LegacyGT.com

Looking to buy a legacy but....

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok. an opinion from someone that has owned 7 subies and all but 1 were failry worry free.

83 GL FWD sedan - got it at 150K and it went to 190K

85 RX 4x4 sedan - got it at 98K and it went to 190K

90 Legacy L FWD sedan - got it at 110K went to 210K

98 Forester L AWD - Wife got it new and we traded it in for a 04 at 100K

04 Baja T AWD - Got it new and it had some issues and was lemoned at 55K

04 Forester Xt AWD - got it at 35K and it currently has 40K

06 Legacy Gt AWD - got it new and it currently has 22K

Lets start from oldes to newest. 0 issues from the 83 GL, great car for first car and being 16. 0 issues from the RX and it was a blast to drive with the 4wd and 1.8L Watercooled turbo. I had a couple minor issues with the 90, but that was due to pore maintiance from the previous owners, once all the neglected out components were replaced, 100% reliable. The 98 forester was a great car expicaly for being a first year model. 0 issues except for a electrical issue at about 5k and the dealiership took care of it w/out issues, we traided it in because we decided to upgrade to the turbo. 04 Baja T, first year model with the trubo and it was not well though though, '00 - 04 transmission with the trubo and 2600ft climb/decend each way for a commute, it didn't like and soa took care of it and made me happy. 04 Forester Xt, previously a service loaner and extreamly well maintained and cared for, my dealer goes above and beyond keeping these nice, 0 issues so far. 06 LGT, ordered it special because there wasn't one to my liking in CA, 0 macanicall issues, no rattles, a small squeek from the drivers seat on hard cornering, that's it.

With your choices, and not going with my biastness (sp) I would go with the Legacy because, mainly, with the AWD. You can't get a comperablay equipt AWD what ever at the same price. AWD helps in ALL conditions and will notice it more when the weather turns.

Only down side is the turbo cars, require the premium gas, but the slogan is right, you pay to play. The FXT and the LGT are a real blast to drive and love driving them both.

Sory for such a long post, but it's most of my .02 worth.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

negative...the Subaru engines are Porsche boxer engines made in Germany...the Subaru drivetrain is assembled in japan with the engine being affixed to the drivetrain and then crated and shipped to America for final assembly

:lol::lol: man you make yourself look better day by day, post by post.

Please DISREGARD the following statement by NYCBRED:

negative...the Subaru engines are Porsche boxer engines made in Germany...the Subaru drivetrain is assembled in japan with the engine being affixed to the drivetrain and then crated and shipped to America for final assembly

This is COMPLETELY wrong. The subaru engines in our LGT's are assembled in Lafayette, IN at the SIA plant. The subcomponents are shipped in to that facility, but the actual engine assembly does occur there.

I know.... I've seen it. ;)

....secondly, the legacy's engine is german, drivetrain japanese, which is then crated and sent to the US for final assembly.....

Again... completely wrong. Where are you getting this false information? :spin:

The transmissions are shipped in from Japan as are the rear differentials. The engines are assembled in Indiana.

wait i thought legacy engies are the same exact engine as the impreza

Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner. Exact same engine as the WRX, just a fiew different components and tune.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner. Exact same engine as the WRX, just a fiew different components and tune.

Exact same engine as the CURRENT WRX and the previous year STi's.

Is it too late to :munch:? This thread is hilarious. The salesman told me my engine was made by Ferdinand himself (through some mystical time warp)! I can't wait to tell all my dubber friends they have to respect my rice burner!

life's too short to drive an accord/camry/appliance.

BTW, this succinct statement accurately represents the thoughts of the 1% of car owners that actually want to do more than just get from point A to point B. I have to have fun behind the wheel because that's the only free time I have! Damn, where's the gold star button?

Where's NYCBRED to back up his claims?

The only thing I like about the '08 WRX is the fact that it shares a platform with the LGT so we will likely see many more aftermarket parts.... provided SOA sells any. "but I thought I was test driving a Mazda3!" :lol:

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

Again... completely wrong. Where are you getting this false information? :spin:

The transmissions are shipped in from Japan as are the rear differentials. The engines are assembled in Indiana.

Go talk to Metric Subaru, the best dealer in NY for Subaru tuning...or maybe they are just typical arrogant dumbass NYers :rolleyes:

I guarantee metric did not tell you that. Where's Dave? He's on these boards
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

who said Dave told me that you cockfuck etard...did you get your name from the fact that you like multiple cocks in your mouth at once or was it handed down from generation to generation?

people who talk like that show a lack of intelligence. They usually aren't smart enough to come up with an intelligent insult so they resort to vulgarity :rolleyes:

Dave = MSPT

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Archived