LegacyGT.com

Outback not a "MAN Car"????

I hope they play soccer up there. SOCCERMOM

Uhhh, actually I saw a car the other day up here said "Hockey mom" thought it was cool. At least you know she likes it rough. .... I mean.. *cough* good color choice on the OBXT

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thnk the Outback is a great care for any outdoor enthusiast, man or women. I've seen a lot of old men and women driving various sports cars (Porche!). I dont think it is wimpy or feminine, and the XT is anything but tame. Besides, just remember this, only real men can wear pink and get away with it!

I think the OBXT still looks sorta mean. I have to say though, I :wub: the FJ. Just looked at one a couple days ago and they're awesome. I saw the '08 Outback today on the highway (isn't it kind of early) and they look a lot nicer than the previous version.

sorry bro, ur girl is right. OBXT is old people car. So is LGT wagon.

Oscar

This from a kid with a slushbox! :lol: It doesn't make any sense to buy the horses and then hide them behind an automatic- I refuse to drive by committee.

My wagon weighs only 55 pounds more than a sedan, and I'd imagine there's even less of a difference when you weigh a sedan with an automaic. Other than that, what? A different roofline, certainly, but nothing old, as such. Unless by old you mean wanting a trunk that actually holds stuff. I was able to load a full size upright freezer- and close the liftgate. It also keeps the dogs from shedding on the seats.

My biggest problem with it is that it doesn't look old. The first thing I did when I got it home was lose the "2.5 GT" off the tail. I want a car that looks like my grandmother knitted it- no hood scoop (FMIC), raised roof rails, a rear air deflector and 16" wheels. I can already pass for a Outback, but it could look a lot more dowdy. That'd be aewsome.

Yes, you have to turn in your testicles when you pick one up at the dealer. :rolleyes:

Here's the plan: buy the OBXT, let your gf drive it, she likes it, becomes a lesbian, but in the transition phase you get to have some threesomes!

Can we finally, PLEASE, dump these stupid stereotypes?!

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Yeah so about the young thing...I'm 22, and a dude, and I bought a black xt (thats gonna get its windows ceramic tinted black). And yes its a manual, and yes I still impress the hell out of people when it rockets down the road, yet I constantly get the lesbian and mom-mobile comments.

Oh and on the FJ, that thing is sweet. Went offroading in one when I had to park the outback due to too much rockiness, and it was more than impressive even with the crap tires it came with.

Paul (boostjunkie) asked if my OBXT was the wife's!

I only asked than because of the pair of lady's shoes I pulled out of the back and the hair claw clip on the e-brake handle :lol:. Heck, I daily drive a 2.5i OB... Champagne Gold no less!

I have taken my Outback for several Home Depot runs and get strange looks from guys that see me securing lumber to the roof rack or stuffing large items in the back. They look at me like "Why don't you get a truck?"

My answers would be, 0-60 in less than six seconds, 50% better milage than their trucks, and automatics are for sissy's. Hows that for their manly trucks?

But the main reason is I drive what I like, not what someone else thinks I should like.

my 05 frontier get better gas mileage than the our OBXT, then again it is only the 4cyl and can not get out of it's own way. Though I love turbo subarus the only one i could see my self driving daily would be an 06 wrx sti limited. I have always driven a small pick up and the wife gets the sporty car, which i tend to modify for my own pleasure even though I only drive the car like 1000mi a year. Hmm seams like a waste when i put it that way. My wife probley does not care about downpipes upipes & stage 2. Though just like me she was addicted to the exhaust note of the old wrx.

Dan

Well, just joined a rugby team again, so that will help with the man thing. Just have to show up at the games though in a station wagon :lol:

"Man walks down the street in that hat, you know he's not afraid of anybody."

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

I've got an OBXT, and the thing is a freaking animal.

Sit your girlfriend down in the passenger seat, and just stomp on it... when you hit ~ 120 a few seconds later, you can let your foot off a little, and she'll realize that it's not a grandma' car ;)

I think some of the colors are sort of old personish.. but if you go black on black, and tint it a bit, it's super-stealth :p

that.. .or put some massive lights on the roof rack :spin:

Archived