LegacyGT.com

Quotes???

BDII

"I do not admire the extreme of one virtue unless you show me at the same time the extreme of the opposite virtue. One shows one’s greatness not by being at an extremity but by being simultaneously at two extremities and filling all the space between."

--Blaise Pascal

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I stayed with my 86 yr old mother for a few months earlier this year after she had taken a big fall. She wanted frozen food all the time. Nothing fresh. It was utter hell.

And my parents don't have a microwave or want one.

453747.png

FORTRAN is the language of Powerful Computers.

-- Steven Feiner

FORTRAN is still actively used and developed today. That's right, the language is even updated. Crazy. Source: me, a programmer.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

FORTRAN is the language of Powerful Computers.

-- Steven Feiner

"The wonderful thing about standards is that there are so many of them to choose from." ~ Rdml. Grace Hopper (co-"inventor" of COBOL)

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

There's a large data center at NAS North Island in San Diego name after RDML Hopper. She was quite the Grand Dame in Navy IT.

"I've received many honors and I'm grateful for them; but I've already received the highest award I'll ever receive, and that has been the privilege and honor of serving very proudly in the United States Navy."

-- RDML Grace Murray Hopper

and my favorite GML Quote:

"It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission."

-- RDM Grace Murray Hopper

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

RDML Hopper ... was quite the Grand Dame in Navy IT.

My partner and I once had the honor of being seated next to her at the head table at a professional conference where she was the featured speaker ... circa 1980. It was a memorable experience, to say the least. For years I kept a backwards-running clock on the wall of my office in her honor, complete with the caption she herself had provided: "... But we've always done it this way!"

Grace_Hopper.jpg.8a8c28f7ccec6fd53e3a2923d8c9c1e1.jpg

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

George Burns: "Say good night, Gracie."

Gracie Allen: "Good night Gracie!"

Edited by ammcinnis

spacer.png

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You playing small does not serve the world.”

–MARIANNE WILLIAMSON

Edited by The Yeti71
Corrected the quote origin