LegacyGT.com

My Letter to Subaru...I'm Done!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus...that was quite the read.

I hope your issues get straightened out altogether.

Makes me wonder if mine will actually make it to Florida this November without issues...

41k...6k of them from me and no issues so far...knock on wood!

I would study the lemon laws of yur state and study them very carefully! Don't let your mileage expire. Also Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act and the Unfair Business Codes in your state. I just went throught it also and Subaru helped out. They ended up seeing it my way. I would also suggest speaking to anouther Subaru dealer. They may be willing to bend over backwards getting you into a new one.

Find regional offices for Subaru (Google Subaru of America+"your state") call them and speak to the person in charge of customer dealer relations. Also open a case with Corp. Subaru call there 1800 number.

Werd! :eek::rolleyes:

Has anyone here actually had a problem fixed on the first try?

This is the last Subaru I'll ever have. The Legacy GT is a great compromise of performance, luxury, and value, but I can't stand the lack of customer service.

Has anyone here actually had a problem fixed on the first try?

Ok, let's see...

Carpet hook - 2 visits

Fan/ECU TSB - 4 visits

Seat heater not working - 3 visits

Valve cover - 1 visit so far, but it's still leaking

Oh, I got wiper refills replaced for free on the first try, after I made them call 'their' number at SOA.

sorry to hear so may woes, I'd definatly start fishing higher on the soa food chain. my dealer has been pretty good as far as I can tell. Sounds like most of your problems are with them, and I'd make that clear to any folks you tlak to at soa.

My dealer replaced my clutch and flywheel on my 02 forester at 30K due to shutter. They gave me better than book trade on it at 56k even though the shutter was returning, and the carpet was prematurlly wearing, again after a replacement under warrenty.

on my 05 LGT They have handled both the relay switch recall and the ground wire tsb quickly and got it right as far as I can tell. I might crawl under my car in the near future to check my rear diff, after reading your post. No overheating problems for me yet, but I'll keep an eye out.

Sorry to hear your dealer is such a hassle/waste of time. If you know anyone else who has had problems with them, I'd try to get them to write SOA as well, or "help" them do so... hope you get some satisfaction in the near future...

BTW my dealer did replace my wipers at the last visit, but the driverside wiper is so crappy that it leaves more streaks than the aftermarket one that I put on when I was out of town!. I liked the factory one, and I saved it hoping I could get a blade refill at the dealer, but they said they only did wiper arm replacement, and took the nice factory arm with the wing on it and left me with one that was made in mexico that looks like a trico wiper labeled Subaru..

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

The QC paint is applied when the diff is assembled. They are usually line pulls... so it may have been sitting on a shelf for a long time. The factory (and the dealers) won't assemble the rear diff... it is supplied as a "module"

IMHO... you are really sweating the small stuff. Is your problem fixed?

If so... move on. I don't think you have a case here. Sorry....

No you really are sweating the small stuff...that diff looks new to me, as mccorry said, they are supplied complete. The QC paint is applied by the manufacturer of the diffs (who is Hitachi by the way) not be Subaru on the assembly line.

I would also believe that your suspected pinion seal leak was from the previous diff, as there is no fluid on the pinion in the pic.

Please do us all a favor, trade in your car, I thought you were "done".

No you really are sweating the small stuff...that diff looks new to me, as mccorry said, they are supplied complete. The QC paint is applied by the manufacturer of the diffs (who is Hitachi by the way) not be Subaru on the assembly line.

I would also believe that your suspected pinion seal leak was from the previous diff, as there is no fluid on the pinion in the pic.

Samir? Samir from SoA? Is that you!?

He's had far too many problems with his car and with the dealer. Give him a break.

Samir? Samir from SoA? Is that you!?

He's had far too many problems with his car and with the dealer. Give him a break.

I wish I worked for SOA :lol:

I feel for him and the way his dealership had treated him...but over compulsing on it is not healthy.

Fair enough...I'll assume the diff is new. What about the cross member? Are you suggesting Hitachi assembles that on the diff as well? Subaru shows them as different parts and my invoice for this repair only shows a part number for the diff. 38300AC090...$684.23.

