LegacyGT.com

Subaru Canada Debuts 2008 Legacy 2.5 GT Wagon, spec.B

Jon in CT

The bastards better offer a McIntosh stereo...
Why? The 2008 Panasonic headunits in the 2008 LGT offer support for MP3, AUX-IN, and either XM or Sirius satellite raido, while the McIntosh headunit provides none of those capabilties.

Just because you have the cabability to post crap recommendations doesn't mean you should.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, damn Jon. Anyway, I really don't like the silver crap around the fogs, aside from that, I'm satisfied exterior wise. It still has potential. I'm mostly disappointed with the lack of certain options like bluetooth and maybe some kind of modification under the hood would have been nice.

Jon, can you tell us any other differences between the '08 Spec B and the '07 one? I'm assuming little other than exterior refresh differentiates the GTs, unless you count the aluminum being replaced.

;1009908']Why? The 2008 Panasonic headunits in the 2008 LGT offer support for MP3, AUX-IN, and either XM or Sirius satellite raido, while the McIntosh headunit provides none of those capabilties.

Just because you have the cabability to post crap recommendations doesn't mean you should.

:rolleyes:

McIntosh >>>> Panasonic regardless of the gizmos

Since SONE (new england) is not tied to SOA, wonder if they can order the GT Wagon as a special order. SOA is just retarded!!

If they even tried to advertise the wagon GT as a performance alternatives to sedans, the would sell like hotcakes! Not talking about snow or camping crap, performance comercials, like start add wars! I bet the competition wouls soon folow with stuff like a Mazdaspeed6 wagon!

How typical only JDM spec B's get the spec B bumper. I though North America was an important market for Subaru. Obviously not important enough to get the same options as the JDM market.

YAWN

http://coptalk.blogspot.com/uploaded_images/yawn-715813.jpg

Here's a picture of the spec.B's interior:

http://www.auto123.com/ArtImages/76904/2007-Toronto-AutoShow-110.jpg

Here's a picture of the 2.5GT wagon's rear end (for proof that it doesn't have the JDM rear bumper):

http://www.auto123.com/ArtImages/76904/2007-Toronto-AutoShow-112.jpg

I'm loving the black on black combo, like the S204 STi, or was it STi spec.C? Whatever.

-ben

I am psyched about the charcoal/black interior. I was hoping they would go more understated with the spec b interior. Hopefully this will be the US model as well, I like what I see and was already planning a Spec B buy after MY 08 is released. I will actually have a choice with the new WRX and new Leggy facelift. The 08 wheels are nice too, I just wish they weren't so darn shiny and blingy.

Spec.B: Red seats, blue seats, black seats... give us some changes that more people will actually care about, like better braking, handling, and acceleration.

Uh, that's the original premise of the JDM spec.B, the B is for Bilsteins. Add the 18" RE050As, and there is a significant handling step from vanilla GT to spec.B. Yes, you can go aftermarket for that stuff, but stock-to-stock, there is a difference.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

The NorAm wagons don't even get the new bling rear treatment... weaksauce.

I wish the B in Spec B only stood for bilsteins and bodywork.

18"s, Bilsteins/springs/sways, and the agressive bumper treatments. As an option package or trim line much closer to the Legacy GT limited.

Decontent the Legacy GT more like the non-limited 2005... decontent the Spec B closer to a handling- and visually upgraded Legacy GT limted. put the bread and butter options like NAV on the option list, offer colors.

Let the 3.0R/5EAT/VDC/NAV model handle the "fully loaded cruiser" crowd as an alternate to Volvo, etc.

But I have little to nil faith that SOA can configure or sell a product.

Just an observation, but I can almost gaurantee that no matter what model SOA put forward, somebody on this site would bash it. That being said, I believe that Fuji-Heavy Industries are the people calling the shots. I think SOA can suggest stuff, but they make no decisions. Soo... Why don't we just inundate FHI with letters about our requests. Some of them seem to be reasonable and I bet that they would respond if we just kept sending them stuff. Say a letter a day from 20 or 30 of us. Thats almost 64000 letters a year. or emails for the cheaper amongst us. It can be the same letter over and over again. I'm pretty sure that SOA is aware of how we feel. They have their own marketing and research department, but its like complaining to the cashier at McDonalds about the prices... that person is not a shot caller and I don't think SOA is either.

