LegacyGT.com

Outback not a "MAN Car"????

I currently drive an FJ cruiser that I am selling to get my OB XT on order. I am hearing from my GF that the FJ cruiser is way cool and the outback is an old lady car. 1st off glad I am not married. 2nd, she is kinda right, where mostly older people buy outbacks up here in Alaska. I agree that the LGT sedan is more sexy than the OB, but the OB is a lot more practiacal for me up here. So I went with the outback, and told her that it has a turbo. She didnt care and still thinks its an old lady wagon.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Outback XT is the most sleeper car you can have - because normal Outbacks are bought mostly by old ladies who can't drive worth a hoot (if there's a drive where I don't get irritated at someone driving an Outback because they are hitting their brakes in a merging lane or not staying in their lane while going 10 under the speed limit then I want to know how I can have a drive like that).

This negative connotation works for you. In a way, the Outback XT Wagon is the Buick Grand National of today.

I dont think the OB is a girls car. I do see a LOOOT of women driving the Outback. More so than men yes. Get a "manly" color, tint it and do what you want but so long as it is different from the seafoam green outback everyone and their aunt has, shouldnt be a girly car.

Besides, my bro has one, you HAD one, a friend rally's the piss outta his for a winter beater.

If all that doesnt work, tell your GF you need and use the cargo space, and with the LGT wagon removed from the lineup, you HAVE to get the XT.

i should probably hit the gym more to prove my "manness" to her, well and maybe take up some extreme sport, maybe more facial hair. I went with the diamond grey, and will tint the windows right when i get it. Only thing that screams old lady to me on the car is the wheels. And true if she drives it she might love it, but then there is the whole lesbaru thing. Kinda a loose, loose.... My last OB XT was kinda fun when i passed a vr6 jetta, the kid driving was giving it 100%, got a really funny look as I went by him like he was standing still.

Paul (boostjunkie) asked if my OBXT was the wife's!

Doesn't bother me though. I liked the looks of the XT better than the GT wagon.

(1) Bigger Fogs

(2) Wider Body Kit

(3) Wingless grill (no need for a grill replacement

(4) Raised Roof Racks

(5) Better looking wheels

(6) Higher Lift (just got coilovers so that doesn't really matter - but the ride height can be higher than the lgt)

The only thing i like better on the LGT WAGON is the rear with the cutouts for the exhaust.

Nowadays, I no longer have a need for the wagon as we recently got a Sienna, so I were to get another car, it would have to be the new TUNDRA Crew Max.

ohh thanks for the stats.... i am 24 and male. that really helps out... yea not very good girl selection up her. Hard come by a decent looking non psycho type. and i think the male to female ratio in this state is way off.

ohh thanks for the stats.... i am 24 and male. that really helps out... yea not very good girl selection up her. Hard come by a decent looking non psycho type. and i think the male to female ratio in this state is way off.

I have noticed a similar phenomenon in Gillette, WY. Lots of jobs, lots of young guys going out there for the pay. Few females. The ones that are there seem to favor complete dirt bags. :iam:

Archived