fiberglass lip I had for my 06 Impreza that cracked week 2 from something on the highway. It wasn't that big either. If you could clear this up for me, maybe I won't be so terrified of fiberglass anymore. I know they repair boat hulls with fiberglass and that's waterproof and durable. Is there something I don't know?

Fiberglass is some great stuff. If you use an epoxy resin over a poly resin you will have more strength. Also a big advantage of the fiberglass is that you can easily repair it.

Fiberglass is some great stuff. If you use an epoxy resin over a poly resin you will have more strength. Also a big advantage of the fiberglass is that you can easily repair it.

Nice! Is there some way I can buy "Fiberglass Insurance" from you?

2007 OBP Legacy 2.5GT 5MT -

vBGarage

2001 SSM 3.2CL Type-S

It wil be fiberglass.

dude i want it...depending on the interest this gets, I will put money down on a whole replica kit of k2, especially if you keep the rear JDM and get of that JLO booty

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

i think it'll still be a bit off with the OB grille, since i remember someone has the OB grille with JDM Spec B bumper swap

The kit would be for a K2 and not a Spec B. See post #72.

so wait a second.

Are we talking about a K2 that would stick out like the USDM or are we talking about making an exact replica of the K2?

I am for the exact replica of the K2 myself!! I would have to know more about pricing and maybe see one on a car (i have been burned before on a bumper that does not fit well).

Where are these being made?

Who is making them?

Would a large frontmount fit under that stuby JDM bumper beam/ bumper?

These are questions that I need to know before I can deside.

so wait a second.

Are we talking about a K2 that would stick out like the USDM or are we talking about making an exact replica of the K2?

I am for the exact replica of the K2 myself!! I would have to know more about pricing and maybe see one on a car (i have been burned before on a bumper that does not fit well).

Where are these being made?

Who is making them?

Would a large frontmount fit under that stuby JDM bumper beam/ bumper?

These are questions that I need to know before I can deside.

I think he is looking at making this kit fit the US models, which would make the overall expense much less.

Yeah. I like the albero front bumper only also.

It seemed that everyone lost interest in this cause people were a little unwilling to fork out a substantial amount of money with no real guarantee that it'll fit right/ look right (including me). We also didn't get much information about the company that was actually going to do the work also.

Personally, I think the shop that's thinking of doing the work should sack up and make a quality product without deposits. If they make a good product, I'm sure it would sell pretty well. I guess I understand where they're coming from but why do us consumers have to take on the risk when we don't know a thing about their quality and workmanship?

Anyway, If the deposit is a hundred dollars or less for the front bumper I guess thats fair. Give us more info. (Pricing, Timeline, Refunds if they don't hold up their part of the bargain, Info on Painted bumpers, etc...)

Archived