LegacyGT.com

2008 Subaru Impreza Wagon ... Spy Pictures

AWD_Rules3830

do you remember previous Ford Focus?

There were 3 and 5 door hatchbacks, 4 door sedan and a wagon. If you see them you will know what is what.

It seems that Vibe, Matrix, Audi A3 are somewhere in between Focus 5 door hatch and 5 door wagon.

Krzys

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just like the Mercedes. We've got torque yes, my hp not so much.

I have a VW Jetta Tdi and a LGT . I would trade mine ICE Lgt for a turbo diesel suby in flash, hopefully audi doesnt beat them to a awd model. Turbo diesels have huge tuning potentials just like our LGT's. Some new injectors and a tune will give amazing torque and respectable hp. The nice thing is that the power comes on in very low rpms unlike our LGt's . Check out the forums at tdiclub.com . A wagon with 200hp 350torque that got 45mpg would be awesome. Now make it biodiesel freindly with a better fuel filter and inline heater and we could really solve some of USA's energy problems. Go soy power.....way better than ethanol.

Jim

I have a VW Jetta Tdi and a LGT . I would trade mine ICE Lgt for a turbo diesel suby in flash, hopefully audi doesnt beat them to a awd model. Turbo diesels have huge tuning potentials just like our LGT's. Some new injectors and a tune will give amazing torque and respectable hp. The nice thing is that the power comes on in very low rpms unlike our LGt's . Check out the forums at tdiclub.com . A wagon with 200hp 350torque that got 45mpg would be awesome. Now make it biodiesel freindly with a better fuel filter and inline heater and we could really solve some of USA's energy problems. Go soy power.....way better than ethanol.

Jim

I would be curious about a diesel. Subaru's buyer base is known for the being one of the most educated about cars; so i think they(we) would look very well on a diesel and it could have respectable sales numbers.

I think i would like to have a diesel for a daily driver and a gas engine for a more performance oriented car.

My perfect garage would be a Legacy GT(one down lol) and a Tribeca Diesel with some towing capacity. With maybe a S2000 for some weekend fun:lol::icon_wink.

I love my car ... basically.

do you remember previous Ford Focus?

There were 3 and 5 door hatchbacks, 4 door sedan and a wagon. If you see them you will know what is what.

It seems that Vibe, Matrix, Audi A3 are somewhere in between Focus 5 door hatch and 5 door wagon.

Krzys

I know the traditional shape differentiation...

More appropriately, if they are saying that the new impreza is going to be a 5-door hatch... like say, the Mazda 3 or Vibe, what, if ANY are the practical losses compared to the outgoing impreza sport wagon/Outback sport?

The outgoing impreza hatch is not much longer at all than the sedan, or cars like the Mazda 3. Transitioning to another car of similar configuration, but slightly different look to the rear quarter windows seems like little of a change, and more of a semantic difference.

It isn't as though they are cutting a long section out of the rear overhang of a full station wagon, like the Legacy wagon. I would argue that the Impreza wagon is very nearly a 5-door hatch already.

And if the Autoblog story is remotely correct, and the WRX model is dissappearing between the impreza and STI, that will be a huge blow, and a completely illogical move.

Would it be possible that the WRX will become the new base Impreza?

How well were the non-turbo Imprezas selling anyway?

Most WRC entries are more like Focus 3 door (or 5 door hatch) than wagon. I think Subaru will make smaller car than current one. If US needs larger vehicle then hopefully Fuji included this in their redesign.

It used to be that Golf + trunk = Jetta but VW tried to differentiate the two (Jetta was never popular in Europe, hell it changed its name twice: Jetta, Vento, Bora http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Jetta)

Focus 5 door hatchback + trunk = 4 door sedan.

I suspect new Impreza might be something along these lines.

Krzys

Don't know whether or not this pic has been posted yet:

if the actual car looks like that pic u showed.....Subaru can go to hell...i'm spending my money as a mitsu dealer next...or even a bmw dealer.... puke

That pic of the Mitsu Evo is a real pic.. but those Subaru's are just drawings..

WAIT... did you see the expected power output?? 300hp and 430 lb ft of torque?? I wonder if that is right...

With that kind of torque, it must be a diesel...

Just kidding!

That pic of the Mitsu Evo is a real pic.. but those Subaru's are just drawings..

WAIT... did you see the expected power output?? 300hp and 430 lb ft of torque?? I wonder if that is right...

Hah! they forgot to convert. 431 Newton Meters of torque = 318 lb/ft of torque

So:

300 hp

318 tq

That's 430 Nm of torque = 300 lb-ft (according to the AutoExpress article)

HV

More info:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/205057/subaru_impreza.html

And pictures... I dig it:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_425/car_photo_212758_5.jpg

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_425/car_photo_212757_5.jpg

I dig it as well but would need to do something about the wing. A stealth 5-door STi sounds interesting.

I dig it as well but would need to do something about the wing. A stealth 5-door STi sounds interesting.

Agree. Well, the thing - if true - is really.... a Legacy 5-door hatchaback :eek::lol::lol::lol::wub:

Agree. Well, the thing - if true - is really.... a Legacy 5-door hatchaback :eek::lol::lol::lol::wub:

Not really a replacement for Legacy wagon with kids & stuff. But close. At least not a stupid looking sedan. :icon_wink

Archived