LegacyGT.com

07 spec Seats in 05 LGT

acooper5

I am going up tomorrow to purchase 07 spec b seats front and rear to install in my 05 LGT. I know that I have power connects to the front seats so that shouldn't be a problem. The tricky part will be getting the rear seats in so that I can utilize the 60/40 fold down, that is the most important thing to me. I will keep everybody posted on the progress and post pictures.

EDIT*****PICS on POST # 36

Semper Fi.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its got to, it is the same car just different rear seat frame. I am getting that too and the rear deck lid so it should pretty much be a straight swap.

I dont want just the covers, they are nice, I really want the 60/40 rear seat

Semper Fi.

its got to, it is the same car just different rear seat frame. I am getting that too and the rear deck lid so it should pretty much be a straight swap.

I dont want just the covers, they are nice, I really want the 60/40 rear seat

if i could, i would too! keep us informed on the rear seats!

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

got almost everything in today, It really didnt take long. Here are a few things that are different.

1) the power connector to the front driver seat is different from 05 to 07 because of memory seats...right now I have connected male to female connectors to make power to the seats. However passenger seat is fine, connectors are the same.

2) back seat bottoms are fine but top needs hooks for the 60/40 split sides to lock down on when up. Right now they are seating up just fine and will remain there but there are no locks to keep the from coming down freely. Again not a big problem, they dont fall down while breaking. I will get the hooks.

3)also the two sides of the back of the seat are not attached to the 60/40 part and there is a plastic bracket on the top that hooks into the frame of the 07 but on the 05 there is no hole for it. SO I will take a saw to the frame and notch out a small NOT visible and NOT destructable hole in the frame. Other than that everything else was VERY smooth and easy.

Also in order to get memory seats to work, you need a module. I will get that one day but right now, the seats work and I am not worried about the memory to much.

I will post pictures most likely tomorrow. But we will see.

Semper Fi.

haha, like I said, Tomorrow. I just had a great bottle of Merlot, When I am sober tomorrow and finish the rest I will take pics. Plus PGT...did you move???

If you are still local, we should have another herndon lunch meet and you can see in person.

Semper Fi.

cant wait to see... i ordered the steering wheel from the guy today, thinking about prossibly getting the seat set... hows it look wityh ur stock door panels?? do you think u need the panels from the Spec B?

My stock doors have the black insert, so I thought for 75 a panel (which is a grat price) I didnt need them. So far they look awesome.

Semper Fi.

Well installed the rest today and had ONE major problem. The right side seat harness is the same for power and the seat heater but...the AIRBAG IS DIFFERENT. Because of that the airbag light is constantly on and the seat pressure sensor does not plug in making it DING all the time. Hopefully I few 3 ohm resistor fix it for now untill I get the vacation pix to show me the wire diagram for under the seats so I can rewire the airbag plugs. Not an easy job but can be done.

Anyways everything else is pretty straight forward swap. Let me know if you have any questions. I am exhausted, so enjoy the pics below and I will be back tomorrow.

Semper Fi.

got almost everything in today, It really didnt take long. Here are a few things that are different.

1) the power connector to the front driver seat is different from 05 to 07 because of memory seats...right now I have connected male to female connectors to make power to the seats. However passenger seat is fine, connectors are the same.

2) back seat bottoms are fine but top needs hooks for the 60/40 split sides to lock down on when up. Right now they are seating up just fine and will remain there but there are no locks to keep the from coming down freely. Again not a big problem, they dont fall down while breaking. I will get the hooks.

3)also the two sides of the back of the seat are not attached to the 60/40 part and there is a plastic bracket on the top that hooks into the frame of the 07 but on the 05 there is no hole for it. SO I will take a saw to the frame and notch out a small NOT visible and NOT destructable hole in the frame. Other than that everything else was VERY smooth and easy.

Also in order to get memory seats to work, you need a module. I will get that one day but right now, the seats work and I am not worried about the memory to much.

I will post pictures most likely tomorrow. But we will see.

hey I'm picking up my seats tomorrow can you post pictures of the connectors for the front seats?

Archived