LegacyGT.com

Navigation System Version 2.0?

07spec

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am compressing the files and uploading again. This time it's 3.2GB each EAST and WEST for faster uploads. If you've downloaded less than 50% than start over using the new files.

Sorry for all the confusion.

You'll need winrar to unpack the file.

• 2 weeks later...
I am compressing the files and uploading again. This time it's 3.2GB each EAST and WEST for faster uploads. If you've downloaded less than 50% than start over using the new files.

Sorry for all the confusion.

You'll need winrar to unpack the file.

Waiting please let me knwo when this is done. If you are entering East and West does that cover the whole united states liek the Nav DVD's do? What will need to be done to burn this and to get it to play in the vehicles? Has anyoen tried your download yet and had it work successfully?

• 1 month later...

I just bought a new "leftover" 06 Tribeca and it has the 1.0 Nav discs. :mad:

I have 2.0 for the west, anyone want to trade for the east?

2011 Legacy 3.6r w/multimedia

2005 WSP LGT *sold

2006 Tribeca Limited NAV/DVD *sold

2005 FXT *traded

2003 WRX *traded

I sent SOA an email stating that I had an 07 Spec B, gave them the VIN and explained that I was disappointed that the factory discs were already out of date and that I would appreciate an update, and the CSR just sent me the new discs for free. I had them less than a week later. I'm not sure if this is a policy of theirs, but it's worth a try.

who did you e-mail and what did you say?

Well, I just went to Subaru.com then at the bottom, there's the 'contact us' thing. After that it asks for all of your information, including VIN. You just need to make a case for yourself as far as when you bought your car and how soon the update was released after you bought it. Try to express outrage at the cost of the update and that it is ridiculous that you did not receive the newest software with your vehicle. If you have an '07 model, you shouldn't have any trouble because the update was released in something like March '07. Any older than that though, and I'd say buy it or download it...

Actually, I found the text of the email I sent. Pretty straight

forward:

Hello, I just bought my '07 Spec B at the end of January,

and I'm very happy with it. The one issue I have is that

the Nav program is very old and my neighborhood has changed

a lot in the last few years. I recently received the April

Subaru Insider, and it has a little blurb about a Nav Update.

It is listed at an UNBELEIVABLY high price of $238.00. Are

you offering discounted, or more logically, free updates for

people who purchased cars in the last year?

Actually, I found the text of the email I sent. Pretty straight

forward:

Hello, I just bought my '07 Spec B at the end of January,

and I'm very happy with it. The one issue I have is that

the Nav program is very old and my neighborhood has changed

a lot in the last few years. I recently received the April

Subaru Insider, and it has a little blurb about a Nav Update.

It is listed at an UNBELEIVABLY high price of $238.00. Are

you offering discounted, or more logically, free updates for

people who purchased cars in the last year?

great, thanks. I'm going to try this. I'll let you know how I make out.

2011 Legacy 3.6r w/multimedia

2005 WSP LGT *sold

2006 Tribeca Limited NAV/DVD *sold

2005 FXT *traded

2003 WRX *traded

• 3 weeks later...
I have the 2008 Outback with the DVD version 2.0. I was reading in another thread about a mod to allow inputting data while in motion by jumping the empty parking brake port on the DVD player under the driver's seat to ground which makes the navigation program think the parking brake is on (and presumably therefore the vehicle is stopped). Is this necessary with version 2.0? Are there restrictions on data input while moving? How would I check (what would I look for what can't be done) whether I need to do this mod so I can bypass any restriction in the program so a passenger can input data while moving?

You can do anything/access anything you want while moving if you do the mod. Version 2 software is irrelevant to the situation.

You can't access everything but most of the useful features get unlocked. It is a great and hella easy mod.

I could use a seed on the torrent link for the EAST disks posted in the last page. Looks like and another guy aren't going to get past 0.6%.

I ran into a few issues with my 2004 disks on a trip up to Detroit and back down through OH into PA last week. It had me take a few exits and then get back on the main road and it didn't know about a major new highway (US 30) going to OH.

Based on previous suggestions in this thread, I sent the following email to the "contact us" link on the Subaru site last night:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, I just bought my '07 Legacy GT in January, and I am very happy with it. The one issue I have is that the Nav program is very old and my neighborhood has changed a lot in the last few years. I just found out that a new version of the DVD (version 2.0) has been available since May (just a few months after I purchased my car) at the VERY high price of $238.00. Are you offering discounted, or more logically, free updates for people who purchased cars in the last year?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

and today, received the following reply:

-----------------------------------------

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. As a Onetime Goodwill Gesture, we would like to provide you with the updated discs for the Navigation System for free. You should expect them by UPS ground in a week or two.

The control unit for the Navigation System is underneath the driver's seat of your 2007 Legacy 2.5GT Ltd Sedan. Going from the front of your vehicle, get under the seat to install the new disc. Lift up the protective, silver cover and hit the eject button. That is all you need to do to remove the old disc and install the new disc.

If the changes to your neighborhood are not on the updated discs, please let me know and I will provide the information to the supplier to ensure that it is added/corrected on future maps.

Thank you for the opportunity to show you Subaru of America's appreciation for your purchase of a new 2007 Legacy 2.5GT Ltd Sedan.

----------------------------------------

So thanks to all concerned for helping me get this update for free :)

Archived