LegacyGT.com

Pittsburgh Meets?

puzzled

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a "flat-out day" April 29 @ Beaver Run. Ive never done a track event and I think that this would be fun. It's $180 for the session (which includes some safety training). Anybody here done one of these? Thoughts?

If I don't do this there is a beginners auto-x event being held by NHSCC on april 30 that is only $50 for the day.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Hey whats up Mookz, pretty sure we chatted there, welcome to the forum. You will find the hostility level here at a 3/10 as opposed to the NASIOC 8/10 level. Sending you a PM.

Scott G

3/10 is probably a little generous for a guy who sucked a plastic bag into his turbo. :lol: Seriously though, welcome.

3/10 is probably a little generous for a guy who sucked a plastic bag into his turbo. :lol: Seriously though, welcome.

Hahahaha. things happen. But thanks guys. See you guys at Quaker Steak and Lube on the 4th.

Anybody here rolling in a SWP with black wheels?

Also, I am signed up for the track day at Beaver Run on friday. I'll let yinz know how it goes

Anybody here rolling in a SWP with black wheels?

Also, I am signed up for the track day at Beaver Run on friday. I'll let yinz know how it goes

Pm me some more details about the track day. i'll come up and take some pics

Below is the schedule for the Flat Out Day

7:00 Gates Open

7:30-8:30 Registration

8:15-8:30 Flat Out Instructors Meeting - Classroom

8:30-8:45 Mandatory Drivers Meeting in Classroom (Except Instructors)

8:45-9:15 Groups 1 & 2 Remain in Classroom – Vehicle Dynamics

8:55-9:15 Flat Out Group 3 and Instructors on Track

9:20-9:40 Flat Out Group 1 & 2 on Track (Return to Classroom at 9:45)

9:45-10:05 Flat Out Group 3 and Instructors on Track

10:10-10:30 Flat Out Group 1 & 2 on Track (Return to Classroom at 10:35)

10:35-10:55 Flat Out Group 3 and Instructors on Track

11:00-11:20 Flat Out Group 1 & 2 on Track (Return to Classroom at 11:25)

11:25-11:45 Flat Out Group 3 and Instructors on Track

11:50-12:10 Flat Out Group 1 & 2 on Track

I'll be running with the group 1/2 cars as this is my first time there. THere are only five cars registered between the two groups as of right now. Thats pretty awesome. I'll be recieving classroom instructon as well as having an instructor in the car at all times. Total cost was $180 ($210 if you done pre-register)

I'm pumped but i gotta do my brake fluid/oil/tranny and diff fluids tomorrow

Good luck at the track, looking forward to hearing and seeing the results.

I'm curious to know if anyone knows where I could find junkyard/scrapyard to get parts from a legacy? I am trying to finish up my interior swap and I need a few odds and ends.

Good luck at the track, looking forward to hearing and seeing the results.

I'm curious to know if anyone knows where I could find junkyard/scrapyard to get parts from a legacy? I am trying to finish up my interior swap and I need a few odds and ends.

All Foriegn Auto Parts in Pittsburgh is pretty good with odds and ends. Picked up a wingless trunk from them last week, but it did have undisclosed damage :mad:

Good luck Code, def interested in hearing how you placed..

Today at the track was awesome. It was cold and rainy, there wasnt any standing water on the track, but rain fell the whole time.

There were five cars running with my group. A new camaro ss (fast as hell), an old 944, a turbo'd 240sx on slicks, an 07 335i coupe, and me in the LGT. I was the slowest down the straights for sure, but mostly faster through turns 1-6.

Turn1-3 the car felt really good. Hard braking from 110ish and a late downshift to third at the end of the front straight. Moderate throttle and the car pulled itself through really well. THen its hard, but short, on the brakes to setup for turn 4.

Turns 5,6,7 is my favorite part of the track. WOT through 8. I was only running the car to the top of fourth gear on the front and back straights. Turn 10 ate me and my car alive, almost every time. I had to brake hard and turn-in (what felt like) super late, and just mash the gas.

I had an instructor in the car with me the entire time. Definitely a good thing.

I was supposed to have 4 20-min sessions. We only got 3 in because a Lotus blew its motor and dumped oil all over turn 9 and into 10. With all the rain it made a real mess of the track. To compensate they offed to allow us to run around in the Vehicle Dynamics Area, and a few of the more experienced guys ran the track slowly to break-in fresh motors.

I cant wait to do it again

Hey booze, I am cleaning out my garage and I have a few wrx parts if you want them. I have a driver-side headlight. It has a good lense and all tabs are intact but the reflectors inside are all busted up. It is still factory sealed. $free.99

I also have a set of tinted overlays for the tails. BNIB but I got them in march of '06 so I don't even know if they still stick. $free.99

Drvslo, the headlight is yours. It's located in mt Washington about 5 min from downtown

Archived