LegacyGT.com

Subaru Canada Debuts 2008 Legacy 2.5 GT Wagon, spec.B

Jon in CT

Well, I love the new look. It is much more "Euro" in my opinion. And the Spec B looks awesome. Reviews on the Spec B wheels are mixed but I think they have a home run there.

God, I pray that they are wider than 7"... but I bet they aren't. Are they still putting piddly 215's on there too?

The new look would be good, if not the bumper (it's amazing how a subtle difference changes the look from "awesome" on JDM to 'fugly" on USDM) and silly looking fog lights.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I love the new look. It is much more "Euro" in my opinion. And the Spec B looks awesome. Reviews on the Spec B wheels are mixed but I think they have a home run there.

God, I pray that they are wider than 7"... but I bet they aren't. Are they still putting piddly 215's on there too?

RE 92's at that !!

Oh noes, we're all going to die :lol:

The new look would be good, if not the bumper (it's amazing how a subtle difference changes the look from "awesome" on JDM to 'fugly" on USDM) and silly looking fog lights.

Fog lights that look like they will fill with crap every time you drive through a puddle.

Does no one think " how will I clean these " when they are designing them ?

Thanks for the update! Damn Canadians get the wagons now boo!

Spec B looks nice, but that pic is horrible. Pixelated and just unflattering. Cant wait for the official pics. I like the Rims too. They are the same as in Japan I think, very Audi-esk.

SOA = Cro-Magnon man running the show.

I like the looks of the new cars. Those spec B wheels, though, ugh, talk about ghetto bling.

Yikes.

I want that spec B wagon. I seem to be one of the few who LOVES the brick red 06 spec B interior - in fact had the 06 spec b been available in wagon form (5 mt only, of course), I would have traded in my 05 wagon for it.

As it is, the LGT sedan is not attractive to me - it only handles well enough for wagon duties in my garage :)

Matt - think that guy would trade me the spec b wagon for my car??????? I want it!

TIMEOUT! Ok... so let me just get this straight from all the "insider" info everyone is getting. SOA and SIC are independant companies correct? They both produce their cars in Indiana though correct? Which means the same lines are used in basic assemnly correct? The complaint from many about the dropping of the MT wagon was that there was not enough sales to support it but the car was still made for Canada. Now, the actual Legacy wagon is gone but it's not only being still made in AT for Canada but also MT. So, where is the "economies of scale" arguement now? I'm f'n confused...
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Well atleast US still have the fantastically awesome Dodge Magum SXT RT/10 and the Canyonnero. ;)

Despite the close proximity and to "outsiders" Canadians and Americans sound the same in conversation, both nation really differs in tastes. CDNs have more sensibilities much like the Europeans. Hence you see alot of efficient cars marketed there first than US like Smart or the EL Acuras. Whereas Americans value larger cars.

Well atleast US still have the fantastically awesome Dodge Magum SXT RT/10 and the Canyonnero. ;)

Despite the close proximity and to "outsiders" Canadians and Americans sound the same in conversation, both nation really differs in tastes. CDNs have more sensibilities much like the Europeans. Hence you see alot of efficient cars marketed there first than US like Smart or the EL Acuras. Whereas Americans value larger cars.

No doubt, there's alot more econoboxes up here, even the little Smart Car sells really well.

What I can't understand though, is why SoA can't off the 5MT Wagon as a special order ? It's being made, and it would take about 30 minutes to swap out the gauge cluster and put American stickers on.

But what about producing the same car in the same place but only offering it to one place and telling the other place that it doesn't sell well enough and thus it's too costly yet we're still going to make an EVEN SMALLER amount of the same car now and still sell them to the other place. :iam: WTF? :confused::lol:
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

You know, I had never previously seen myself as a "wagon" guy, but I value my car more and more every day. I would love to see someone laugh at me at a stop light or some such, but that never happens. If anything I get alot of appreciative glances, waves and friendliness.

Now that the USDM wagon is leaving I find myself with the rest of you guys - mad and even a bit hurt that such a good car (even with the studder) won't be available in the future.

Maybe we should have a meet with the SVX guys...

It looks like the MT is gone from the LGT wagon now for us Canadians. It was available in Limited trim only in 07.

No, you'll have MT LGT wagon for 2008.

Archived