LegacyGT.com

Navigation System Version 2.0?

07spec

^ Maybe the nav has a profanity filter.

On the other hand, perhaps the chain is listed under another name? Is you nav set to the right geographic area? Even v1 has little mom and pop places listed all over the place.

BJ's fish and chips came up :lol:

they have locations in 10 states, so i dont know what the problem was

http://www.bjsrestaurants.com/locations.aspx

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any one else have any experiences with the version 3.0?

Are the maps really updated?

I was not impressed with the update from ver 1.1 to ver 2.0.

I didn't really notice anything new.

Well, I've got the 3.0 DVDs, but not the car yet. Flying out to get it on Friday.

What I see so far:

It says "Ver3.0" on the case and disks.

It says © 2007 DENSO CORPORATION

It says © 2006 Tele Atlas North America, Inc.

It says Data by infoUSA © 2006.

Part number on the case and disks is 86283AG23A.

Please look for the other numbers like:

464210-4970 and post them here.

TIA,

Oneman42

• 1 month later...

+1

Vimy101, Did you get the V3 discs and are there any differences from V2?

Any one else have any experiences with the version 3.0?

Are the maps really updated?

I was not impressed with the update from ver 1.1 to ver 2.0.

I didn't really notice anything new.

I talked Subaru into a free v3 upgrade (insofar as I bought the car, with v2 in it, after v3 was released); we have v2 in our other Subaru and there's no obvious difference. I would expect that the vendor database (gas stations, restaurants, etc) and some streets are updated, though. HPH

Just loaded the v3.0 into the DVD player. I live in rural Nova Scotia, Canada and my early impression is that the accuracy of the roads is significantly improved and the database of businesses, etc. is improved.

I will be posting my v2.0's on eBay tonight if that is of interest to anyone who still has 1.0. Also, since I only need Canada and the east US, I would be happy to sell the 3.0 West DVD. Unless I have a PM before tonight I will probably put that up on eBay too.

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys I had the 1.1 Discs and upgraded to 3.0 (East Coast). The accuracy of the maps in NJ is *MUCH* improved.

*ALSO the VOLUME is now easy to change while in motion. Hit Menu, then Volume and the number you want.

Hey Guys I had the 1.1 Discs and upgraded to 3.0 (East Coast). The accuracy of the maps in NJ is *MUCH* improved.

*ALSO the VOLUME is now easy to change while in motion. Hit Menu, then Volume and the number you want.

Hadn't noticed the volume control change myself. The maps are better in 3.0, but don't strike me as being terribly up-to-date. For example, the D.C. area's "Mixing Bowl" project at the I-495/395/95 interchange finished up last year. *Some* of the new ramps are there, but not all. I noticed the v3.0 discs still have the ramp from the Outer Loop of the beltway to I-395 North as a left exit, when it's been on the right for at least a year. Oh well. So based on that, it looks like there's a 12+ month lag in map updates before DVDs are released.

I am waiting to see if the routing code was updated, but haven't had a perfectly repeatable test case. Anyone else besides me ever get told to make pointless U-turns with the v1.1 set?? :lol:

Did any of the new disc allow for use of the nav system while in motion without messing with the wiring?

I put a new disc in and I can no longer see the PKB sensor on off.

I didn't want to take out the wiring to see if that fixed it so maybe someobody knows.

Main reason is my sister just bought an 06 spec b as well and we did the hack to allow navigation use while in motion but it stopped working.

Instead of fixing it I thought maybe a new disc would work.

Did any of the new disc allow for use of the nav system while in motion without messing with the wiring?

I put a new disc in and I can no longer see the PKB sensor on off.

I didn't want to take out the wiring to see if that fixed it so maybe someobody knows.

Main reason is my sister just bought an 06 spec b as well and we did the hack to allow navigation use while in motion but it stopped working.

Instead of fixing it I thought maybe a new disc would work.

I doubt they would add this, but I'll check it out.

Is there a torrent out there for the East discs?!? PM me.

Nope... I think some Tribeca owner uploaded the 3.0 west discs but doesn't seem they uploaded the east discs.

You never now... I suspect sooner or later someone will upload the complete set.

^^ No, the upgrades don't do anything for the in-motion programming lockout.

There is, however, a pretty easy solution to the problem, which involves grounding a pin on the unit under the driver's seat. Do a search. HPH

^^ No, the upgrades don't do anything for the in-motion programming lockout.

There is, however, a pretty easy solution to the problem, which involves grounding a pin on the unit under the driver's seat. Do a search. HPH

Yes, I did the grounding. It worked great in my car.

My sisters spec b was another story.

It took a while and then it only lasted a week.

I went back into my menu to see the PBK sensor and it is no longer listed! WHAT! The only thing I've changed is the CD.

So I'm guessing they took the PKB sensor display OUT in the new disc.

So I wondered if they also made moving in motion standard.

Just a warning for those who have not done the GROUNDING fix yet you will want to do that before you get the new DVDs because after you get the new dvd you will not be able to check the PKB sensor. You will have to drive to test. That can get frustrating since your seat will be off. :)

You can access the diagnostics screen and it lists the parking brake status on there. Here is how you get to it:

1. Press Menu

2. Press and hold the top center of the screen for about 10 seconds

3. a Pin pad will appear. Enter 014220.

4. There are several screens available, find the one that lists the vehicle signals and it will have the parking brake status.

Just to clarify .... I am willing to sell the original v2.0 disks either together or separately .... not copy my v3.0 disks.

Thanks.

I just purchased the v3.0 and have a v2.0 set I'd be happy to sell either as a set or East & West separately. PM me if interested.

Archived