LegacyGT.com

2008 Subaru Impreza Wagon ... Spy Pictures

AWD_Rules3830

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Today's rumor on NASIOC is WRX & STI available as sedan just for the US market - everyone else gets a 5-dr hatch. Not sure what Impreza trims in the US will come in the hatch form.

Why does Subaru think Wagon's/Hatch's aren't as popular or sought after in the US as they are oversea's, or seem to be???

Brian-

Havent any of you seen the new SAAB's?? Thats what that spy picture of a supposed Subaru is.. its the new SAAB. So if Subaru and SAAB were still working together when they redesigned the new Imprezza its going to look like the new SAAB's

Why does Subaru think Wagon's/Hatch's aren't as popular or sought after in the US as they are oversea's, or seem to be???

Brian-

Because of the stigma that wagons carry in most of the US market. Subaru would be wise to make sure that a sedan is available for the US market.

I love my car ... basically.

Havent any of you seen the new SAAB's?? Thats what that spy picture of a supposed Subaru is.. its the new SAAB. So if Subaru and SAAB were still working together when they redesigned the new Imprezza its going to look like the new SAAB's

Saab and Subaru have cut ties...rather GM sold their 30% share of Subaru/Fuji to Toyota.

They may have had the same designers at one point before the seperation but with them severing ties there will be no sharing of platform but I wouldn't be suprised if they both come out with similar lines on their cars.

PURELY speculative though on the last part...

Agree on the back seat. That was one of the reasons I traded my WRX wagon. My circumstances are a bit different now. I am commuting 90% of the time and we use my wife's car for basic transport duty. Plus, if the new Impreza is slightly stretched that might alleviate the problem. She will likely get stuck with a minivan or similar to handle the increasing volume of people and associated crap we need to haul around.

For me (not everybody, of course) a four-door hatch + AWD + manual tranny + 300 hp more or less = awesome. Waitaminute...I have that now.:lol:

But, I like the nimbleness of a smaller wheelbase so the new Impreza would warrant a look for sure. The new Ford RS is intriguing except we'll never see it and, of course, the Ford part is a problem. I might even be talked into a 2-door hatch. An AWD Mini would be coolness but not likely to be a reality.

Archived