LegacyGT.com

New STI catalog on the way for USDM

Hi all - I spoke to my local dealership parts manager yesterday and it appears SOA is going to be producing a full STI and SPT catalog for us to drool over. Not sure of the ETA yet, but it will be a more comprehensive version of the folding brochure they had for SPT stuff. They have a standard parts listing already for the 'pink' springs (but no stock) for the Legacy's ('04 and up, as the car was introduced in other parts of the world before we got the car), but this catalog is meant for consumers. Hopefully, this means better access for all to the STI parts catalog. This should mean that overall costs come down a bit, as the aftermarket shops don't have to go to JP or AU to source parts. Also, this should also help availability if SOA commits to having distirbution available through normal channels. I don't know about the rest of you, but my local Subaru dealer has a 'small-town mentality', so I would still prefer to deal with a qualified 'tuner', but the catalog can only be good news. Has anyone else heard the same or have more details?

[quote name='Th3Franz']Sweet. I might send an email to my dealership next month asking about it... But since I have purchased my Legacy, [b]I[/b] have been the one telling [b]them[/b] about new parts like the homelink mirror, etc.[/QUOTE] I know the feeling I had to tell my dealer about the idot bell for the seat belt turn off. as for the sti catalog i cant wait tho get my grubby little hands on it and give my parents a christmas list as a joke. but i will ned to buy a few thing from it regardles

I was in the same boat. If I didn't know the parts manager so well, he would have blown me off when I called him to get the retail and invoice cost for the Homelink option - he didn't even know there was a part number. The 'sales' side was charging me $250 + installation. Funny, when you look at Subaru's site, it is a $239 accessory added at port install. Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts.

is it the same one available here : [url]http://www.subaru.com/microsites/spt/brochure.sptmain[/url] click the Page though the online SPT Parts brochure [url="javascript:openWindow('http://subaru.richfx.com/catalog_subaru/catalog1/index.asp','spt_catalog',"height=405,width=800,left=20,top=20,resizable=no,scrollbars=no,target='blank'");"]here[/url]. link

[quote name='patagonianwrx']Is that a dealer selling aftermarket gear, or confirming what I was told about an STI/SPT catalog that is more comprehensive?[/QUOTE] Confirmed. STI/SPT will have a comprehensive line available throught dealerships starting the first of the year.

Let's hope this info about an expanded Sti/SPT catalog of products sold via dealers part of a new Subaru Performance Group and dealer installed, SOA warrntee qualifed parts. Sounds like it could be related to what I posted in other topic about a new Perf Group.

dual tip, dual exhaust currently available from STI in Japan. King of Imports or sells them now, so it would be cool if they become a std. offering through dealers. JDMPARTSTX.Com and King also has the Genome parts with single coffee cans.

Legacy.Exhaust.STiSSDualSportMufflerSystem.jpg.a8429d48e6254b930159ba2f2cc0364d.jpg

We just got a new performance catalog here at Mastro... ...but there is nothing really "new" in it, just a new look. Some STi forester parts, pink springs for the WRX and STi, same selections of exhausts, coil overs for the Impreza...different braces for the Impreza.... that's about it...

[quote name='gtguy']Calm down. The above post said that products for the Legacy would be on offer [b]after the first of the year.[/b] This is still October, yes? Kevin[/QUOTE] Unless the catalog my dealer told me about is different than the one Mastro received, we are SOL. As for B4's comment about after the first of the year - what was the source?

Guest *Jedimaster*
I apologise if this has been answered, I haven't read this whole thread- but I'm hoping some accessories will be offered for us OBXT owners- since getting into Subaru, first with my WRX wagon and now with my XT, it seems like these categories aren't catered to as extensively as the more mainstream models.

Well Jedi, the Outback is about as mainstream as it gets. The majority of Legacy-chassis-based cars sold are Outbacks. Now certainly, OB owners don't usually mod their cars (another reason I should have gotten that black OBXT :D ), which might explain the dearth of goodies for y'all. Kevin

Are you talking about the 'fasten and unfastern the seat belt 3 times quickly' method or a more permanent method? If the latter please share. [quote name='ih8vtec13']I know the feeling I had to tell my dealer about the idot bell for the seat belt turn off. as for the sti catalog i cant wait tho get my grubby little hands on it and give my parents a christmas list as a joke. but i will ned to buy a few thing from it regardles[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hal9e3']Are you talking about the 'fasten and unfastern the seat belt 3 times quickly' method or a more permanent method? If the latter please share.[/QUOTE][url="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2023&highlight=seatbelt+chime"]http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2023&highlight=seatbelt+chime[/url]
-ben

Archived