LegacyGT.com

Navigation System Version 2.0?

07spec

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
are the disks still seeded on torrents?

No. That would be illegal an unethical ;)

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

Sweet :spin:

Dear Mr. Martinez:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. As a Onetime Goodwill Gesture, we would like to provide you with the updated discs for the Navigation System for free:eek:. You should expect them by UPS ground in a week or two. :spin:

The control unit for the Navigation System is underneath the driver's seat of your 2007 Legacy. Going from the front of your vehicle, get under the seat to install the new disc. Lift up the protective, silver cover and hit the eject button. That is all you need to do to remove the old disc and install the new disc.

If your address is not on the updated discs, please let me know and I will provide your address to the supplier to ensure that it is added to future maps.

Thank you for the opportunity to show you Subaru of America's appreciation for your purchase of a new 2007 Legacy.

Best Wishes,

Nancy Quinn

Subaru of America, Inc.

Customer/Dealer Services Department

-----------------------------------------------------------

YOUR ORIGINAL MAIL:

Hello,

I just bought my '07 Legacy GT spec b in January, and I have been so impressed with the vehicle. The one issue I have is that the Navigation program was out of date when I purchased the vehicle; and my neighborhood has changed a lot in the last few years. I just found out that a new version of the DVD (version 2.0) has been available since May (just a few months after I purchased my car) at the VERY high price of $238.00. Are you offering discounted, or more preferably, free updates for people who purchased cars in the last year?

I just bought an '07 Spec.B and I, too, have the out of date maps. The maps on the car now are from 2004! I just sent an email to Suabru and hope to be able to get a response as above. If this fails are there any other avenues that can be pursued? ;)

• 1 month later...

So what's the latest and most up to date map?

I was at the dealership yesterday and they pointed me towards Kenwood's web site and said it was the cheapest place to purchase!

Current Kenwood store as of 1/11/08 was part #

86283AG05A Price: $238

Anyone here of anything newer than this.

I would hate to buy and have a newer one available in two weeks or something.

Version 2.0

I don't know if that's a type-o or not. If you click the link to 2.0, it brings you to the next page listing 3.0 (part numbers are the same on both pages.) It's also been less than a year since 2.0 was released.

http://store.kenwoodusa.com/subaru/

When Chuck Norris was born, the only person who cried was the doctor. Never slap Chuck Norris. - E.J.S.

The 2.0 discs are of no use to people in Canada. Nothing has seemingly been upgraded since the v1 discs for Canada.

I've found major roads and complexes that have been around for the past decade that can't be found on either v1 or v2 of these kenwood discs. This is my major beef with the OEM NAV. Maps are sorely out of date..

The only thing that scares me is that comparing both part numbers it looks the latest and greatest is only 1 digit off from the original part number that came with my car.

So in effect 40,000 miles later and 2 full years and it has only been updated ONCE.

It seems like there must me another update coming soon which in that case I'm not paying twice!

I'll try to contact Kenwood and see if there is another one in the works.

I received this reply today:

Dear Matt:

Thank you for your email. Currently, we are shipping version 3.0, even though the information is tied to version 2.0. If you order with us, it will be version 3.0. Thank you for pointing this out as we work to rectify the description on this. There has only been one update since the original 06 version was released. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you for your time.

Cordially,

Sara

Kenwood Store

I received this reply today:

Currently, we are shipping version 3.0, even though the information is tied to version 2.0. If you order with us, it will be version 3.0. Thank you for pointing this out as we work to rectify the description on this. There has only been one update since the original 06 version was released.

Sara

Kenwood Store

What the hell does that mean?! I'm going to verify it in a few minutes, but I believe I have the 2.0 DVD.

What other features would 3.0 have? Maybe the 3d overhead view?

When Chuck Norris was born, the only person who cried was the doctor. Never slap Chuck Norris. - E.J.S.

I checked last night, and something doesn't add up: there's the 1.1 DVD, I have the 2006/2.0 DVD, and they're saying there's only been 1 update since the original 2006 (1.1?) version?

It seems that the Kenwood v3.0 is SOAs 2.0. right?

That's the way I understood form 2006specb122's post.

I think that kenwood rep was probably referring to website information on their site.

I don't know if that's a type-o or not. If you click the link to 2.0, it brings you to the next page listing 3.0 (part numbers are the same on both pages.) It's also been less than a year since 2.0 was released.

Baiscally, I think there were trying to say that if you order from the website you'' be getting the 3.0 disc even through none of the description or part number has been updated on their website.

Archived