LegacyGT.com

'08 WRX STI (photos)

godwhomismike

I thikn road and track show a real picture of the 08 sti now. It is the hatch wiht gold wheels but the wing resembles the current wing. I was just flipping through as I should have my subscription mag in a day or two. I do think it was a real photo though and not what the expect to see ....evo does look good though but i dis like the interior

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/image/2007/Q2/4192007192038.jpg

http://img.drive.com.au/drive_images/Editorial/2006/06/13/13ford1M_m.jpg

Hmm, strangely similar.

The evo reminds me of a volvo s 40.

except that the ford is much better looking, and not offered here.

Ironic, considering that the Euro Ford Focus is actually related platform-wise to the Volvo S40.

Idiots, the whole lot of them. (auto industry planners) At the very least, they are no longer in the car business. They seem to be in the business business.

Henry Ford warned about companies/people that are only in the business of making money. They are poor companies/people, indeed.

except that the ford is much better looking, and not offered here.

Ironic, considering that the Euro Ford Focus is actually related platform-wise to the Volvo S40.

Idiots, the whole lot of them. (auto industry planners) At the very least, they are no longer in the car business. They seem to be in the business business.

Henry Ford warned about companies/people that are only in the business of making money. They are poor companies/people, indeed.

indeed, i agree with 'ol henry. though any business owner knows in order to make money you have to create a DESIRABLE product...which according to myself and the vast majority of the subi owner/buyer demographic the new sti/wrx/impreza are NOT. henceforth...these designers are in neither the car business nor the business business...but merely the counterproductive dumb-ass business. needless to say, i am dissapointed.

i don't care what you guys say, i will enjoy the new hatch once it arrives. we test drove a mazdaspeed 3 hatch in WA and wow it was fun! so if i can get something similar with 300/300 awd, it will be just about perfect. but... the wing... that is fugly
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

The only thing that is good about the 08 STI to me is the fact that I believe there is a very good chance it will have the same turbo setup that we have. The composite manifold and intercooler design are more efficient and the WRX will have the setup, so, I see the STI getting the same treatment with a slightly deeper and taller intercooler with a slightly bigger turbo. My guess is 320-340 hp stock which hopefully means a 340-350 whp potential stock turbo. I guess we will see, but it's exciting to me.

The only thing that is good about the 08 STI to me is the fact that I believe there is a very good chance it will have the same turbo setup that we have. The composite manifold and intercooler design are more efficient and the WRX will have the setup, so, I see the STI getting the same treatment with a slightly deeper and taller intercooler with a slightly bigger turbo. My guess is 320-340 hp stock which hopefully means a 340-350 whp potential stock turbo. I guess we will see, but it's exciting to me.

Hopefully the new sti turbo will bolt on just like the vf39 :) (potential 320 whp would be nice too) .

There will be plenty of people on nasioc trying to sell there stock turbos so they can go get their FP greens etc :)

You don't have to wait anymore. They're at the dealer. Hanger was just at the dealer like a week ago. He says he saw it there, and that it's beautiful.

Link to pics or ban! :spin:;):lol:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Okay, just PM'd Hanger, and here's his reply....

hmm actually i just talked to my supervisor who originally saw it, but then he told me it's suppose to be a Infiniti rebadge GT-R, same chasis and everything but i'm not sure if it has the same performance with the Nissan GT-R

But it does have the CF interior and exterior pieces tho.

And no, i don't have any pictures but the car is located at Cerritos Auto Square in the Infiniti show room

:munch:

No no silly man, I meant are you sure Hanger didn't just see the Nismo one. I know there's going to be a Skyline/Infinity but the Nismo is the only one I thought was out ALREADY. ;):p
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Archived