LegacyGT.com

bobcats toast 14K/endless ss-m worth it?

Beanboy

Bobcats are on their way out, and looks like they took the rear rotors with them. :lol:

Want brake pads with the following characteristics:

autocross/rallycross happy

better bite than OEM pads

works well right away on a -10 degree days

rotor friendly

Don't care about:

noise

dust

Endless ss-m seem to get good reviews, but are they worth the cost? Anything else that meet the above specs?

Bobcats were okay, but I was expecting more in terms of performance, everything about them was just 'okay' If they excelled in at least one or two areas, I would go back to them.

for what you are asking for, sounds like you are driving pretty hard.. Bobcats can last anywhere from 10k mile to 30k miles.. you are more on the aggressive side of the braking.. at this case, just buy another set of Bobcats.. there's not much of a reason to buy a set of SS-Ms if you are just going to eat them away just as fast.

you really can't ask for anything more in terms of initial bite, temperature range, and wear for a street performance pad.. what I would suggest is upgrade your tires to something more sticky.. that will help your braking a lot more. Also, you can also change your fluid and lines to give you a better feel.. you may want to think about suspension change to help out on the braking overall.. stock suspension is setting up the brakes to be bias to the front.. if you have stiffer front suspension, this will lessen the head-dive weight transfer and will make your rears work more effectively so that you have less wear up front and give you more downforce in the rear for better overall braking.

Keefe

Changed the lines and fluid after switching to the Bobcats. If it is true that I'll eat through others just as quickly, might as well stay with the relatively cheap bobcats then.

Gonna get the car up on jacks in a couple of hours and see how bad things are. I really don't wanna turn the rear rotors, hehe.

Might even feel extra motivated and get some photos...

Thanks for the advice folks!

Beanboy, if you dont care about noise/dust, you MAY want to try the AX6/PantherPlus compound.

They may not work well right away for a -10 degree day though. I dont think any overly aggressive pad compound would. Depending on your ambient temps when autoX/rallyX-ing, they may need some time to warm up. The Bobcats were designed to give a quick initial bite and operate in that temperature range as they were designed specifically for Autocrossing.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

I like the SS-M a lot but never ran Bobcats. That said, I've already gone through a set of SS-M but I'll be using cheaper, more aggressive pads for the more severe braking situations come spring. :lol:

Going back to hitting banks again? :lol:

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Archived