I agree with you on the diff cross member, and it doesn't come with the diff. Knowing that you were eagar to get your car back and the previous trouble you have had, Subaru (SOA) probably instructed the dealer to remove the diff from one of the brand new cars on their lot, something they almost never do.

Regardless of how/where they got it, it is still a new diff and has hopefully repaired your problem.

Wow I think Byron's got a serious eye for detail. Are you a detective or something man? An engineer definitely. I guess if i were you i'd have done the same thing and being super duper anal about it all. So i don't blame you. Don't be frustrated as it is unhealthy :) and get in touch with SOA direct.

For people who write the quoted stuff above...you are fortunate enough to not have a problem and i think that's a pretty rude thing to say.

As for me - with the numerous small problems i've had with my car and the weak confidence i have in the engine and everything i am compiling an email that i am about to send to SOC here with links to threads on LGT so that they can pass along the feedback to SOC/Fuji/SOA. My dealer is pretty good with passing corporate contacts which is better than going through the support reps which only lengthens the process of remediation.

I agree with you on the diff cross member, and it doesn't come with the diff. Knowing that you were eagar to get your car back and the previous trouble you have had, Subaru (SOA) probably instructed the dealer to remove the diff from one of the brand new cars on their lot, something they almost never do.

When I had throttle body problems on my 05, and there was a two-week back-order on them, SOA had my dealer remove a throttle body from a new LGT on the lot, install in mine for the two weeks, and then when mine came in switch it for the loaner part.

--Lee

Every dealer is different and I don't generally trust ANYONE with my cars. Nobody cares more about your car then you do!

I also over alnalyze everything which isn't healthy.

In regards to my Relay/Fan problem I did all the research, printed out the specific TSB and brought all to dealer to make my appointment.

They also DID not call when my parts arrived, I had to call then schedule the appointment but I stayed positive and they got it fixed in under 45 minutes.

They have been pleasant to deal with and the car hasn't had any major problems so I'm pretty happy.

Plus it's one of the fastest four door cars on the road under 40k.

That always helps.

I just sent my letter to Subaru of Canada earlier this week. I am wondering if i should post it here or start a new thread. My issues aren't any major mechanical problems (yet) but a LOT of annoying small issues that make me stress out about the defects and the long term reliability of this car.

I sent them some links to the most common issues people are having here.

They responded back saying they will circulate it amongst themselves to have feedback sent to the appropriate departments. I have no idea to what extent that will be effective. I completed my feedback on consumerreports a few weeks ago. Now i am going to complete feedback on JDPower. Sad but i have to be honest: I am too disappointed. I noticed the sandblasted windshied today in the bright Sun. Not good for my morale.

I work at dealership, worse yet I work in a parts dept. at a dealership. I have to wonder as frustrated as you are, if this whole situation would have been more tolerable if someone had only picked up the phone each and every time and kept you up to date?

After reading all the posts on this it seems to me that the overriding issue is dealer service/performance issues.

No doubt there were faulty items with the car, but if the dealership would have been better with communicating with you and were able to resolve the issues the first time, your total experience would be much better.

Too bad you don't live near a better dealership.

Mine always gives loaner cars, and is knowledgable about the product line and has always gone out of the way to make me happy.

Hope you have better success in the future.

(without reading what everyone else has posted)

holy crap.. I would never buy a car from this manuf. again if that happened to me.. I had 1/4 of that many problems with my ford and I'm VERY hesitant to get another ford.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

• 2 months later...
Basically, they told me "we don't know what you are so upset about."

Holy crap, i just read your whole thread. Sounds like you're car has been hell, I understand where you are coming from you want to keep it forever, but some cars you just can't do that, financially and in your case emotionally too. There is nothing worse that having to fret over your ride day in, day out, that is the whole point of getting a new car. If I were in you shoes making triple payments, I would have that car paid quick and traded in even quicker. Best of luck with your ride, sorry about your lemon.

Archived