Just an observation, but I can almost gaurantee that no matter what model SOA put forward, somebody on this site would bash it.

+1...

I wish we still had MT LGT Wagons as much as the next guy, but there are many other models that I am way into as well. The "LGT Wagon is dead thread" and other such rumor-turned-pandemonium is just a rippling effect nightmare. We aren't going to know anything for sure until at least April. How many who are actively complaining about lack of this and lack of that are honestly, realistically in the market with intention to buy anyway? Lots of those I'm referring to already have an LGT Wagon 5MT or what have you and aren't even prospective buyers. Be happy that you got IBTcancellationof5MTwagon. Myself, I'm gearing up for a big car buy and am waiting for the 08 releases to see what is really going on and what I have to choose from to decide if the new LGT Spec B is worth the cash, the new WRX hatchwagon thing is, or if I would just rather step down a notch and get a used LGT wagon or sedan. Life goes on.

"How many who are actively complaining about lack of this and lack of that are honestly, realistically in the market with intention to buy anyway?"

+1 - "Amen"

I am in the market as my 'handle' suggests...

I have been following this particular thread for a while now...I am looking for helpful comments that will allow me to make a wise purchase when the time is necessary...Are there any more pics of the inside of the '08 spec b or any new facts on any changes? Any bluetooth? Is a subwoofer available from the factory or will it be necessary to upgrade via after-market products?

Thank you for any morsel of factoid that I can glean...

P.S. As I read thru the above comments, I am left with the hopeful prospect that there could be a Legacy STI or something "based on the foundation of the spec b"...is my thinking off???

Yes, there is an aftermarket subwoofer that many people like. If you're big into audio, you'll want to go aftermarket so it may not be worth it to get the subwoofer. The stock stereo in general isn't very good. I don't think there's bluetooth. I'm not sure about all the changes even Jon in CT hasn't given much more away which leads me to think that the gap between '07 and '08 spec b's won't be as large as it was before from a technical and interior standpoint.

On the contrary...

I think SOA is the shot-caller in the US market.

Otherwise, how do you explain how the rest of the world gets options, and other features, and a unified design.

The north american market is restricted for options, different in design details, and different from other markets in a greater sense than they are different from each other.

Longer bumpers. No HIDS, Lack of H6 model until now, lack of colors, lack of audio options, lack of a real Spec B line, rather than just a single configuration model, and lagging and non-complete update for 08, compared to what the other markets got for '07.

The north american market is the black-sheep. the SIA factory isn't the issue. They are still building Legacy wagons, and with manual transmissions. SOA just isn't buying them and putting them on dealer lots. Heck, they aren't putting many legacys of ANY kind on dealer lots, and they are not advertizing and supporting them.

All arrows point to SOA dropping the ball. FHI has a great design, and a well optioned car. North America has the restrictions, SOA moreso than Subaru of Canada...

Most likely there won't be a Legacy STi for '08. Probably after the '09s...

I think right now they are just testing the waters for bringing new STi models over and getting the public's responses (although many will argue SOA is doing otherwise; but let's not forget this is the first US Legacy generation to have a turbo).

-ben

Axis008 - thank you for your input

has anyone confirmed any new changes to the tribeca for '08? I have heard that it will get a 3.6L engine...how many ponies will it pull? what exactly are the changes to the front end? again, any morsels will help as my wife is due in a few weeks and she really likes the tribeca...but since this is a new engine my gut tells me to wait at least 1 year to see how it fairs

I think the tribeca will be a lot better. I'm pretty sure it will have a 3.6 liter, in that case, I'm thinking the 275 hp range is probable, w/ each yr them getting another 10 or so out of it. The front will be a little bit different, I don't know where the rendering went but trust me if what I saw is similar which I heard it was, it'll look a lot better than what we've had. It's worth waiting for.

I'm in a comfortable position b/c the only spec b I can afford is an '07 or '06, I'll look if I have to, but I'm glad that my budget is lower, it constrains my options which is good right now and I don't have to worry about stretching or waiting another yr b/c the next couple yrs w/ cars in general is going to be really good. I need a car soon and I have a strict budget, so I know I'm gonna have either an '08 gt or '06-'07 spec b. I want RWD or AWD, 4 doors and can't afford the next best thing a G35, and the A4's are too common and not good enough.

Archived