LegacyGT.com

Rx330 OEM conversion for Full OEM HID's Write-up

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much more than grind away at the sides of the shields until it fit and break a tab and jbwelt the tab (similar to the LGT Tab pictured on the back of the LGT sheilds back ) back on. I think net result is a slightly different beam pattern thats about it.

I was thinking/wondering of what sanding/polishing the interior of the shields would net as the shield does seem dark enough where it might absorb a lot of light but I didn't want to risk having a bad result to do an experiment when I don't have a replacement.

Edited by rkl303

Yea I think other then the bowl you want less reflective area, alot of people black out everything other then the bowl to give you more forward spread and shine. I could be wrong though so dont quote me. Nice either way you look at it. On a scale of 1-10 what would you rate the total job in difficultiy.

Not much more than grind away at the sides of the shields until it fit and break a tab and jbwelt the tab (similar to the LGT Tab pictured on the back of the LGT sheilds back ) back on. I think net result is a slightly different beam pattern thats about it.

I was thinking/wondering of what sanding/polishing the interior of the shields would net as the shield does seem dark enough where it might absorb a lot of light but I didn't want to risk having a bad result to do an experiment when I don't have a replacement.

Mr.350

10 because of the 2 ^(&%ing popits that hold the bumper cover to the car are a PITA to remove but really I would say its a 3-2.

Or if you are talking about grinding the shields I would say its a 1.5 if youhave a bench grinder as all you do is take the bowl and trace an outline of the shield w/ a sharpie(the .5 is because you gotta be careful not to break the tab

MiniStiGuy you could probably edit the first post to also mention to the DIYers that hey could try adding/reducing washers prior to putting the headlight back togeather. This would save us from going back and taking the system apart because we put in too many or too few washers. I just hooked up my HID system w/o headlight assembly and just put the bulb in the projectors and ran the system. Found out 2 brass washers was a bit too much and 0 wasn't right prior to putting it altogeather.

• 3 months later...
I've never had MDX's in person so I couldn't say. It would all depend on how they mount compared to our stock locations. You could have to possibly due custom mounting which of course requires your own imagination and ability to work with the types of materials needed to do such. The non-afs RX330's on the other hand are a perfect mount perfect swap over with 0 modification needed to anything.

Ok so I just want to ask if the projector bowls are universal? I am asking because I can purchase 2 of the same side light for pretty cheap and since I am using the original legacy shield still I am hoping the bowl itself from the RX330 is a universal bowl and can be used interchangeably with side. Thanks for the help.

So if I get the Phillips bulbs an the D2s Adapters what Ballasts do I get? Do I get H7 Ballasts? Also do I need the wiring harness like with my current DDM kit? or will the quality of these bulbs not lead to failure at start like my current setup.

If you are going to reuse your DDM kit, you need amp to D2S adapters:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/D2S-D2R-HID-BULB-ADAPTERS-AFTERMARKET-OEM-BALLASTS-AMP_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36476QQihZ019QQitemZ290267385451QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

If you use OEM ballasts then you won't need them.

I am not sure if the L and Right bowls are the same or not.

Hey, just read the whole thing, good write up...I dont know if I will do a retro or just get H7 HID bulbs, I had excellent luck in my 07 si with HID bulbs in stock reflectors, i know i know but they worked excellent, had decent cut off. No body flashed me.