LegacyGT.com

Crashed my Spec B

My first real car wreck ended up destroting my spec B. #249/500 appears to be a gonner. I will take some pictures of it at the yard tomorrow.

A sad day. I loved that car and it gave its life to save me.

The accident happened quite quickly as I am sure all do. But it was unexpected. It was in a road that I seldom drive in and in the country, late beautiful night. The car handled well, but I lost control of it in a turn after the passanger tires went into the dirt. Any correction did not appear to work because of the road and adjecencies. Went of into the woods. It did not flip or budge. It elegantly went into the brush and vegetation coming to a halt. Somehow the roof was destroyed in the front (I presume a tree) and the entire side wipped, while not severe...extensive.

Happy that I am safe, sad my baby is sitting alone in a yard damaged and unsalvagable. Lots of good parts. Mechanically the car is intact as best I can tell.

I dont know what I will but next if any (my insurance probably will make ity prohibitive to buy another and quite honestly, there is no replacing 249/500.)

Boora.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In North Carolina the vegetation is quite thick covered by all kinds of other brush. Pitch dark. I need to go back by the scene, but part of me does not want to.

I am 35 and consider myself a safe driver with now only one real wreck under my belt. I never would have thought it would have been in my favorite car.

Glad you're okay, but it seems many people are getting into un-necessary accidents in the Legacy's. I bought this car because it wasn't an STI and didn't carry the high insurance premium. Looks like that's going to change. Probably a good idea to wring out your next car on an autocross track before you do any spirited driving on public roads, that way you know how the car handles in less than ideal situations. Out of the box the LGT is a poor handling all wheel drive accord with shitty re92 tires and lots of understeer. For those people who think all wheel drive is going to save them from emergency situations, it will, but you have to be on the gas for it to work!

PS, this is not an attack at you, but me venting my frustrations about all the accidents.

Sucks doesn't it? After going through several average cars, I finally found myself in a position where I could afford my (obtainable) dream car, an E36 M3. Wrecked it three months later. Wasn't even pushing the car at all (or so I thought), but I guess I still had a lot to learn about the intricacies of RWD. It's actually part of the reason I went with a Subaru after that, actually. Not that AWD is going to keep you from wrecking, but it's definitely more predictable.

i would have to disagree with that statement
Which statement? That AWD is more predictable? I've seen the word thrown around in almost every Subaru review I've read. While the M3 has amazing handling characteristics, I doubt you'll find very many people who would describe one as predictable.

Sorry to hear about your accident. What part of NC are you from? I saw a Spec B on the road for the first time a few days ago near Hwy 68 and Wendover in Greensboro/High Point. Was that you?

Glad you are okay. What is weird and hard to explain usually is when you get into an accident it's when you aren't driving agressive or spirited but fast enough to do serious damage. Also, this was a road you were not used to driving on at night.
I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Vehicles that switch between oversteer and understeer are not predictable.

It does not mean that they are not fun to drive but predicatble they are not.

Krzys

PS I am glad that you are OK, thick vegetation but no trees has its benefits.

If you are ok, that is the most important thing.

A car can be replaced, never the same,but replaceable.

Each insurance co. deals differently. I have GEICO and when I flipped my BE on ice. it was also totaled. Insurance wound up paying the total cost of the car.

There was a onetime $300 premium the next time, but that so far was it.

Don't buy the car back, all you'll have is hassles getting rid of the pieces and a useless shell in your garage. Besides being a constant bad reminder.

Total process took about a month before I had another vehicle.

Insurance covered about 2 weeks of rentals.

Thank God and be grateful.

O.

PS: it's gonna take a while before your confidence gets back.

Archived