LegacyGT.com

07 spec Seats in 05 LGT

acooper5

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh yes I want the whole set. I'm just talking about the bottoms. I think we could just swap the covers for the bottoms and bolt up the rest so I don't have to mess with electrical and also keep my non-power seats. I don't think the cushion could be different, but if it is, maybe I could swap that as well.

One thing I just thought about: The power reclining function. I think I would need the bottom electrics to make it work. I think I'll just buy the whole damn set and make it work. Mr Luv has been helping me out with a couple things. I'll PM you my offer.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow. I have my non-power '05 passenger seat completely disassembled and my '07 Spec B passenger seat completely disassembled. I was planning on converting these to non-power, but it's impossible unless I want to leave hole in the side of the passenger seat where the lumbar lever goes. So... I'm going to go with the power seats.

What do I have to do to make these seats work without changing the bottom of the passenger side? I really am not happy with the fitment of the '07 cushion on the '05 frame. I'm willing to cut up some wires to make the passenger seat work completely along with the memory function on the driver. Anybody know about this before I start a project that's not going to work?

Since having my car back, weather time and light hasn't permitted me to unbolt my seats, but you are doing way too much work to get these bolt up it isn't that hard. Snap some pix of the components under the chairs and lets get this project done for you!!!
Mr.350

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Bit of a thread revival but I have someone with an 06 LGT interested in buying my set of 08' LGT seats. It seems people had some issues with the occupant detection system compatibility between the newer (07') seats and the 05' cars. Does anyone know if the 08' seats are a direct swap into an 06 or what would need to be done? I know the bit about the rear seat folding functionality, just concerned with the fronts. I just don't want the buyer to have any surprises.

Need '06 passenger seat internals most likely. Compare all the connectors under the seat...

Thanks. He has an 06' with the leather, told him he'll probably just have to swap the passenger bottoms.

• 6 years later...

Archived