LegacyGT.com

Quotes???

BDII

High-school dropout Billy Joel, a poor Jew from the Bronx (and grew up in Levittown, Long Island):

"Mom, I won't go to Columbia University, but I will go to Columbia Records, make a million dollars, and buy you a new house."

Yep. It happened.

He said that when he was 17 years old.

453747.png

Your position never gives you the right to command. It only imposes on you the duty of so living your life that others can receive your orders without being humiliated.

Dag Hammarskjöld

Edited by ehsnils
453747.png

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human ******* beings. You are nothing but unorganized grabastic pieces of amphibian shit. Because I am hard you will not like me, but the more you hate me the more you will learn. I am hard but I am fair.
453747.png

• 2 weeks later...

"All the problems we face in the United States today can be traced to an unenlightened immigration policy on the part of the American Indian." ~ Pat Paulsen ... deadpan comedian, satirist, vintner, and presidential candidate (1968, 1972, 1980, 1988, 1992, 1996)

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

"All the problems we face in the United States today can be traced to an unenlightened immigration policy on the part of the American Indian." ~ Pat Paulsen ... deadpan comedian, satirist, vintner, and presidential candidate (1968, 1972, 1980, 1988, 1992, 1996)

Thats funny :)

I would never join any club that would have me as a member.

-- Woody Allen, Annie.

Woody was quoting Groucho Marx. Profound idea, though.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Thats funny :)

One of Paulsen's presidential campaign slogans: "I've upped my standards. Now, up yours."

Edited by ammcinnis

spacer.png

Once upon a time on Tralfamadore there were creatures who weren’t anything like machines. They weren’t dependable. They weren’t efficient. They weren’t predictable. They weren’t durable. And these poor creatures were obsessed by the idea that everything that existed had to have a purpose, and that some purposes were higher than others. These creatures spent most of their time trying to find out what their purpose was.

And every time they found out what seemed to be a purpose of themselves, the purpose seemed so low that the creatures were filled with disgust and shame. And, rather than serve such a low purpose, the creatures would make a machine to serve it. This left the creatures free to serve higher purposes. But whenever they found a higher purpose, the purpose still wasn’t high enough.

So machines were made to serve higher purposes, too. And the machines did everything so expertly that they were finally given the job of finding out what the highest purpose of the creatures could be. The machines reported in all honesty that the creatures couldn’t really be said to have any purpose at all. The creatures thereupon began slaying each other, because they hated purposeless things above all else. And they discovered that they weren’t even very good at slaying. So they turned that job over to the machines, too. And the machines finished up the job in less time than it takes to say, “Tralfamadore.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, The Sirens of Titan

During one of Candie’s many racially charged diatribes, Leonardo DiCaprio had to stop as he was having a hard time dealing with all the racially charged language. Between scenes, Samuel L. Jackson took DiCaprio to him one side and told him to get it together, telling him “Motherf*r, this is just another Tuesday for us.

From the making of Django unchained.

Edited by ehsnils
453747.png

Recently seen on the label of some bottled water in my local grocery store: "Gluten Free!" (Really.)

spacer.png

"Maybe that's enlightenment enough: to know that there is no final resting place of the mind; no moment of smug clarity. Perhaps wisdom... is realizing how small I am, and unwise, and how far I have yet to go." - Anthony Bourdain

May he rest in peace.

Brought to you by Pfizer

"Maybe that's enlightenment enough: to know that there is no final resting place of the mind; no moment of smug clarity. Perhaps wisdom... is realizing how small I am, and unwise, and how far I have yet to go." - Anthony Bourdain

May he rest in peace.

Sorry to see him go. And sorry that anybody could be so sad so that they kill themselves, Except Hitler I think that was a good move on his part Oh, and Stalin could've used a head start.