LegacyGT.com

Subaru Canada Debuts 2008 Legacy 2.5 GT Wagon, spec.B

Jon in CT

i am with you on the "too common" thing...one of the reasons that i love subaru so much is that they make awsome products that very few people own...but most all (intelligent ppl) respect... kindof like the mac computer...great product - few ppl own (but now there seems to be a small bandwagon forming)

as i look at the vehicles you are scoping, they all appear to be of excellent calliber...which ever you test drive and decide will be great for you

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many who are actively complaining about lack of this and lack of that are honestly, realistically in the market with intention to buy anyway? Lots of those I'm referring to already have an LGT Wagon 5MT or what have you and aren't even prospective buyers. Be happy that you got IBTcancellationof5MTwagon.

You're missing the point. The battle for LGT MT wagon was a battle for a bigger thing - manufacturer dedicated to a sporty line of cars. If the car was promoted enough - and if the company honestly wanted to build performance "Japanese BMW image" in the US (and not gay/lesbian/weirdo/tree hugger image) - they would offer performance vehicles across the line:

small sedan & hatch (Impreza)

midsize sedan & wagon (Legacy)

crossover (Tribeca)

ALL, yes all of them, should be available with manual transmissions. In regular sporty GT trims as well as high-end peformace STI trims. Even if certain models are slow sellers, you build them FOR THE PERFORMANCE BRAND RECOGNITION.

That's it. If the people recognized the brand as such, there would be enough buyers even for LGT MT wagons.

If what Jon in CT said was true, why is the VDC only an option on AT LGT's?

Go back to 2001 in your time machine and figure out why VDC was only on the 4EAT H6.

What Subaru is trying to say is that the Auto's always have the better management for traction control.....right? ;)

Why would SOA eliminate everything but the Legacy sedan? Are they purposely killing that too?
I can only offer that the Subaru dealer in north SF Bay told me that they sell many times more Outbacks than Legacies, and that I see many many Outbacks while seeing a Legacy is an "event". If that's true generally and not just locally, I wouldn't be surprised that what you suggest is true.

Go back to 2001 in your time machine and figure out why VDC was only on the 4EAT H6.

What Subaru is trying to say is that the Auto's always have the better management for traction control.....right? ;)

Dude, next time it snows, you need to come drive my spec.B. We'll try to light up that VDC light...not easy, even with the summer tires.:icon_mrgr

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

You're missing the point. The battle for LGT MT wagon was a battle for a bigger thing - manufacturer dedicated to a sporty line of cars. If the car was promoted enough - and if the company honestly wanted to build performance "Japanese BMW image" in the US (and not gay/lesbian/weirdo/tree hugger image) - they would offer performance vehicles across the line:

small sedan & hatch (Impreza)

midsize sedan & wagon (Legacy)

crossover (Tribeca)

ALL, yes all of them, should be available with manual transmissions. In regular sporty GT trims as well as high-end peformace STI trims. Even if certain models are slow sellers, you build them FOR THE PERFORMANCE BRAND RECOGNITION.

That's it. If the people recognized the brand as such, there would be enough buyers even for LGT MT wagons.

But you can't force people's perceptions. You can advertise and persuade, but people think what they think, and buy what they buy in the end. In my neck of the woods, the Outback and OB Sport are king. Its called your 'bread and butter'. Good luck with the upheaval of that. I'd like to see an MT and STI everything, but its just not realistic until the market supports it. The lack of sales and such could/would drive the price up higher just to have these models rotting at the dealers, not selling. IMHO, it will take so much to get N.A. to recognize Subaru as a performance brand, it simply would not be worth the $$$ to SOA/FHI. We can only hope with Travis Patrana's popularity and therefore rallying's popularity on the rise, this will carry into the above performance brand recognition and then into more STI models. It does chap my arse a bit to not even be able to special order an MT for some extra cash, but that's a different issue.

So what car is going to buy an owner of Subaru WRX wagon?

Legacy wagon would have been natural choice.

SIA makes wagons for Canadian market. Why cannot one order a wagon if he/she wants one?

Krzys

Good question. Wish we had the order option. Emissions couldn't be that different, if they are different at all, could they?

^ Zero differences wrt to emission/crash test standards/etc as far as Legacy is concerned.

In fact I pretty much bet the only different part on MY2007+ Legacies is the gauge cluster.

if you mean pics other than the canadian international autoshow...then no. I can't find anymore either. when i wrote to subaru (5-6 days ago) their response is that "information is minimal" on the new spec b or on to the likelihood of the legacy sti

i like the '08 pics but i don't know if historicaly canada and the U.S. have gotten the exact same car (though my suspision is that they are the same concidering they come from the same power plant, but i may be wrong on this and will humbly accept any correction). if you find anything please let us all know

peace

I don't know why Subaru is lagging with the press release. The moment the 3.0R was unveiled, the press release and pictures were up on the Subaru media site.

I understand the spec.B and 2.5GT aren't new models, but they could at least give us some information.

Regardless, Joe Spitz of cars101.com stated that dealers should be receiving '08 ordering information by the end of this month *crosses fingers*.

-ben

I love the tribeca's stance and the way they perform for the most part, but I think they're just hideous.

I totally agree on the stance. It sits on the road very nicely. If they just redid the front end, it'd be fine.

Oh, it really needs a telescoping steering wheel also.

^^^

Any word on when the 08's come out?

I torn between an 07 and 08 spec B!

I spoke with an SOC rep at the Canadian autoshow. I asked him if 08 Legacy's will be out during the normal release time of April. He said he did not know and then said they have been talking about pushing the release date back further:icon_mad:

my rims look like shit on that car.

not enough tire meat.

looks the same as the one at the chicago auto show

http://www.stimpco.com/coppermine/albums/cars/2007autoshow/normal_2007-ChiAuSh-088.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/423426/rb.jpg

Archived