LegacyGT.com

Toyota cleared to buy Subaru

hogmeat

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JessterCPA

What you may get are no more annoying "My climate controls are teh suck!" threads. Toyota knows how to make nearly perfect pedestrian cars. Subarus are slightly off center, and a little input from the practicality experts at Toyota would be a good thing.

Jesse

Whoa, whoa guys, please note that the article is PURE speculation. All it says is that IF toyota was interested in Subaru they COULD own a controlling share.

IF this did happen it would lead to more profits for the Subaru division. One of the things that Toyota does best is improve production methods to save money.

As for a quality improvement, not likely. Toyota is growing so fast they are having issues keeping quality levels at what they once were.

Toyota is a smart company, I think they would realize that Subaru is a niche market and keep Subarus Subarus and not a badge engineered camry.

At least I hope.

As far as I can tell this sounds like a good thing, Toyota isn't stupid, they know the toyotas fill a niche, and the Lexus line fills another niche, to turn Subarus into toyotas would be foolish they already have that niche covered. I think they will keep subarus filling the niche they do, and we will benifit from toyotas added $ and quality and business know how, I think this is truley a win win.

Could be alot worse, coulda been GM and we would have ugly unreliable cars with lame interiors.

+1 on all counts. I'm guessing they intend to build Subaru's business, not kill it. We'll find out over the next few years....

say Toyota buys the controling share of Subaru do the numbers of Subaru's sold count in Toyota's total car sales which will help them be number one in world sales? bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

All the more reason for me to keep my OG Impreza and my LGT. I bought a Subaru because I wanted a SUBARU, you know that quirky weird friggin car everyone said WTF to when they saw me pull up in HS. Not a rebadged rolling couch, with a big ass. (ALA Avalon, Solara, Matrix, Prius)

Granted I am jumping to slight conclusions of what may happen should they acquire most of FHI, but its midnight I'm tired and I've reserved the right to do so!:spin:

my fear is that Toyota will slowly deconstruct the performance end vehicles in Subaru

just like they did,

first the got rid of the Supra....

then the MR2

then the Celica

now they just make boring econoboxes to sell to the masses.....

- 2008 Supra

- the MR2 still exists outside the US

- ever heard of Mark X ?

This Space For Rent

Yes, Subaru has proven that they can't help themselves, at least not in America. I doubt Toyota would want to kill the STI department. I see no harm...

I agree with you 110% but not so sure about the Legacy platform...

They may come up with an AWD Camry and dump our cars hehehehehe

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Archived